fiduciary

Author Topic: multi color  (Read 2075 times)

Offline Darth Resev

• Man of many names
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back
    • Facebook
multi color
« on: June 29, 2006, 11:54:46 AM »
Our PT cruiser has  an LED KIT installed on the bottom of our car that has a special ability to change colors at the push of a button .The LEDS are in tubes much like the polycarbonate blades and are very bright.Now a thought occrured to me, like  applying this same idea to the FX sabers.Just think of having one saber that can change from bright blue, to bright  green,bright purple and bright red ,or many other colors.
Now I can't do anything with mine because i'm not smart enough,but if anybodyelse knows that would be pretty cool. ;D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 11:56:48 AM by Resident Evil »
sig removed, ...animation not allowed

Offline djforce

• Master Force User
Re: multi color
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 11:58:01 AM »
In another post I saw a video of that and that would be cool and add you could change the pulse of the saber

Ghost4

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 12:36:13 PM »
Sounds like you need to look at the prolight RGB LED.  It's a normal 1W with three diodes in there.  Meaning you can have a straight on/off or hook them to pots and MIX ANY color. ;D

This isn't an FX... there would be far to many LEDs needed to make it work, but it is in the same style of Luxeon sabers.

Here's an example: http://www.illumisabers.com/21/index.html Be sure to see the video at the bottom to get the full impact of what it can do.

Offline SAESEE TIIN

• Formerly known as Lazbum
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I wish I had quotes as cool as Admiral Ackbar!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 12:57:22 PM »
Wow thats a really cool saber.  I would definitely pick one up but for that price tag of $500 I'd rather go with a hyper blade for the pulse effect.  I could see a price tag of 200-250 tops.  Just my .02

Thanks to Darth Nerdold for the sig!
Proud Owner of a Graflex V from Yoda!

Offline djforce

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 12:59:37 PM »
Yess! that's the one that I saw! :o

Offline trexy

• General of the Old Republic
  • Master Force User
  • At last we will have revenge!
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 01:18:13 PM »
The blade doesnt look bright enough?

Ghost4

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 02:11:09 PM »
Wow thats a really cool saber.  I would definitely pick one up but for that price tag of $500 I'd rather go with a hyper blade for the pulse effect.  I could see a price tag of 200-250 tops.  Just my .02

It is a bit pricy... but he'd using the guts of an MR right there to add to the price.  That's $120 right off of the bat, $40 for the MPP emitter, about $20 for the LED (it's 11 euro I believe),  those pots are $5 a pop, the tube, metal blade holder... it certainly adds up, $200 would be the cost of materials. :-\  Think about how much the fx-sabers Luke ANH is.

I'd trade color changing for a pulse any day... but that's my 2 cents too.

The blade doesnt look bright enough?

The video is a crappy angle... but it would be a little less bright than a 3W on each color straight.  Mixing however it would be spliting hairs to say which is duller/brighter depending how much of each is being used especially considering you could mix any shade that might be a hair off.  As an example though turn them all up to get white and it will be the same as a 3W White.

Seth Ski-Woo

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 03:28:11 AM »
I wonder how one of these colour changing set ups would look in a Mace FX hilt with the red and blue both cranked up? And if it would look a lot better than  a 3W white luxeon with a filter? that's not considering the cost  :-\ 

retrousse