fiduciary

Author Topic: did Palpatine use the force to 'will' Anakin's conception?  (Read 1817 times)

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
did Palpatine use the force to 'will' Anakin's conception?
« on: February 08, 2006, 09:56:21 PM »
apparantly so.

SPOILER: The first draft of the script also explained the mystery surrounding Anakin's conception. In the confrontation scene between Anakin and Palpatine (where Palpatine confesses to Anakin he is Darth Sidious), he would also explain that he used the power of the Force to will the midichlorians to start the cell divisions that created Anakin. This explanation was later deemed unnecessary by George Lucas and subsequently cut.

"No, Luke Anakin.    I[/b] am your father."

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005JLXF/103-9649713-9441441?v=glance&vi=quotes-trivia
scroll to the VERY bottom of the page. its the second last entry in a sea of great trivia  ;D

---------------------

Also:

In the battle duel scene with Count Dooku, the imprisoned Palpatine originally had more dialog which he was to shout at Anakin. One of his lines pertained to Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002) in which Palpatine exposed Dooku as paying the Tusken Raiders to kidnap, torture and kill Shmi Skywalker.

:o

"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
Re: did Palpatine use the force to 'will' Anakin's conception?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 10:10:09 PM »
 :o

VERY interesting information  ;).

Offline Darth Torment

• Sith Lord Formerly Known As DARTH TORMENT
  • Experienced Force User
  • Darth Plagueis The Wise . . .
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 03:14:08 PM »
I like that they left the first one out- leaves it open to interpretation- did Sidious, Plageius or neither create anakin
but i really like the second one-should have kept that in-Tyranus working with the Tuskens...

DT

Visit The Citadel Of Darth Plagueis The Wise (buy/sell/trade thread):
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=3817.msg64943#msg64943

Proud member of Snowtroopers.ca. Check my profile.

Offline toos

• Master Force User
  • That's Treason!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 07:21:03 PM »
Yeah, why did they cut so much out? McCallum said GL will do a super revised edition of ROTS, so maybe he'll add all of the extra stuff in....?
Just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe

Offline Fettman

• Force User
  • "As you wish."
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 12:19:30 PM »
I doubt it.  Originally, the Opening scene with the Space battle and  Grievous's Ship was a hour itself, the Obi-Wan/Grievous fight was going to have another 40 min to it.....and another hour or two was added somewhere in the movie....

It would've been around 4 hrs, which I thought would've been amazing, but they cut so much out of Ep. III

Offline Jedi_Qaid

• Experienced Force User
  • My Ally Is The Force And A STRONG Ally It Is...
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 01:41:40 PM »
it would be interresting to see the UnEdited Version of all 6 movies... 1 day perhaps...
My Collection

*Episode I*

Offline skizzoid

• Formerly known as skizzoid
  • Master Force User
  • At last, we shall reveal ourselves to the Jedi...
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 09:11:15 PM »
it would be interresting to see the UnEdited Version of all 6 movies... 1 day perhaps...

Yeah, that's also probably how long it'd take to watch all 6 unedited movies straight through. :D
Master Replicas Force FX Collection:
2004 Mace AOTC
2004 Luke ESB (in pieces)
2004 Luke ESB
2005 Luke ROTJ
2005 Mace ROTS

Offline jedi.the0ry

• Force User
  • Saber Master
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 12:19:12 AM »
3 days and a lot of Bawls.

As Far as the main topic here goes:

I think that it was Plaegus who willed the midichlorians to create a child who would one day bring "balance to the force." Thus meaning, if there can only be 2 sith, there will only be 2 jedi. Majority-wise, this happens. Many would argue that some other Jedi escaped, but who says there weren't other sith in hiding, not wanting to expose themselves for no reason. With one powerful Sith as Emperor, there would be no power gain for them to come out of hiding. Thus, the balance was maintained and that's how it went.

retrousse