fiduciary

Author Topic: Shop restructuring.  (Read 9526 times)

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
Shop restructuring.
« on: November 14, 2009, 04:30:44 PM »
Hello there.

Darth Tyranus has emerged from his hiatus with a fresh new outlook on things.  I took a lot of time to do a little soul searching, and to allow myself time to rethink a lot on how things should proceed from this point on. 

That being said, I realize that some of my previous posts on FX sabers have been a little less than stellar.  This was due to the fact that being under a lot of stress both saber related, and in real life (I am not going into detail here), took its toll on my mindset.

Everything became a blur, and before I knew what to say, it was already posted.  I basically disappeared for a while to take the time I needed to sort my life out, and allow myself to be able to perform here as I once did two years ago.  Being stressed out; I used this forum as on outlet to spew nonsensical crap.  Stress has a tendency to do that to a person.

Yes, I have outstanding orders.  Yes, I am taking care of those issues.  However this does mean that I am closing the shop at this time, and will basically be finishing all things that are currently backlogged.  After that, I will be taking a much different role around FX-Sabers, both as a member, and hopefully a member of the moderation team once again.

I literally talked to five different people on the phone today regarding FX-Sabers issues, and where to go with the next steps.  Those included were Jango Fett, Darth Raijlin, Kyp Durron, Poker Jedi, and Yoda.  Everyone seems to be on the same page now, and I am attempting to contact Ultra withing the next couple of weeks to get everything sorted out before I take my leave as a manufacturer, until such time as I see fit to start taking orders and selling publicly again.  I plan on focusing on sabers as a HOBBY for a while, and hopefully doing something that I actually enjoyed: being a moderator in this community.

To those that have PM'ed regarding their orders from outer rim; Thank you for keeping in touch, and allowing me to get things organized so I can get your items out to you in as timely a fashion.  You all have been very patient, and I would like to express my gratitude.

More updates to follow in the next few days.

~DT

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
Re: Shop restructuring.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 04:54:19 PM »
I would like to post this here if allowed DT.

You have been much missed by some of us in this community. You were, and still are to a point, a valued member. Your knowledge and guidance were always appreciated and in the time I knew you, you were typically very friendly and straightforward. This isn't to overlook the Overlord issues, which, as an outsider, I can understand. You took on too much, the economy plummeted, and you had health issues ect, etc. My family struggles in the same way so I can relate directly to that.

Please do come back and relax. The info lost when a sabersmith leaves is a great wound to our family. Knowledge is power, and without knowledge, this is no success.

- Caden
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 04:59:43 PM by Caden »

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 05:00:10 PM »
Posts are welcome here. ;)  That's why I posted this in the first place.  I wanted to keep everyone abreast of the situation so everyone is in the know.

A lot of stuff has happened that I would rather have not.  We cannot change the past, and can only work for a mutually beneficial future in this regard. 

Thank you Caden for your kind words. 

One thing that I do want to state here and now.  Constructive criticism is all fine and good.  However, let's keep it friendly and play nice okay?  We wouldn't want anyone to fall into a mess of gundarks...

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 05:32:38 PM »
I'm glad to see that sig back on the boards. ;) 8) I don't want to clog this thread with unrelated posts, but I have a question. i noticed on you profile, Raijlin's and then on Kyp's that it says a member of a lost 10. I know in SW this refers ot the ten masters who left the order.

What does it mean in relation to you guys? You left, but you returned as far as I can tell. ;) :D

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 05:33:26 PM »
Welcome back, DT. Glad to see you back here on the forums and getting back into the hobby. Hope things outside of here are going better for you and continue to do so.

PM incoming regarding an outstanding transaction.

Thanks
DG

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 05:36:32 PM »
Glad to see you remotivated, highly dedicated, rough tough, can't get enough...lean green and always mean....

er...um....  Sorry my Sith Brother from another Mother, fell back into our military jargon  :D

I look forward to what the future brings.   ;)

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 05:39:24 PM »
... A long time ago, I had a friend... we'll call her [girl].  We were very good friends, but that's all it was.  After some time thinking, I "decided" that it would be a good idea that we "up the ante", and take it to the relationship level.  Why not?  It was such a great, easy-going, no-maintenance friendship, and we already knew each other so well - it's the next natural step, right?  Not exactly. ;)

[Gril] agreed to go along with it and was kind enough to be my girlfriend for a while... but that's where the proverbial wagon hit the proverbial rock and started the proverbial trek downhill.  We fought more, we didn't know how to deal with each other emotionally... we used our past as the ruler to gauge how the current relationship was going... and it just doesn't work that way.  We expected too much, and at the same time, we didn't give enough to each other - all based on the expectations of what we both though we wanted.

It ended poorly and there were plenty of hurt feelings.  [Girl] and I didn't talk for a long time, and when we did, it was awkward, forced, and overly-deliberate......

Eventually [Girl] and I started talking again casually.  We were past the hurt feelings, and we could talk about the past easier and more detached.  But we both agreed that the idea of "stepping it up" was where it started.  It was a good idea - IN THEORY - and as natural as it seemed at the time, it still took a good solid proverbial kick in the junk to get us to realize that maybe it wasn't a good idea.  

The good part is we're still friends.  We didn't let the events of the past haunt us.  We learned from the heartache and stabbings that seemed to be the norm back then.  When all the smoke cleared, we fixed the proverbial wagon and stuck to the proverbial safe trails... and now... [girl] and I are good friends.  We can use the past as a bridge to connect us or as a tool to fix something in the present... and all is well.

