fiduciary

Author Topic: TFU II Starkiller Concept Saber "TFU-GM" Run DEPOSIT THREAD!!!  (Read 103572 times)

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
Re: TFU II Starkiller Concept Saber "TFU-GM" Run DEPOSIT THREAD!!!
« Reply #315 on: May 30, 2022, 04:04:23 PM »
I can understand why you would feel that way. At this point it would certainly be a relief as then we could finish them without feeling pressure. 

There is no lack of focus. It is constantly top of mind.  The problem though is that the wheels are turning, I can't make it go faster. Clearly if I could have I would have.

I wish it had gone differently.  But it didn't.   By the time we received the physical hilts, the internals that were designed for it were already obsolete. We had a string of bad engineering which ate up a couple of years. Then my grandson got sick and we were unable to move forward during that period. The last chassis looked and behaved well in preliminary testing and so we had the entire run internals redone at the cost of many thousands of dollars.  Unfortunately that occurred during covid by this point and it took a ridiculously long time period by the time we had them in hand we were having staffing issues I was not able to get to the installs right away. Once we did we realized that there was this issue. A part was reversed from what it should have been to be installable. I have been trying to resolve it since.

I appreciate the folks that have been patient and have stuck with us all this time period and because I gave you my word, I fully intend to finish the run for you guys. But the continued pressure, some post or thread somewhere almost every month has taken its toll. While most have been more than patient  (thank you so much) there have been a few people on the run that have been particularly difficult.  They have been abusive and difficult to deal with. That is uncalled for. You were all offered refunds. If you want to stick it out, then do so kindly and with grace. Otherwise take the refund. Sometimes when people are particularly aggressive it makes it harder for me to cut through that and focus on what I need to do. You get sort of paralyzed because you are just stressed to the limit.

What's hard for me to relate to is that after this period of time it has already been so long why not just have the grace and let me get the run finished instead of these kinds of things like oh "everybody on the run PM me". I've offered refunds for years, like literally years. We are not just hanging on to people's money with no intention of fulfilling the run and, in addition, we took a very small deposit relatively speaking  I am trying to do right and honor my word rather than just forcing refunds which I could have done a long time ago. I could have said "Hey the run is defunct we're never gonna be able to get to it here's your money back". Instead I waded in and tried to resolve it so that everybody who was on the run could have what they wanted. But I can't take any more pressure because I am doing all I can do to bring it to conclusion.   Posts like the one earlier today do make me wanna just close the run and give up. So it's really up to you folks going forward as to whether or not we're going to be able to continue. So if you all would PM me instead of PMing each other and let me know what you'd like to do that would be fantastic.

I also want to reiterate that I am greatful to those who have waited patiently and am continuing to plug away for YOU guys. The run will be completed even if everyone decides to get a refund because we just have entirely too much blood, sweat and tears as well as significant financial outlay into it to not finish.  I understand everyone is frustrated,  as am I. I do not mean to diminish in any way the ridiculous length of time it has taken or your right to be frustrated.

Facebook: VVFB

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #316 on: May 31, 2022, 01:20:26 PM »

EDITED.     
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 12:53:28 PM by sithslayer1 »

Offline Pfockerchief

• Master Force User
  • (Fa-ker-chief)
« Reply #317 on: June 01, 2022, 02:58:37 PM »
Deanna my simple request for PMs on the run was modest and simply meant to understand that very thing.  Ive been extremely patient waiting for the ultimate VV TFU2 saber.  I barely comment and certainly don't on FB as all.  If you somewhere believe my post was inflammatory well then all I can say...it wasn't meant to be.  Any rate....last post I'll ever make on the topic.
Yoda Vintage GFIV, GFV
LDM Obi Bronzium Reveal
LDM MKVI ROTJ PC2 V2 #27
SP/LDM Sid
SJ Obi Romans Reveal
GCS CF6 CEX Asc#14/PC2 Asc AE/Custom Badaxx
OR Adi-Galia CF6
VV Luke Hero/Tempest/Wraths

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #318 on: June 03, 2022, 01:23:56 PM »
just a thought but why not offer these up as empties?

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
« Reply #319 on: June 03, 2022, 07:34:47 PM »

It has been well established through the years that VV DOES NOT do that.

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #320 on: June 03, 2022, 08:12:39 PM »
Not something that we do. We are perfectly willing to return deposits. But when they are installed, that will be by us :).

