fiduciary

Author Topic: Just picked up my Luke saber  (Read 9857 times)

Offline Deathbylightsaber

• No Force
  • I want a Qui-Gon lightsaber! NOW!
Just picked up my Luke saber
« on: October 07, 2005, 02:41:49 PM »
I have to say I am a little disappointed. The hilt looks better in pictures then it does in person, the pummel(?) is plastic ( as are most of the details on the control box, but the plastic was expected.  What I am most disappointed with is the blade. With new batteries (energizer max) the led’s are noticeably distinguishable even leaving gaps in some spots much more so than my Vader esb. So much so that I am really not sure if my saber is defective or not. I will try to post a picture later but does anyone else have this problem. I know my batteries are not the best but the lighting is pretty uneven. I will go out and get some better batteries and see what happens. 
What I am happy with is the sound. I was prepared for the same sounds as the Anakin but the clarity in the Luke seems to be better. I am also questioning if the ideal hum is the same as the Anakin it seemed a little deeper when I turned them both on (could be batteries).
edit: I was wrong the pummel is not plastic.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 10:59:25 PM by Deathbylightsaber »

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
Re: Just picked up my Luke saber
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 02:46:30 PM »
I use in all my sabers the Duracell Ultra for digital devices, I think they work the best for the sabers, but that is just me, I still the black line but only faintly but I do see the same effect in the ESB Vader, I posted earlier that it might because you have to mix two colors to make red and green the blue doesnt do that cause its a primary color, but I could be wrong
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline Gaia12

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 04:52:39 PM »
I just picked up the Luke saber tonight at Borders.  I also have dark bands in mine and I used brand new batteries.  The saber is pretty bright and the sounds are good, but the bands do bother me some.  This saber uses six AA batteries, isn't that what the older models used? 

Offline darthvice

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 09:18:36 PM »
I think those bands are just like the anakin except it's more noticeable cause it's green. anyway i love the new luke and it dont bother me. bring on the maul.

Offline Fly Jedi

• No Force
  • This Weapon is Your Life...
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 12:17:41 AM »
I think those bands are just like the anakin except it's more noticeable cause it's green. anyway i love the new luke and it dont bother me.

You're correct.  The dark segments are similar to the Darth and the Anakin, but because of the inherent nature of how the human eye picks up the color green, the dark areas are more noticeable.

I picked my Luke ROTJ up tonight and am very happy with it.  VERY GREEN.

Here are a couple of pics:

In the dark, new batteries in both sabers.  New LED version at the top.  Notice the color and intensity difference?

Lights on.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 07:17:43 AM by FLY JEDI »
TK/TX-8383

"Sith Lords are our Speciality..."

Proud Member of The 501st Legion and The Rebel Legion

Offline The Abbot

• Master of the Jar'Kai Style
  • Master Force User
  • Lajedi.com ,Force-Fx.com Founder
    • http://www.Force-Fx.com
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 02:50:40 AM »
I think those bands are just like the anakin except it's more noticeable cause it's green. anyway i love the new luke and it dont bother me. bring on the maul.

You're correct.  The dark segments are similar to the Darth and the Anakin, but because of the inherent nature of how the human eye picks up the color green, the dark areas are more noticeable.

In the dark, new batteries in both sabers.  New LED version at the top.  Notice the color difference?

Lights on.

Yes indeed..Its just more noticabe because they are green...

About the sound ,when I turned both my Anakin and Luke Rotj I discovered that the sounds are not only louder in the new Luke,but they sound crisper to,like the audio is a hier bit 32,16 i don`t know.
The power up and power down sounds are REALLY loud and sound a little different from the Anakins.
Also what`s great about this lightsaber is the blade is a little longer then my Anakin and Vader..
True to the movie because the Lukes Rotj lightsaber in the film always looked huge,in fact im watching RTJ dvd now.
MR also did a great job of getting the true to the film green color..

Bottom line if you lucky enough to find a Luke,buy that Luke!!
The only drawback I see to the Green Luke Rotj is having to worry about waking up and finding out Mara Jade stold your lightsaber:)
LaserBlade:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/laserblade/id608879483?mt=8

The poster formerly known as Kit Fisto. Creator of the Force-FX sig style. Master of the 2 saber staff style way before Pong Krell

Offline PLO KOON

• formerly known as s3an_looi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Find me on Facebook
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2005, 09:36:49 AM »
Are the sounds scratchy and distorted like Anakin ROTS?

Offline Wat-Gav Martra

• Jedi Master
  • Master Force User
  • Formally known as Scottish Jedi
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2005, 08:00:04 PM »
Is it just the angle the LED ROTJ is sitting at in that second pic or are there slight cosmetic differences in the neck.
Luke ROTJ FX Lightsaber: £89.99
Star Wars OT Boxset: £29.99
Fighting for the Light Side: Priceless
(Borrowed(Stole) this idea from Dark Skywalker)

Offline Fly Jedi

• No Force
  • This Weapon is Your Life...
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2005, 11:39:30 PM »
Absolutely no difference between the two hilts.  The LED version even takes 6 batteries just like the EL version.
TK/TX-8383

"Sith Lords are our Speciality..."

Proud Member of The 501st Legion and The Rebel Legion

Offline saberlover

• Padawan Learner
  • "He told me enough! He told me YOU killed him!"
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2005, 10:43:30 AM »
I have to say I am a little disappointed. The hilt looks better in pictures then it does in person, the pummel(?) is plastic ( as are most of the details on the control box, but the plastic was expected.

-The Pommel is made of metal!
-Almost (if not all) of the entire hilt is also metal.
-Some of the control box details were plastic on the original prop!

The FX Luke ROTJ hilt is not as falshy as the Mace or Anakin... Its not meant to be.. The prop this FX  is based on is a prop from the original trilogy, when SW props looked more functional, a little "used", and not flashy.. As opposed to the prequal props which are all "razzle dazzled" out. ;)

« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 10:50:14 AM by saberlover »

Offline MasterHorn

• No Force
  • ( . Y . )
Just got my new luke ROTJ today...
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2005, 11:24:13 AM »
1 word.

Wow

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
Re: Just got my new luke ROTJ today...
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2005, 11:25:01 AM »
2 words wooo hooo
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline MasterHorn

• No Force
  • ( . Y . )
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2005, 11:27:13 AM »
God I cant put this thing down

CaptainAce

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2005, 02:40:30 PM »
yea its a gr8 saber ;D

Offline darkjedi1987

• No Force