fiduciary

Author Topic: The Flashgun Challenge - CONTEST THREAD  (Read 5196 times)

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
Re: The Flashgun Challenge - CONTEST THREAD
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2020, 12:55:35 PM »
I second that sentiment...was definitely great to put faces (or voices) to the FX handles. Thanks to Space for producing and to FJK for administering the challenge....and East for having the idea in the first place!

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2020, 01:28:51 PM »
Dang, man.  That was fun.  #GoodTimes. 

Thanks again, Mr. Spacxar, you're a good host. :afro:

Thank you my friend! I just thinking how much fun that was. Here's the link for the Youtube video for anyone that missed it live: THE FLASHGUN CHALLENGE Winner Revealed! It's the FX-Sabers LIVE Show! -

I second that sentiment...was definitely great to put faces (or voices) to the FX handles. Thanks to Space for producing and to FJK for administering the challenge....and East for having the idea in the first place!

Thanks Scott, that was a really fun show and great to get a crew together for the contest. Made some fun memories in a year when great experiences were a bit harder to come by

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2020, 01:49:01 PM »
Agreed. It was nice to put faces and voices to usernames. Thanks for having us.

Oh, and sorry if I sounded like a blithering idiot when I joined the stream, I was dealing with this annoying echo that was caused by me having the livestream open on youtube in a second tab.  :grin:

Better late than never.

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2020, 07:30:48 PM »
Agreed. It was nice to put faces and voices to usernames. Thanks for having us.

Oh, and sorry if I sounded like a blithering idiot when I joined the stream, I was dealing with this annoying echo that was caused by me having the livestream open on youtube in a second tab.  :grin:

No worries my friend it was wonderful to see you and also a total thrill to see your amazing 'almost entry.' I love the design and your execution is better than Apple computer.

FJK: Was great to meet you and talk to you like that even though we've been friends for a few years now, I've not talked to you live yet. That was a lot of fun you're an awesome dude.

Eastern: Same goes for you as we've been friends for even longer yet we've not had a conversation like that yet. It was a great fun.

Bombarta: I've had Bomb on earlier this year and last year and always love when Gary is on. Great conversation. So happy you told me about this competition it was exciting from the moment you told me about it.

Scott: Great to meet you after we've been talking on the forum for a while now. You're a great dude and I really love your saber setup/background display. Really feels like you're in a spaceship as well.

JBKuma: Thank you for stopping by, you're always doing something cool in the Mad Science Workshoppe

Iggy and JediSeth: We talked about your works even though you werent there. Both awesome entries thank you so much for taking part in the Flashgun Challenge. JediSeth's entry surprised us as many of us hadn't realized he entered! Everyone had such a unique take on this.

Harris: Thank you for being my partner in this! Harris had to take some abuse as we constantly had take apart the hilt we made and put it back together again several times to make things fit properly. It took two to make this one happen.

Funny thing was YODA called at the end of the broadcast, but I thought it was my dad or mom and hit the end button to call them back later, then ended the show and found out we missed YODA. Sorry YODA! Hopefully he will catch the show in the rerun. Yoda and I will do a show to make up for it later, probably beginning of November.

If ANY of you guys ever want to come back on and chat sabers,... even if there isn't a contest or a good reason, let's do it anyway! Lot's of fun to talk to a bunch of experts like you.

Offline Jediseth

• Force User
  • Jediseth sound fonts available at saberfont.com
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2020, 09:51:29 PM »
Canyon was yours truly. I decided to throw something together one weekend, I just happen to have a flash laying around. It was fun to enter and thanks again FJK for hosting the contest. Congratulations to the winners, excellent work!

Say Wha?!  Tricksey little memberses. :wink:  Great job, Seth, it was one of my votes.  Now that you're outed, I can see the tells, but without a tip that you're playing, I never would have guessed it was you.

P.s. is it Canon or Canyon?

I’m a tricky wabbit. I didn’t want to open my mouth about entering until the contest was over.  Thanks buddy! I loved seeing all the sabers. Such nice work all of them.
Opps Canon. Stupid progressive text.

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2020, 07:38:52 AM »
#FlashgunChallenge - Hands down, my favorite thing about 2020 so far.  More than my custom proton pack, more than Figuring out that Korben Dallas blaster...

#swbeerfridgechallenge came really close, but the live show edged it out. :cheesy:  I'd be absolutely tickled to join another Saber Talk. 

Offline Jediseth

• Force User
  • Jediseth sound fonts available at saberfont.com
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2020, 08:00:14 AM »
I listened while I was driving to Saber Talk yesterday. I was nice to see a few faces to the names.  I wanted to attend, but wasn’t able. Saber talks with Anthony are awesome. Sorry buddy I wasn’t on, it was a great show. You and Harris’s  saber was absolutely unique and amazing.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 08:08:11 AM by Jediseth »

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2020, 08:04:25 AM »
Over 100 views so far, maybe this will bring some new members and deactivate some who may have drifted away!

Offline Starwinder

• Master Force User
  • I don't like sand...
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2020, 06:47:40 AM »
I totally missed out on voting (darn honeymoon! :tongue: ), but congratulations to all the participants - I'm blown away by the creativity and quality of these entries considering the contest limitations!

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2020, 01:10:46 PM »
Thanks, man!  As long as you enjoyed the show, all are winners. :grin:

I mean, there aren't any trophies... but if there were, we'd all have one... :tongue:

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2020, 05:09:11 PM »
Official Desert Flex show off video - first one of these that I have done...I will evolve!

My Movie - YouTube

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2020, 06:38:30 PM »
"Stellar, Evil Ted!" :cool:

Thanks for the shout.  I added it to my video descriptions. :azn:

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2020, 06:47:26 PM »
Thanks Eastern...but don’t thank me, I think you and one or two other people who read this thread will see it :). And the other 3 subscribers to my channel who all reside under the same roof as I do :).   Wouldn’t have had the contest or my first (painful) show off without your initiative!

Offline Iggy

• Formerly known as Polarcupz
  • Master Force User
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2020, 07:42:35 PM »
Missed out on the live stream video. Sorry about that. Lots of stuff going on this past weekend. Been rearranging my house.

I’ll have to post a video about my saber at some point. I’ve been meaning to do a couple for a while now as I recently made a black and decker saber too.

To answer a couple questions that were brought up the Wetzlar saber does come apart with a twist in the middle. That was part of the flash’s original body and it came apart in the middle to access the batteries. I added structure internally to the front and back to retain the twist feature.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 07:44:59 PM by Iggy »

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2020, 02:06:47 AM »
Thanks Eastern...but don’t thank me, I think you and one or two other people who read this thread will see it :). And the other 3 subscribers to my channel who all reside under the same roof as I do :).   Wouldn’t have had the contest or my first (painful) show off without your initiative!

Post a show-off thread in the gallery.  That should get some more attention.  Plus, I wouldn't be the only one.

Missed out on the live stream video. Sorry about that. Lots of stuff going on this past weekend. Been rearranging my house.

I’ll have to post a video about my saber at some point. I’ve been meaning to do a couple for a while now as I recently made a black and decker saber too.

To answer a couple questions that were brought up the Wetzlar saber does come apart with a twist in the middle. That was part of the flash’s original body and it came apart in the middle to access the batteries. I added structure internally to the front and back to retain the twist feature.

About time you poked your head in, Iggnacious.  I voted for yours. :)

retrousse