fiduciary

Author Topic: noyl wendor's Luke ROTJ v2 (#2)  (Read 2106 times)

Offline noyl wendor

• Master Force User
    • waypointsabers
noyl wendor's Luke ROTJ v2 (#2)
« on: November 29, 2011, 05:56:58 PM »
 So I went ahead and did another ;D
 This time I used a Green P4 LED, and the 05' MR body. I did the weathering almost the same only a little lighter, and used a bit more paint than on the last one. I also sanded a few more sections on this one for a more used effect. The pommel that is on this one, was on the Blue Luke ROTJ v2 that I did. I noticed that the belt ring lined up too well with the box. So to make it a little more comforable (hanging from the belt), I swapped them. I figure why not, the parts are compatable.

One thing that caught my eye was how the BH stuck out the emitter top on this version, I dig that.  ;D

The "body" for the MR 05' is basicly the same as the Force FX. Granted the MR has a bigger battery pack (6xAA), when installed has about the same weight as the Force FX with the x3 AAA batterys and the big metal counter weight in it.

A closer view of the weathering I was talking about. Lighter. I may still darken it a bit.

Green is very cool ;D

Lastly, the box. I think for this one I'm getting a black and silver card, and possibly taking some of the copper look off the plastic. Or replacing it all together. I was hoping to do it with a clamp section from an MR Luke ANH, but nobody seems to have one on hand that can be spared. This just gives me reason to go back and watch ROTJ for the 3rd time this month and look at how many different versions of that saber Luke is carrying ;D

I also want to do a cone nob, but not sure how long these electronics will stay in. My do an upgrade in the future. So I'm trying to keep from making any unnessesary holes.
 Over all I like both versions of this saber that was produced. But, I do favor this one a tad more for doing a ROTJ v2  ;D
"I don't deal in exotic weapons"

retrousse