fiduciary

Author Topic: FREE Raffle for FX-Sabers.com Saber Spin DVD  (Read 9761 times)

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
Re: FREE Raffle for FX-Sabers.com Saber Spin DVD
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 05:52:16 PM »
I love the SW universe because of its exspanse, varience and colorfulness. Its not always black and white like some stories. There are great characters, plots and events in all the stories, movies and games. That and lightsabers are awesome! :)

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 06:12:59 PM »
I love Star Wars for many reasons.  I was but a very small youngling when my father took me and my mother to see it.  There were many young couples with babies there and I was the quietest one in attendance, EXCEPT for when Darth Vader first appeared. 

My Mother still to this day swears that I "Cackled with Glee" when the Dark Lord Took center Screen!

I've been a Star Wars Fan almost since BIRTH, and it holds a magic for me that will ALWAYS endure.  I love Lightsabers, X-Wings, and of Course that bucket of bolts owned by a scruffy looking nerf herder, known as the Falcon.

One thing I found as I grew Older, was that I had an affinity for Japanese Culture, and storytelling, not surprising since George Lucas used a LOT of Japanese cinema and cultural influence in his Space Opera known as Star Wars.  As an adult, I appreciate the subtle nuances that set the atmosphere for the saga, and one thing that stands out to me is that EVERYONE in the Star Wars Universe Has a NAME.  That shows that George Lucas allowed creativity in his art department to shine through. It gives every character a backstory, and a history to bring them to life.

George Has many ties to some of my favorite creative minds in Hollywood; Spielberg, Frank Oz, The Late Great Jim Henson and his legacy.

Not only has created an "Empire" (pun intended) from an Idea scribbled on varies notebooks throughout the 60's and 70's, but he has created a universal entity that fans the world over share and love...

Thank you George!  No matter what people say about you, good or bad, I want to personally thank you one day, because my childhood would have been REALLY boring without your Movies!

So Basically, I love Star Wars, because it is a FAMILY the world over. It is NEVER going to be forgotten, and has become such a pop culture Icon that it has cemented itself into the pages of our history books forever.

Without Star Wars, NONE of us would be on this forum speaking of Lightsabers, and typing a reply to a topic for a Spin Video raflle!

Offline Anceem Llevik

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2008, 07:04:11 PM »
I was 8, and I remember being in my friend's basement next door in the summer of '77, and he was spinning a tale about this movie he'd seen…of how the bad guys turned on huge faucets outside their fortress and stormtroopers rode surfboards and shot laser blasters at the good guys. I was in awe and couldn't wait to see it. Of course, there were no huge faucets or surfboards, but I had forgotten all about that by - oh - about the time the main reactor was shut down on the Tantive IV. I turn 40 next month and my passion hasn't diminished a bit! Star Wars was my childhood. I vividly remember the day I bought both Ben Kenobi and the Jawa, and called my two best friends the minute I was home so they could come over and see them (I'm three feet away from both figures, and the other 80 or so, in the shadow box above my desk).
The simplistic beauty of the story and the timeless themes of good and evil and the conflict between them - they resonated then and they will resonate forever. I often try and picture what the movie industry would be like today if Star Wars had tanked. How many classic favorites would never have been made, and what would be the state of special effects today? Would another movie have come along and accomplished the same? I don't know, but I'm just glad this one did.

MR Construction Kit, US Dominix, US Initiate, The Persuader by Do-Clo, Graflex

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2008, 07:04:31 PM »
 ;D

I love starwars because it's a story of good vs evil.It also is a story of people who vs the odds and win in the end.It also brings people together from all over the world. ;D ;) ;D ;D

Offline lethalkillaz

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2008, 07:05:00 PM »
I love Star Wars because its one of the very few sci fi franchises where if you're a fan, nobody's gonna point and laugh. Because they'd be a loser for not being a fan too.

Get with the force baby, or else

Offline Snake-Eyes

• Experienced Force User
  • Si vis pacem, para bellum
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 08:29:36 PM »
Why do I love Star Wars? 
Good vs. Evil, Honor vs. Deceit...  lightsabers, blasters, strange vehicles/starships, EPIC Battles, armies of knights wearing deep-hooded cloaks, hidden "cells" of black-clad ominous "dark lords", saber battles, crazy droids... and of course, Leia's golden bikini.   ;D

Never under-estimate the Will and Ingenuity of the Oppressed...

Offline Senti Xamas

• Master Force User
  • When the light is green, the trap is clean.
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2008, 10:24:53 PM »
There are so many reasons to love star wars. I was about 6 years old. I had this strange toy in my toybox. It was a grey figure with what looked like a red magna doodle pen in his back. Im sitting on the floor playing with him when empire strikes back came on. I had never seen the movie before. I was watching the dinner seen with vader and I saw Boba Fett. I had him in my hand, and I freaked out cause I didn't even know where the figure came from. From that point on, instant fan. The individual stories, character development, and all the technology really sets it apart from any saga out there. I have alot of expensive merchandise, some in boxes, mint, lightsabers, and so on, but My Boba Fett figure is my prized possesion still.

Offline Mikkyo of the Sith

• Experienced Force User
  • Peace is a lie. . .
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2008, 10:36:11 PM »
Why do I love Star Wars?
Because the child in me tells me to.

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2008, 10:50:09 PM »
My first memory is going to see Star Wars with my father.  That's the last memory I had of him until I met him again at the age of 18.  Funny, it wasn't the last time I saw him, but the only memory I kept until I hunted him down the day I graduated high school.

