fiduciary

Author Topic: "Aurea" - MHS Crystal Focus Lightsaber  (Read 13540 times)

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
"Aurea" - MHS Crystal Focus Lightsaber
« on: June 22, 2012, 09:54:36 PM »
Well everybody, after a lot of hard work and challenges faced, I am finally proud to unveil:

Aurea

I began planning this project back in May of 2011 and now a little over a year later it has finally come to life. I designed this to be my personal saber. I was going for an aesthetically pleasing yet simple look and I think it was well achieved. It is very easy to hold, nothing gets in the way of my hands, and it is a great spinner. The work done by Tim at the Custom Saber Shop is absolutely beautiful.

Specs:
Plecter Labs Crystal Focus 5.6
7.4V 18500 Li-Ion Battery Pack
Yellow Dot Momentary Switch
LedEngin RGBW mixed for Yellow with White FoC
2W Bass Speaker
2.1mm Recharge port with kill key from Beggars Outpost

The Crystal Focus is by far the coolest thing I have ever seen in terms of FX lightsabers! I always seen videos of CF sabers in action on You Tube or here on the forums but I until I began this project, I never thought I would own one myself. Thank you Erv for a magnificent piece of work. The soundfonts I have loaded are as follows:

Novastar by Novastar
Shatterpoint by Madcow
TOR Tranquility by Nightstorm
Episode IV by Novastar
Knights of the Old Republic by Machinimax (Me!  :D )
Duelist by Sekrouge1985

The Red and Green dice on the LedEngin are mixed for a nice yellow color. Both are wired in series and being powered by 1 amp. The white die is used for Flash on Clash. It's a very subtle FoC but it's there and I like it very much. I'm not a big fan of the blade changing colors when FoC is triggered. At just 1 amp, this sucker is BRIGHT! Even in the natural light it's still pretty bright and my house gets a lot of outdoor light. (And FYI the batteries died about five minutes after I took those pictures and look how bright it still is.) The color is really brought out and very evenly lit by the TransWhite Dual Diffused Blade I got from Vader's Vault. (Thank you Fender Bender and Allaerra!) The name of the saber comes actually from the color of the blade. Aurea is Latin for golden. When I was deciding on names for this saber, this one took the cake for me. It's short and simple, it describes the saber a little, and has a bit of an elegant ring to it.

A few build pics:

Video

The people here on the forums have been tremendously helpful in my research for this project. With your guidance and patience, I was able to make something great. I have always loved the thrill of putting something together with my own two hands and this is by far one of my best works yet. I am very proud of it. So I hope you enjoy Aurea as much as I do. Thanks very much and MTFBWYA!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 12:30:40 PM by Machinimax »

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world!

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Offline Ladyhawke

• Experienced Force User
Re: "Aurea" - MHS Crystal Focus Lightsaber
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 10:13:31 PM »
Excellent job!  I really like the simplicity of this saber.  Looks very solid for dueling and such.  Very awesome :)

Offline ScrimpyPIE

• Experienced Force User
  • Guardian's Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 12:58:01 AM »
It looks awesome,man! The apprentice has become a knight in his own right.... But remember, the road to Master is a long and hard one. Good job, keep it up!!!
"Use the fork, Luke!"

"Are they friendly?" - Obi-wan Kenobi
"Depends... On how good your manners are;
and how big your  'pocket-book' is. - Dexter Jettster

Lightsaber collection-
US Raven
Mhs-based Luke RoTJ
Rebellion KotOR run x2
(Original: violet)
(Second-hand: sky blue)
OM/LDM Lego saber run
LDM Custom "Quobi"
GenesisCustom Ascend CF6 run
GenesisCustom Badaxx "Browncoat"
Personal saber "Illum" by Simpi-gon Sims
"Primum V2" by Darthvix/LDM

Offline Deke

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 01:02:21 AM »
I love that golden yellow, totally going to use something close to that in one of my sabers soon!

Offline Free Thinker

• Force User
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 01:59:04 AM »
Congratulations on a great build! :) Looking forward to seeing the video. 

Offline Holt

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 02:12:47 AM »
Very nice build!I LOVE the yellow! Looks bright as the sun! I cannot wait until I get my CF 5.10 installed!

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 05:22:49 AM »
What a nice culmination for all your hard work!!!  It came out quite well!  Very nice yellow :).

Facebook: VVFB

Offline LordBlako

• Master Force User
  • I'm just the Font Maker!
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 05:54:52 AM »
it's finally done... congrats, machinimax! i guess you will definately enjoy this saber...  :) it turned out really good!  8)

Offline Darthvix

• Master Force User
    • Darthvix Custom Sabers
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 07:09:57 AM »
Very nice, I love the simple design. The yellow color will make it more of a "personal" saber. Not many yellows out there, this came out great!
Well Done!
Best,
Terry

Offline Jagged Fel

• Experienced Force User
  • "I know lesson one.Don't grab the glowy end."
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 07:51:22 AM »
Congrats on a job well done,look forward to seeing the video :) It must feel good to finally finish it up...now if i could only find the time to finish my own projects i started over a year ago,(time)-the older you get the faster it goes and there's a lot less of it :P
Sabers so far:

Luke V2,US 2.5 with crystal chamber(by ALuke123)
MR Vader ESB
MR Luke ESB
MR Luke ROTJ
MR Obi-Wan ROTS
Leia(work in progress)

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 09:05:07 AM »
Good Job Machinimax! I'm happy to see that this finally came together for you. Great shade of golden yellow :D

@Darthvix: See how his wiring is "taut" on the board (next to no slack), and under the chassis disks, that is what you should be aiming for in your build.  ;)

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline Darthvix

• Master Force User
    • Darthvix Custom Sabers
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 09:15:52 AM »
yea, exactly what i fixed lol, not all bunched up, they are flat now lol not a mess. Machinimax has very good wiring skills. Again, great job!
Best,
Terry

Offline Link

• Formerly known as airframe31
  • Master Force User
  • Soundfont Artist & SIG Maker :)
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2012, 09:44:15 AM »
Great work bud !  So looking forward to the vid too !   Really glad to see this come to life !   :)   Great job

Link

Offline Master Valon

• Master Force User
  • "Love can ignite the stars."- Matthew Stover
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2012, 09:57:47 AM »
Very nice work! I never had the discipline to be able to finish even my smaller, Petite Crouton project. I can't imagine the mental fortitude to not rush anything, wait for all the components to arrive, and learn the process before assembling, especially on such a big, complex setup. I applause you, brother! Great job, and I'm sure you'll be enjoying this saber for years to come! :)
Though this is the end of the age of heroes, it has saved its best for last.

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 04:40:09 PM »
So happy to see this all together. You brought a great design to life. Can't wait for the video, and the debut of that sweet font!
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

retrousse