I just though I'd share that with everyone... my senile old brain forgot my original point.... but hopefully you got something out of it... ;)

;)  

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 06:06:12 PM »
... A long time ago, I had a friend... we'll call her [girl].  We were very good friends, but that's all it was.  After some time thinking, I "decided" that it would be a good idea that we "up the ante", and take it to the relationship level.  Why not?  It was such a great, easy-going, no-maintenance friendship, and we already knew each other so well - it's the next natural step, right?  Not exactly. ;)

[Gril] agreed to go along with it and was kind enough to be my girlfriend for a while... but that's where the proverbial wagon hit the proverbial rock and started the proverbial trek downhill.  We fought more, we didn't know how to deal with each other emotionally... we used our past as the ruler to gauge how the current relationship was going... and it just doesn't work that way.  We expected too much, and at the same time, we didn't give enough to each other - all based on the expectations of what we both though we wanted.

It ended poorly and there were plenty of hurt feelings.  [Girl] and I didn't talk for a long time, and when we did, it was awkward, forced, and overly-deliberate......

Eventually [Girl] and I started talking again casually.  We were past the hurt feelings, and we could talk about the past easier and more detached.  But we both agreed that the idea of "stepping it up" was where it started.  It was a good idea - IN THEORY - and as natural as it seemed at the time, it still took a good solid proverbial kick in the junk to get us to realize that maybe it wasn't a good idea.  

The good part is we're still friends.  We didn't let the events of the past haunt us.  We learned from the heartache and stabbings that seemed to be the norm back then.  When all the smoke cleared, we fixed the proverbial wagon and stuck to the proverbial safe trails... and now... [girl] and I are good friends.  We can use the past as a bridge to connect us or as a tool to fix something in the present... and all is well.

I just though I'd share that with everyone... my senile old brain forgot my original point.... but hopefully you got something out of it... ;)

;)  

« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 06:27:18 PM by DARTH TYRANUS »

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 06:26:59 PM »
It's good to see you back and in good form, and I'm glad to see that the...difficulties...of the recent past hasn't soured you on this hobby entirely. I hope you can resolve any remaining outstanding issues ith ORA very quickly so the past can be put behind you and you can begin to enjoy yourself in it again ASAP, and once again be held in the esteem that many of us who remember your contributions to our community have held you.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 06:31:33 PM »
I'm glad to see that sig back on the boards. ;) 8) I don't want to clog this thread with unrelated posts, but I have a question. i noticed on you profile, Raijlin's and then on Kyp's that it says a member of a lost 10. I know in SW this refers ot the ten masters who left the order.

What does it mean in relation to you guys? You left, but you returned as far as I can tell. ;) :D

Well the Moderator thing is not set in stone at this time.  I merely expressed my interest to master Yoda today, in reclaiming my seat on the council.  However, that is for the council to decide.

The Lost 10 is referring to those of us that had stepped down from our seats in the order. 

I used my old Mod sig because I have no other Tyranus sigs at this time...

Offline Torinn Zoler

• Formerly known as Ben Skywalker
  • Master Force User
  • I ain't seen it all, but I've sure seen alot of it
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 07:37:22 PM »
I'm glad to see you back, DT. I've never really been the best at emotional statements, but I'll do my best. Several months ago, when I saw you were leaving, I was extremely sad. You were an incredible asset to the community here. I have followed the ORA issue for the past few weeks, and I have extreme sympathy for everyone involved in it. I'm happy to see you back to share your wisdom and......................stang! I'm no good at this! I'M JUST GLAD YOU'RE HERE AGAIN!!!!!!!

"Turning the whole world Luxeon-lit, one shattered lightbulb at a time."

Offline Forcestruck

• Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 08:55:28 PM »
Very glad to hear that you are doing better DT and it is great to see you back on the boards.

Offline Snake-Eyes

• Experienced Force User
  • Si vis pacem, para bellum
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 09:07:44 PM »
Many of us have watched/read the "situations"...  For me, it was troubling/sad.  But, in a way, that's a Good sign, though.  It Should be difficult to watch friends/family fight with each other.  How do you root for both sides of a fight?  You can't.  Which means, unless an awesome resolution appears, someone you care about will get hurt...

It's good to see that you're doing better.  I hope this marks the start of a good track for you, your family, and the road-to-healing with some of your customers.

When I first found this forum, you were one of the first experts/mods/saber-smiths who I learned from...  I remember thinking how cool a forum this was to have such fair and knowlegable folks quietly manning-the-helm.

Welcome Back.   ;)

Never under-estimate the Will and Ingenuity of the Oppressed...

Offline pickupman63080

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 09:55:08 PM »
Its really good to see you back DT, you have been missed. I and i'm sure many others will be looking forward to your sithy comments as well as the knowledge that you have to share with all of us.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 10:09:20 PM »
Thanks for the kind words everyone!  It's been a long a tumultuous road getting back to this point, and the journey is far from over.

I know that a lot has transpired here, and it is my mission to redeem those "situations" that unfortunately took hold.

If you haven't noticed yet, there is a new topic in the Outer Rim section regarding back orders.  I am making a list to ensure that I have all accuracy in what needs to be done to get these orders out of here, and into the hands of their rightful owners.

To those that have dealings with me, I encourage you all to communicate either in that topic after reading the protocol, or via email as outlined therein.  That way we can get everything worked out in a timely manner.

My Vacation did me a lot of good, and provided a new outlook.  Let's make the best of this and work to get everything ironed out.

Thanks again and it's good to be back home!

retrousse