fiduciary

Author Topic: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!  (Read 46177 times)

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
Re: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2009, 11:55:57 AM »
This entire situation makes me feel sad for DT and everyone involved.

We who are customers deserve what we've paid for.

Personally I'm waiting patiently for my Overlord w Ultrasound and 3 Imperial Knight pommels DT was to ship along with it.

Yes that may be 'toys' but it also represents almost 400 bucks which to someone poor as I am is not a trivial purchase.

I do believe they will come in time...I agree with Jango "While there are some problems going on, this is not the elaborate conspiracy scam" and think its very unfortunate for our shared hobby that comparisons have been made with other negative situations in the past...every person and situation is unique and I don't think we should equate this one with those...one thing I keep in mind is Ultra has stood up and said things WILL be taken care of...I trust Ultra unequivocally.

I still hope and pray for all the best for DT and his family.

I feel I should have compassion and that includes for their financial issues...but I also was raised to believe that personal financial difficulties, even as bad as described, are no excuse for not delivering on business commitments...personal is personal, business is business.

Health issues are different however...none of us can perform more than what our physical and mental health allows.

From what has been described on these forums DT has suffered a grave brain injury from a large lesion.

I'm not sure everyone understands that that is NOT the same as an ordinary "illness".

I have a friend who suffered a brain injury...before she was the kindest meekest most inoffensive person...afterwards she sometimes flies into violent uncontrollable rages through no fault of her own...her brain injury has changed her behaviour but she is still a good person...usually still her mild self...but she struggles daily with mental issues and the people around her have to be extra understanding.

I say that not to make 'excuses' for this situation but to point out that a brain injury is not like an infection "illness" that is fought off and the person gets back to 'normal' afterwards...it can leave long lasting personality changes...I hope DT recovers FULLY and SOON for his own and his family's sake...and I know that his injury does not make him a 'bad person'.

I have to have compassion for that...brain injury could happen to any of us, and we would have to hope people would be understanding towards us in such a situation...so what kind of a human being would I be if I wasn't understanding of his?

So I will wait patiently hoping DT can find a way to TCB and if he is disabled from doing so that others will step in, trusting it WILL be made right ultimately as Ultra says...and I will not let this dampen my enthusiasm for our hobby.

but it remains that we who are customers deserve what we've paid for.

And this entire situation makes me feel sad for DT and everyone involved.

To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
  • All things serve the Beam...
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2009, 08:42:36 PM »
My apologies, Jango. I did not for a moment mean to imply that the sabers themselves didn't exist, or that you or Ultrasabers in general were trying to pull an elaborate scam. If it sounded that way, I honestly apologize. I was only trying, in a semi-humorous way, to state that it seems like with the constant calls by people to just ship their unfinished sabers (and pay for shipping, in some cases), and the ongoing refusals, it seems like the sabers he had might have vanished. I'm sorry for the confusion, and any offense taken at my misguided attempt at humour.
Honor the man who falls by the sword,
But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2009, 06:13:00 PM »
To be clear. I am only going to finish the Overlord run and sort out the Bane list.
Possibly some E series repairs that DT has.

My main responsibility is to the Ultrasabers clients.

If he sends it or any other saber to me, I will contact the client and try to work something out.

The Overlords and Banes take priority.

Guys, you are going to have to give me a break here.
I'm getting so many PM's about sabers and parts that DT has, that my own client builds are starting to get bogged down.
I finished ONE repair today and packed some orders up. Normally, Saturdays are a 3 sabers a day for me. The rest of my time was spent answering PMs and emails. There are PMs still unanswered in my inbox.

To repeat myself.

If he sends it or any other saber to me, I will contact the client and try to work something out.

I will NOT call/email him for your build. Period.
If this sounds harsh or Out of line to you, I apologize.

