fiduciary

Author Topic: Can the QV Be Converted?  (Read 2459 times)

Offline Master Valon

• Master Force User
  • "Love can ignite the stars."- Matthew Stover
Can the QV Be Converted?
« on: February 24, 2012, 08:28:50 PM »
As the title says, I was wondering if the QV model saber offered by Parks is convertable? Here's the linky:

http://www.parksabers.com/qv-deuce.html

I know that JQ makes a Quinlan Vos saber that is made to be a Luxeon saber, but it's more expensive and I am not sure when it's available. So yeah, I was wondering if I should sequester some birthday money away to buy a QV from Parks with the intent to eventually convert it to hold a PC 1.6, and hopefully with a 10-watter and FoC, but that wouldn't be for a while yet. I'm just wondering if any of this would be a possibility.
Though this is the end of the age of heroes, it has saved its best for last.

Offline Gil Gamesh

• Formerly known as Kit Fisto
  • Master Force User
Re: Can the QV Be Converted?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 10:17:59 PM »
definitely convertable
Support our Font Makers!

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 10:50:51 PM »
***dusts off links to his section***... Has been and can be done ;)  Makes a great QV BTW.

Offline Master Valon

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 10:38:01 AM »
Hah, sorry General, I guess I need to practice my search-fu some more. That's good news, though! Definitely know what my birthday money is going toward.... ;D

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 05:18:31 PM »
Hah, sorry General, I guess I need to practice my search-fu some more. That's good news, though! Definitely know what my birthday money is going toward.... ;D

Good choice.  They are really cool when converted.  I love em. :D

Offline Master Valon

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 05:33:49 PM »
Shweet! Do you happen to know roughly how long the hilt is? To me it looks around 12", but since I really don't have a frame of reference, and I know Parks hilts are generally on the small side, I figured it might be closer to the 11" mark. Oh, I'm also still trying to decide whether or not to keep it an exact replica of Vos's saber and go with a green blade, or make it a one-off saber and go with a blue blade. I already have an AWESOME full custom CF saber, so I am leaning toward going exact replica, as I really don't have a nice replica saber (excluding Force FX sabers), but I didn't know the "legality" of using an exact replica saber in a RL costume entry if you are not costuming as said face character, so I didn't wana limit my choices if I wanted to eventually dual-wield sabers for my RL entry. Sorry for my rambling, it's just that the planning stage of a saber is where most of the fun is for me, haha.

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 05:38:13 PM »
The General would be an excellent choice to convert that saber,  and if you want my opinion on blade color,  I'd go totally different and do a nice golden-yellow blade instead of green or blue.

Offline Master Valon

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 07:05:16 PM »
Dang it Jay, I was planning on subtly and subconciously influencing the General to do the conversion, now my cover's blown!  :D haha in all seriousness, I actually was thinking of asking him to do the eventual conversion, once I got all the funds lined up. In regards to the blade color, that's pretty interesting! I could totally picture that hilt with a golden yellow blade, and perhaps white FoC? Who knows, maybe around June-July of this year, we might be seeing a golden QV conversion in "LDM's Portfolio"!  :)

Offline Master Valon

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 03:27:45 PM »
So, I drew out some pictures of how the QV would look with different colors of blade, and I think I've decided that I like the look purple has with this hilt. So, when the time comes, I believe I shall get this hilt converted to a 10W RGGB wired for puple with white FoC. Probably gunna go with Shatterpoint as well. I mean, to quote madcow, "it's a must have for any purple lightsaber!"  :D

retrousse