fiduciary

Author Topic: Broken saber.... money stinks.  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Lucien Kane

• Master Force User
    • youtube channel
Broken saber.... money stinks.
« on: March 01, 2011, 12:47:43 AM »
My custom parks literally took a dump... literally, I put the blade in and the electronics popped out the back of the hilt. Apparently the jack is only held in by the wires that attach it to the activator. Well.... that plus some other cosmetic issues bump up the repairs to a likely hundred bucks.... So now comes the big question... do I pay for repairs or get a new saber? Ah the conundrums of life.
\"A lightsaber - any weapon - only achieves worth in how it is wielded - in the effort, the struggle of one who holds it.

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
Re: Broken saber.... money stinks.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 12:59:09 AM »
Question is, did you have it commissioned and did that happen the very first time out of the box? If so...you might still meet warranty. If that is the case...that's some seriously shoddy work for that to happen. If it isn't under warranty, depending on which sabersmith you choose, you may pay between $50 to $150 depending on how bad the damage is ontop of shipping.
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
  • Owl Thread Survivor #19
    • The Star Wars Custom Miniature Database
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 09:38:02 AM »
Didn't you beat the petunias out of this saber?  Is this the same Arc-Wave modification you've dueled with for years?  Or is it a new custom?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 10:25:49 AM by LUMINARA UNDULI »

Offline Lucien Kane

• Master Force User
    • youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 10:31:30 AM »
I've had her since August-ish, and yeah I've dueled with her pretty hard, but I didn't think the blade jack and battery compartment would just pop out like that. From what I've heard from everyone about parksabers I figured I'd destroy the blade before anything else. Anyways, I was just surprised about it, and now I'm not sure what to do I have a few options I'm looking at, I eat the 100 bucks, which will take me time to save up, and even more time to wait on Jeff to get my saber back to me. Jeff's great, but the man is sooooo busy. Next option, I save up a little less money, and get a carbon fiber blade for this one, and turn her into a full vfx saber. Not as flashy, but definitely cheaper... What I want to do despite my monetary troubles, is fix this one up, put her on display, and get a dueling hilt... Problem is I just don't know what to get, I love the design of my saber, and I don't know anyone who could do the work the way I want it done. I suppose I could send the saber to a smith tell them what tweaks I want on the hilt and have it done that way, but we're talking big amounts of cash here probably. So I just don't know, I suppose I'll start saving up and figure out what I want to do.
\"A lightsaber - any weapon - only achieves worth in how it is wielded - in the effort, the struggle of one who holds it.

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
  • Owl Thread Survivor #19
    • The Star Wars Custom Miniature Database
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 10:46:35 AM »
Ah, ok.  Well, money definitely helps.

I wouldn't get Parks to do it either - he doesn't like dealing with people who send in for repairs.  I've had some bad experiences...

Oh, and thanks, Luminara.   :D

Offline Lucien Kane

• Master Force User
    • youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 01:41:56 PM »
I suppose I could see if Korbanth would convert it.... That's talking even more cash though... it would be a nice upgrade though. Well blasts.... what to do what to do.

Offline Drazhar

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 08:12:01 AM »
I suppose I could see if Korbanth would convert it.... That's talking even more cash though... it would be a nice upgrade though. Well blasts.... what to do what to do.

Korbanth doesn't really do that stuff, he just makes hilts.

You might want to talk to LDM/GENERAL GRIEVOUS about that, he's the master of Cram-fu after all.

Offline Lucien Kane

• Master Force User
    • youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 09:09:11 AM »
I might just get them to put an LED in there.... after all, it's much easier to do that than it is to put a sound board in this hilt. I'll ask around, I'm in no hurry as I have no money to do anything about it right now anyways.

retrousse