I don't know what he is sending or if he is sending me anything.
I'm in FL. He's in Indiana.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Darth Akira

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2009, 04:19:02 PM »
nevermind i didnt realize people posted on this before i did in the last few days, hopefully jango can sort this out and ultra can lend a hand

derek, i still like you, hope you get your stuff together and things go right for you eventually, i myself am having financial issues like losing my job a month ago, close to losing my car and home, and my family is out of my life now so im all alone

hopefully i can get some sort of happiness from having my overlord which i have been waiting for, yeah it sounds lame but i fell in love with this thing when i saw it up close at my friends place (he is the one who designed it and had todd help him make it a reality a few years ago)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 05:39:24 PM by Darth Akira »

Offline DerFrownmacher

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2009, 11:30:51 PM »
I would like to second Onli-Won's sentiment. A lot of people are under a lot of stress here. Let's keep things smooth so that some actual useful communication can get through and everything can get worked out.

If there's anything we the customers can do to better facilitate the process I would ask the sabersmiths to tell us.

Otherwise, as a fellow Overlord to-be-owner, I would advise we hold back on the communications barrage. It will only delay things further.

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
  • "I will consume your soul before this day is done"
« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2009, 05:53:39 AM »
^^No. There has been no communication except excuses and name calling. That's the problem. I don't even care about the saber, it's the principle of the matter now. "I'll get it done when I get it done" business mentality is not a good one. Glad my mechanic doesn't think along the same lines. :-\

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2009, 08:55:56 PM »
actually, there has been other communication. On more than one occasion, in this very thread, we have been told that these have started to ship. That they were getting done and going out. I've still yet to hear anyone come online and say they received theirs. We have very little communication, and what communication we DO have seems to be less than accurate. So "useful" communication has yet to happen. Until I hear that someone has received theirs, or that Jango or Ultra has received the sabers and will do the builds themselves, there isn't a whole lot of communication I'll have faith in...

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2009, 07:34:46 AM »
I have just finished removing post(s) from people who have no dealings with the OverLord run, even though it has been asked that this not hapen.

This topic will be re-opened.

However, for the sake of all parties involved, as well as for the situation itself, please refrain from posting unless you are directly involved with the issue at hand. Those with no knowledge of the stated situation have no business of commenting on either party.

Lets do our best to keep things civil.

Here is the link for Master Dyas' post as well:
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=17776.msg286512#msg286512

Now, .....I'm sure all 3000+ members would love to express their rant in a 7 paragraph post and offer their support and opinions. This thread is not for that. It is for informational purposes and a form of contact for the Customers who have yet to receive their PURCHASED items.

Do NOT post in THIS thread if you have no dealings with the Overlord run, OverLord Hilt, soundboards, etc, etc.
Tensions are high, stress is high, please respect the people waiting on their merchandise and not clutter up this topic.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 07:45:52 AM by CHEWBACCA »

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2009, 10:16:18 PM »
Thanks Chewbacca. It's always good to know we're being monitored by Komodo Dragons. lol

Did I just see a tumbleweed blow through this thread?

Offline Darth Akira

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2009, 09:15:49 PM »
so do we know whats going on yet? is derek working on this or is jango or ultra?

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2009, 09:42:33 PM »
I think we're just trying to be patient. At this point, I haven't heard that either Jango or Ultra has taken ownership of the sabers, so I'm guessing they are still with Derek. I'd love some confirmation of that, if Derek or Ultra tune in to this thread any time in the near future.

To be honest, I'm about to write off the whole thing. If Derek has them, and won't send them to us unassembled, or to Ultra or Jango for completion, we're just out of luck. Unless someone is planning to physically go visit Derek, which is unlikely, and if there's no movement on his end, I don't see anything that can be done. I don't mind the wait (well, I do sort of mind the wait being this long), but it is the silence that's the death knell in my opinion. No one is saying anything, which means we're probably at a stalemate. No winners on either side. To quote Morrissey "When you say it's gonna happen "now", well, when exactly do you mean? See, i've already waited too long, and all my hope is gone" My hope isn't completely gone just yet, but it's darn close.