It was also the first time I saw what it meant to be a strong woman.  In the age of Barbies, when women actually cried if they weren't married by 30, this teeny little thing got two strong men and an even stronger wookie out of a jamb.  I remember thinking that Luke was crazy to call her beautiful, but when I got home, I didn't want to be anyone else when I grew up.  I was 4, and none of that ever left me.

Growing up, I also knew that this was something BIG.  I didn't know why it was big, but I trusted that when the time came I'd understand. Now my best friend and I geek out about the philosophy of the Force.  The day I finally saw the Joseph Campbell interview with Bill Moyers I had my epiphany.  I understand now.  Some people say that this is a way to escape reality, but this is the way that I handle my real life.  What does the Force teach us?  How should we look at a situation?  Light Side, Dark Side, we're all given the same tools, it is how we use them that determines what side we're on.  No side is more powerful than the other, there is no advantage of one philosophy over the other, it is our will, our deeds that speak for us.  What message out there is more powerful than that?

Star Wars is great for me because this was a story that was powerful enough, strong enough, and important enough to wait for me to grow into it.

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2008, 06:37:40 AM »
I love Star Wars because of it's great philosophy, the story and the lightsabers & props ofcourse. The first Star Wars movie I ever saw was the Return Of The Jedi back in 1986 and I remember seeing the Luke's green lightsaber for the first time. Many people started either with A New Hope or with the Phantom Menace, but to me the ending was the beginning. When I was a short kiddo, I didn't dream to be a Jedi, but the opposite. I dreamed to be part of the Empire. Darth Vader, Emperor, Stormtroopers were the things I loved the most. Perhaps because of my older cousin who was focused with the Empire toys and such. The darkside of the force has always been much more intriguing & fascinating to me. So, yeah, it's no accident that I'm the Emperor hahaha  ;D  ;D  ;D. I certainly couldn't ask for more  ;). Nowadays I value the philosophy of Star Wars the most and the great family story of it. It's much more deeper to me than it used to be and very different feeling compared to my childhood. I cannot deny one thing. I love all the props in all Star Wars films, both original & prequel trilogies.

Offline Marsupial

• Padawan Learner
  • Embrace the luxeon side of the Force...
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2008, 06:48:29 AM »
I've loved Star Wars since the young age - I think its the technologies (Droids, Lightsabers) and the way they used it that made it kind of magical. Also the realism of their environment.
-Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers

Offline Darth Thalos

• Skipping Vinyl Playback Loop
  • Master Force User
  • oh look, a leaky canister
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2008, 07:33:30 AM »
I love star wars because when I was a small child seeing them for the first time, it facinated me.  I want to be in the rebellion, fly x-wings and y-wings, a-wings, what ever wing there was in the star wars universe.  As I became older, I loved to research the jedi and sith teachings.  It was fun in my mind to learn about the valley of the dark lords, or the jedi temples.  I remember when I went to disney world one christmas.  there at the MGM area of the park, there they were.  A snow speeder, and an AT-AT.  So bad did I want to climb the legs of that AT-AT and take it around the whole park.  I remember seeing the prop lightsabers in the MGM store as well.  Then Was when I wanted more than anything to lean as much as I could.  the lady at the counter let me hold a ROTJ Luke lightsaber, it was heavyt at the time, for a kid, but I wanted it to turn on and there it would be, that beautiful green light.  To this day, I wish, my parents would have gotten me that replica.  That's why I love star wars, it's one of the only few good links I have to my youth.
Oh Look!  A leaky canister, *cough cough*  BRAAAAAAAINNNNNNNNS!

Offline Chowser

• Master Force User
  • Greetings Program!
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2008, 07:43:06 AM »
I love Star Wars for the mysticism and the message of hope.

In fact, I believe in it so much, I try Jedi mind tricking people all the time.  Most go to jail compliantly, those that don't, I Force choke (My Force powers are so miniscule that I can only Force choke through hand on neck contact)

Offline The Rebel

• Formerly known as Kyuubi
  • Master Force User
  • Rebel by nature, comedian by choice.
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2008, 08:34:12 AM »
I love Star Wars because there's nothing to not love about it. Come on, everyone should love Star Wars!

-It has absolutely every genre of story line: horror, comedy, action, romance, etc.

-The ideals behind Jedi and Sith make for the ultimate good and evil, which is another awesome thing.

-Lightsabers are the coolest things ever! I think everyone on this site will agree with that XD

-Call me a little kid, but I have always wanted some kind of super powers... and with the Force... you could do anything, so it's all of the coolest super powers all wrapped into one omnipotent package!  ;D

Ever since I first saw the Original Trilogy on VHS at my grandparent's house, I have loved Star Wars. I'll get or do anything that can help me feel like I live in that universe. Whether it's buying Star Wars LEGOs and building my own battle scenes, playing Star Wars miniatures, roleplaying Star Wars, or just buying an LED lightsaber to whack people with... I would do anything to feel like I was in the Star Wars galaxy.

Oh yeah, btw... have there ever been any discussions on Star Wars LARP? I just saw the movie "Role Models" over the weekend and really want to start a SW LARP hahahaha

Offline TheChosenOne15

• No Force
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2008, 09:09:04 AM »
star wars is amazing because it shows a beautiful story of the tragedy of anakin skywalker, not to mention the awesome sci fi weaponry.  it shows what the future could be sometime and i hope to help pave the way for starships, blasters, and most of all lightsabers.

-MTFBWY
I cannot be stopped
I cannot be broken
I will feast on your fear
I...will crush...your soul
I will destroy all
I have no man my equal
I walk through the shadow of death
and fear no evil....for I'm the baddest man
in the valley
I walk.....I.....stand alone
For I am the merchant of desilence