fiduciary

Author Topic: noyl wendor's Luke ROTJ v2 (#1)  (Read 2335 times)

Offline noyl wendor

• Master Force User
    • waypointsabers
noyl wendor's Luke ROTJ v2 (#1)
« on: November 23, 2011, 10:27:05 PM »
 Howdy  ;D
 I've seen quite a few v2's since I started on these boards. I didn't think I was ever going to do one. But the oppertunity came up and I figured, what the heck :) I have a similar project coming up, so I thought that this one would be a good test subject.
 First off I used a Force Fx, and a BH from TCSS. The TCSS kit didn't work for this hilt so I improvised ;D
 I used a 1.18 O.D. blade holder, and used the same method for converting the MR hilt. It worked, nice snug BH, very sturdy hilt. No complaints  ;D
 For the weathering I did a heat dry for the paint, and used a generous amount of Aluminum Black. More actually than I'm used to. Enough gabbin, some pics

So I'm not sure about anyone else out there, but I could have seen Luke making (using) a Blue blade. I dig the green, but I thought a bit of a change would be fun. So I went with blue. P4 of course ;D

I may do an "upgrade" on this one later. For now I have another one on the way for a local guy. Saw what I was doing with this one and wanted one of his own. Gotta love infectious hobbys ;D
 edit: Just to be clear, the kits that Tim sells for the MR, will work for the MR version. This hilt has a bit of difference in I.D. near the emitter, thats why I used a blank BH.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 05:27:31 PM by noyl wendor »
"I don't deal in exotic weapons"

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
Re: noyl wendor's Luke ROTJ v2
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 10:35:03 PM »
Good job.

Oh, and I know this one dude who has done a few Luke ROTJ's in blue... ;)

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
Re: noyl wendor's Luke ROTJ v2
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 10:52:36 PM »
Nice one mate :) I always favour blue anyway as its my favourite colour, but yeah this looks awesome in blue  8)

retrousse