Well, the idea was fun, at least.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 04:40:30 AM by LUKE SKYWALKER »

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
  • "I will consume your soul before this day is done"
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2009, 08:45:08 AM »
Well I was gonna write my saber off as a loss, just so I could get my unfinished business with a few other members sorted and done. I'm going to try more of a TCSS approach to my saber hobby, as in, do-it-yourself. However, seeing that the US upgrade boards are part of some business deals and those will be delayed for another half year, I guess waiting is all there is to do. But, I'm sure not gonna do it quietly anymore.

So, Derek what's the status?

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2009, 09:37:41 AM »
I think asking Derek for an update is pointless at this juncture. I think he's done answering, and frankly, I don't think we'll ever see these sabers. How many times have we heard they were shipping? How many have been told theirs was actually shipped already? How many times do we need to hear contradicting stories before we finally realize that none of them were true? I think these sabers are gone? And I think Derek is done with the entire community, so I wouldn't hold your breath for an update there.

My main issue is the lack of communication from Ultra. It's great that Jango is stepping in and trying to keep things calm, but I'd think the owner of the business would take a little more interest in the situation. Communicate more with those of us feeling like we're left out in the cold on this. If it were my business, this would be priority one. This many people, feeling screwed by what is ultimately his company. Yeah, I'd be posting and communicating daily. I'd be flying out to physically take the sabers back, if they still exist. The silence on all fronts makes me conclude two things: the sabers are gone, and no one cares. That might not be the case, but it's how it feels on this side of the fence.

How many of us are there waiting for these sabers? Anyone care to chime in, so we can have a list going? I know I have two I'm waiting for..

Offline hullbreach

• Master Force User
  • Too dangerous to be kept alive
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2009, 10:17:41 AM »
As Ultra came out and gave us a strong assurance on June 30, I'm taking that at face value and giving him two solid months from that time -- until August 30 -- to issue a *definitive* stated resolution: Either A) I'm making new OLs for you guys, to be delivered on such a date, or B) Really sorry guys, I tried to recoup this stolen product but it's not looking good, so at this point I gotta give you a full refund and I'll try to make it up to you some other way b/c you're all valued customers and I stand by my business etc etc etc. As I think Ultra was as screwed as we were -- actually more so, when you think about it; Ultra gave the guy a job and this is how he's been repaid -- I don't have a problem with giving him that 2 month leeway to sort this junk out. But if it gets into September and we're all still just spinning our wheels in this tired thread, I'll be insisting on a full refund, which is the last thing that I want but I'm not about to take a loss on this -- as I know none of you guys are -- and I think that's well understood by all parties.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 10:21:35 AM by hullbreach »

Offline Orakaa

• Master Force User
  • I'll send you in hades... with a taste of paradise
    • Orakaa - photography and computer graphics
« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2009, 10:52:56 AM »
I've been screwed on the "Machinedefect Starkiller" and lost my money for good... and believe me if I ever go in the US in the next few years, I'll definitely go pay this guy a visit he'll remeber for a long time... but this is a different story

Indeed, this IS a different story. Derek/Darth Tyrannus obviously had issues, and didn't handle them as he should/could have... but he's been there as a trusted and valued member/moderator, etc. for a LONG time... And ULTRA's behind, watching this case.
I'm not saying I'm not deeply annoyed by what's going on nor that Derek hasn't screwed things up on this... but I accept the fact that, whatever happend and due to the geographical distance between Derek and Ultra/jango, etc. this problem couldn't get a clear answer in a matter of a couple of weeks

On my part, I wait for an update by ULTRA (or Jango, or whoever), to see how things turn out, and as I still trust Ultrasabers, I have faith in a real solution to get our sabers.

Orakaa - photographer, photoshop expert and graphic designer

retrousse