fiduciary

Author Topic: New Rogue One trailer  (Read 6062 times)

Offline Greenie

• Force User
  • Pew pew!!

Offline Darkmatter73

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
Re: New Rogue One trailer
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 04:51:57 PM »
My brain watching the trailer:
Hmm ok, looks cool.
Hey neat new ship, i like it.
Liking the characters so far.
Fantastic shots of the star destroyers.
New droid is funny, and good design.
A FREAKING DEATH STAR ECLIPSE?!
Oh and Darth Vader.

That  Death Star shot, for me, was the best moment of this. What it means literally and figuratively... Wow.
Gorgeous and well done, I can't wait!

Offline Guylo Ren

• Padawan Learner
  • Hi to all,dark side & light alike!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 12:08:02 AM »
Agreed!I have to admit my interest in Rogue One was starting to wane a little as I found myself wondering,does the Star Wars universe really need another bloody prequel?We know exactly where it's gonna end up...
That being said,it looks great!Doesn't appear to be about the Force,& of course all the Jedi are gone (although- who is Donnie Yen?!?),it's more about armies & battles- the fledgling Rebellion struggling to hold back the tide of the crushing Empire.Strong characters,the ships we all love,& those Death Star shots!So trailer two has come at just the right point for me,interest reignited,& roll on December!  :grin:

Offline Greenie

• Force User
  • Pew pew!!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 03:22:16 AM »
Oh yeah. I'm sure it's a story that doesn't need telling, like the prequels but  it looks to be a good little adventure in a familiar universe.
The shot of the Death Star upside down, orbiting a planet looks awesome. I most intrigued as to how the movie will end. Will it Segway into ANH. Will there be a handover of the plans to the Princess or her Father?.......Jimmy Smits is apparently reprising his role as Bail Organa.  :cool:

Offline TheBaconWizard

• Experienced Force User
  • Font artist
    • CrystalSonix
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 04:16:18 AM »
And James Earl Jones is onboard as Vader's voice (although I suspect we won't have a lot of Vader)

Offline anakin2000

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 07:50:44 PM »
And James Earl Jones is onboard as Vader's voice (although I suspect we won't have a lot of Vader)

that actually did occur to me after watching the trailer a few nights ago when it premiered during the olympics. if thats the case and vaders just a sideshow I would  be really disappointed

Offline Greenie

• Force User
  • Pew pew!!
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 04:21:28 AM »
Sadly, I think you're gonna be disappointed then :sad: The episodic films are all about Vader. Rogue One will be all about the Rebels. They couldn't tell this story without him being in it but I think he will be a 'looming presence'  used sparingly. Still, we are getting 'new' Vader and hopefully his limited screen time will involve him tearing the rebels a new A.  :grin:

Offline Obi_1

• Mining Colony Members
  • Experienced Force User
  • Creator of DIYino - first open source FX-board
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2016, 06:54:07 AM »
I loved the 1st trailer, I love the 2nd one too!!! To be very honest, I'm waiting for the Rogue One more than for EP VIII. There is no disappointment risk in there, we all know the story (at least at large), it's going to be a good World War II battle movie our generation 40+ so liked as kids, set in our favorite Universe.

Yeah, Darth Vader had to be there. But as said before, he will be more a looming presence. He had to be there because of public request/outcry and because it would be hard to justify leaving him out. But this film will not be about him for a change. I suspect he will have exactly the 3 sec time in the movie seen in Trailer 2 (for the time of a deep breath). As much as I would love seeing him chop down rebels big time, it's not going to happen and would not be a befitting task for him either.

I liked those scenes with the X-wings flying in the dark. And yeah, our favorite stormtroopers are back again. I hope they will have the chance to redeem themselves at least a bit (pleeeeeeeease!)

Offline TheBaconWizard

• Experienced Force User
  • Font artist
    • CrystalSonix
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 10:45:00 AM »
I think they will handle Darth Vader the same way they did it in Rebels. And that works for me.

Offline smcady

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 07:11:59 AM »
If we even get to see one more scene with Vader it's worth it.

Offline Greenie

• Force User
  • Pew pew!!
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 01:28:01 PM »
Should these Rogue One threads be moved to the prequels section?

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 01:02:21 PM »
I'm looking forward to Rogue One, though it will likely be predictable.  From a marketing stand point it was a smart move for Disney to make this first anthology film about a familiar event as a way to introduce fans and movie goers to the idea of a Star Wars film that has nothing to do with the Skywalkers or the Force per se.

That being said, I liked the new trailer but the international one was better.  I know it's just a trailer but the dialog just seemed a bit emotionless to me.  I love the aesthetic and the shots look pretty dynamic.  It'll be cool to see which props and costumes from A New Hope make their way into the film.  I'm really digging the special forces Stormtrooper Armor and Blasters.

Offline darth hondo

• Master Force User
  • there can only be two
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 02:55:51 PM »
I agree that the trailers for Rogue One look pretty good. It is a good idea in general and also for Disney marketing to expand the SW universe by doing non-Jedi oriented SW movies. (My reason being that unless Disney makes gobs of money from the SW franchise, they may not invest sufficiently to make good SW movies.)

That said, deep down in my heart I don't really care so much about Rogue One or even the upcoming Han Solo stand alone movie in the so called SW Anthology series. (I''ll probably watch them as rented DVDs.) I'd rather watch movies about Obi Wan, Qui Gon, and Mace Windu since Ewan McGregor, Liam Neeson, and Samuel Jackson are all good actors and I'm sure that very interesting stories can be told about the periods in their respective Jedi careers, either before and/or after the Episodes 1-3.

Since the PT in general were weak movies, movies about these standout Jedi can fill in gaps in the SW backstory that weren't well told by GL.

My two cents.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 03:04:35 PM by darth hondo »

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 11:32:10 PM »
I think the stand alone Han Solo movie will be a disaster.  I love Han Solo, but we really don't need a prequel about him.

Offline TheBaconWizard

• Experienced Force User
  • Font artist
    • CrystalSonix
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2016, 12:07:26 PM »
I think the stand alone Han Solo movie will be a disaster.  I love Han Solo, but we really don't need a prequel about him.

I feel like a TV series of the quality we've been getting from HBO and Netflix recently would b more appropriate, and a Ben Kenobi one as well.

retrousse