fiduciary

Author Topic: Anakin ROTS with PC v1.5 review  (Read 3200 times)

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
Re: Anakin ROTS with PC v1.5 review
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 06:25:50 AM »
well the warranty expires after 30 days correct? its like modifying a car, do it during the warranty and something small happens its on you after the 30 days or if you just dont care then go for it. I personally have no qualms with buying a whole new board and from a business stand point i would want people to attempt to mod and void warranty's thats less i would have to pay to fix peoples boards and more $ in new board purchases.

alittle off topic this is going, but i feel as longs as there are "DONTS" people will "DO" its in our nature as humans

again great saber and i still love the boot

The reason was we didn't want a bunch of people modifying their card that do not know how, breaking it and posting all over the net they have a bad board (that is not good business).  Send it to me and it works fine with the correct card but that damaging post is already out there on a message board somewhere saying the board was defective when indeed it wasn't.  Yes there are people that will lie and do this. 

BUT I will repeat.  the boards are indeed locked and will only accept the two fonts listed...you will get a lovely tune if you try other fonts.

Also I have said in the past I do not mind people messing with their boards at their own risk as long as they know the warranty is void if they do.  That's how conversions and such started.

BTW why would you buy a new board if you messed yours up?  It has been stated that I will repair them even out of warranty for a small fee.  Though we will love the business there is no reason to throw a good board away IF you were to screw it up.  Just keep that in mind.

not continue on and have fun.

no mine isnt broken i trust in ervs work the board is by far a marvel! i was merly stating that if i where to screw my board up i would have no problems buying another and i wouldn't say it were someone elses fault. 

i hate to see this topic grow legs i do understand where you are coming from MH.
once again great saber and i still love the boot sound  ;)
Sigh. :-\
why is that?

yeah no growing legs.  I wasn't saying your board was messed up right now.  I just mean if one was ever broken don't throw it away.  I am just trying to make sure people know that even if they break the board it can be repaired.  Not like the old days (with non PlecterLabs boards) when you were stuck with a non working board an a bunch of money down the drain.

Good job BTW Kevin.

Offline Darth Kevin .T

• Master Force User
  • At last the Snugi are no more!
    • My youtube page
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 06:29:49 AM »
I think what people are getting at is saying that hey if my board breaks why not buy another since there always in stock and at an affordable price.

Though if mine broke and it wasn't my fault like I didn't do anything to the board I would have it fixed.

Death to the MR and US boards!

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 06:59:50 AM »
I think what people are getting at is saying that hey if my board breaks why not buy another since there always in stock and at an affordable price.

Though if mine broke and it wasn't my fault like I didn't do anything to the board I would have it fixed.

Death to the MR and US boards!

BUT that is why I am saying this.  If you broke it and it WAS your fault you can still get it fixed.  Why throw it away and punish yourself for your mistake when you can pay a small fee to have it repaired?  I am all for buying a new one but have the old one fixed as well so you have a back up or put it in another saber.  People make mistakes and it can happen but again I am just saying don't throw away a PC whither its broken from your own actions or a faulty component.

I am just trying to get the word out and try to change peoples way of thinking so please don't take my posts as being argumentative.  I just want it to be clear is all.

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
  • IAC - Elegant designs with a more civilized edge
    • IndustrialAction Customs
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 07:06:38 AM »
MH, I think it is AWESOME that you'll fix just about any board. That says a lot about your character and we're a better community because of your presence.

If this is an inappropriate question, please feel free to disregard but, if someone were to screw with their SD card and triggered the fail, would the board resume proper function if a properly configured SD card was then inserted or does it cause the board to become unusable until repaired?

Offline Azmaria Dei

• Mistress of the Crumbles
  • Force User
  • In sleep do I find my peace.
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2011, 07:46:59 AM »
IA, i've gotten that sound numerous times on several boards now. the original load always restores normal operation.

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 07:59:21 AM »
DK, this saber looks and sounds great!

I love the custom boot... simple.. but perfect. Great job! I think Sidious' voice sounds great coming from a saber- there are many quotes I can think of that would be sweet :D

Offline Darth Kevin .T

• Master Force User
    • My youtube page
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 10:14:41 AM »
Yea ive gottin the "FAIL" sound quite a bit and when it happens I cant tell if I just got a game over or the high score on an Atari game!  :P

And thanks Space Windu about the boot, ive got alot of messages about my boot, so for those who want it feel free to send me a PM but how I made it was I found a guy on youtube who uploaded ANY clip from all 6 star wars in 1080p HD but he got his account deleted for uploading movie clips from lots of movies.

But I took his clip and downloaded it, then took the audio from the clip and trimmed the audio to the "boot" that I wanted or maybe even a custom menu sound like "lord vader" saved it as a .wav then used goldwave to convert the .wav to the correct .wav which is "unsigned 16bit mono 22050 hertz" and then your good to go!

Stay tooned as I have 2 more videos to revile and I think 1 of the videos will be very neat!  ;)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 10:17:04 AM by Darth Kevin .T »

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 01:23:45 PM »
While you are spilling 'secrets', can I have the formula for Coca Cola and the Colonel's Secret Recipie?

Offline Azmaria Dei

• Mistress of the Crumbles
  • Force User
  • In sleep do I find my peace.
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2011, 01:28:59 PM »
i guess this means i can reveal the videos for my PC-L sabers now...

oh and the secret sauce on the Big Mac is thousand island dressing. or you could take a jar of mayo and leave it out in the sun for a day. same thing either way.

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2011, 02:05:45 PM »
@ ACE AND AZ:  ROFLMAO!

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 02:55:15 PM »
While you are spilling 'secrets', can I have the formula for Coca Cola and the Colonel's Secret Recipie?

According to Bender on Futurama KFC's recipe is "Chicken, grease, salt."  While I don't know the formula for Coke, I do know Slurm and Soilent Cola.

Offline Darth Kevin .T

• Master Force User
    • My youtube page
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2011, 03:10:07 PM »
Lol Ace that was extremely random to ask for the secret to coca cola but since you asked for it PM incoming!  ;D

retrousse