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #321 on: June 04, 2022, 07:35:54 AM »
PM sent this am.

Thank you Deanna.

Best,
Howard

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #322 on: June 04, 2022, 01:08:09 PM »

It has been well established through the years that VV DOES NOT do that.

i know that but its completely different circumstances here tho mate and with all due respect thats not really for you to answer tbh,
i was thinking with people getting refunds they mite offer them to at the least cut losses,

""Not something that we do. We are perfectly willing to return deposits. But when they are installed, that will be by us :).""
no worries thanks just thought id ask..
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 01:12:40 PM by Scorpion »

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline Darth Hulk

• No Force
  • More sabers please!
« Reply #323 on: May 01, 2023, 08:28:38 PM »
Greetings.
Wondering if there is any update per chance? Been about a year since the last status update.
Thanks!
VV Starkiller TFUI Run 3
Vader's Vault Hero: Run 2 emitter delete
Vader's Vault: Battle Wrap Havoc, FLEX ESB, Mitsu 3K
Roman's MK1 Weathered FX installed with Prizm v4
TFUII Starkiller by Cargill Custom Sabers
Needs install: Korbanth MPP 2.0, Solo's Hold Blind Knight, Korbanth Crossguard

Offline SharkyMcShark

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #324 on: May 03, 2023, 05:44:27 AM »
Also keen to get an update. I was beginning to suspect this had shadow dropped.

Eight years past due now. It would be good to see some progress.

Offline Pfockerchief

• Master Force User
  • (Fa-ker-chief)
« Reply #325 on: July 18, 2023, 04:07:46 PM »
Yep way past due.  Yes yes Deanna I know I can get a refund but I don't want a refund...I simply would like the saber we all yearned for years ago.  An update would be great.
Yoda Vintage GFIV, GFV
LDM Obi Bronzium Reveal
LDM MKVI ROTJ PC2 V2 #27
SP/LDM Sid
SJ Obi Romans Reveal
GCS CF6 CEX Asc#14/PC2 Asc AE/Custom Badaxx
OR Adi-Galia CF6
VV Luke Hero/Tempest/Wraths

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
« Reply #326 on: July 25, 2023, 12:31:10 PM »
At minimum I feel like a yearly update should be common courtesy and a simple sign of respect for those of us who have been waiting patiently.  Otherwise I have to say it feels a bit neglecting of the people and project.

Offline RyDiddy

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
« Reply #327 on: July 25, 2023, 01:22:03 PM »
Perhaps it would be a good idea for a moderator, or Yoda himself, to intervene here and ask VV to respond to the requests for an update.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #328 on: July 25, 2023, 03:27:36 PM »
People, when this request came in wr were on the road for san diego. I am driving back currently. It is a 3 day drive for me each way and a 4.5 day convention. I had intended to respond when I returned. At this point I am locking this thread. Anyone who has a question about the run who is actually on the run can send me a personal message or call the shop when I return. We are doing our very best to navigate a post COVID world with less staff and less resources. I have offered everyone on this run a refund many, many, many times. While I am committed to getting it finished, right now I am over my head and doing the very best I can. This is always extraordinarily stressful. There are 2 options. Wait until I can get it done, and it will get done, or take the refund. I am more than happy to refund deposits on this run to whoever wants one. Coming in here when you've said, first of all, that you were not going to post about this anymore, and second when you know where to find me, makes no sense. I am happy to refund you or you can continue to wait. I don't have a date because I am trying to get through everything all at once. We are shipping more than we ever have in our entire history. Things are moving. I haven't forgotten this run, I'm reminded of it constantly so even if I were to forget for 5 minutes There's not really any way to do that.I'm also not going to be held hostage when I have offered refunds repeatedly.

Smorgis, you are correct. IT is not unreasonable And I will endeavor to do better about that but I have spoken to most of you elsewhere multiple times in the last twelve months so it just seems like I am giving updates all the time, just not here :smiley: But I recognize that the folks Ive spoken to are not 100% of the folks on the run. So I will try to post here more often. Again, anyone with a question or who would like a refund please contact me via PM or call the shop later this week when I return. I am sorry, once again, that this run did not go the way any of us hoped up to this point. Hopefully those of you tired of waiting will contact me for your refunds and everyone else I will do the best I can to get you an update soon.

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
« Reply #329 on: July 25, 2023, 03:31:12 PM »
OK, an update has been given.

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

retrousse