fiduciary

Author Topic: Official Force Fx troubleshooting FAQS  (Read 103293 times)

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
  • I like my lightsabers too bright, too loud!
Re: Official Force Fx troubleshooting FAQS
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 11:19:55 AM »
Thanks for replyin!

Batteries are new set as I had bad experiences using old and new batteries on RC stuff. ;D

I can feel the battery pack moving but very minute...

However, I suspect its the speaker.

In this case, I can pop into a good electronic shop and get a replacement?

B

Offline sparow_876

• No Force
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2007, 08:33:35 PM »
I just got a Luke ANH, and was wondering when I swing it around, there is a creaking noise. Is, this normal or is it just the one that I got?

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2007, 08:44:33 PM »
Welcome to the board and yes it is normal.  It's because the blade holder is weak from what members have said in their reviews.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2007, 06:17:24 AM »
Not so much as weak, but the way it is designed with the cut out section for the blade to shine through the area beteen the Faux"bulb retention" clamp and the hilt body, allows an extra point for the blade to rub.  Thus, creating the creaking noise.

The Anakin ROTS develops a creak after a while too. I believe it is due to the blade holder having so little material holding it in place on the saber.

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
  • I like my lightsabers too bright, too loud!
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2007, 12:06:34 AM »
Holy schnikeys! All FX blades creaks after a while? Since I got my fave Obiwan. I have let it be a 'hangar queen' since. Taking it out for switching on and off few times, swing it around and let it stand behind my tv set with the plastic cover on.

My ANH Luke's blade have slanted on one side quite badly for reasons unknown. I hope someone will make a metal replcaements for the chrome plastic thingy. Maybe that will solve the creaking problem?

B

Offline Sithblade

• No Force
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 12:23:11 PM »
Try new batteries. Never mix old and new ones. Also try pressing your finger against the battery pack and swing it around and see if it gets better. If it does then the battery pack is slightly lose in the hilt. IF not then your speaker is shot. It has been known to happen.

This sounds like the problem I have with my Yoda - it's done it from outta the box and I've tried various types of batteries.

If the speaker is goosed is there any way I can fix it?

Offline d@Rkj3d!

• No Force
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 04:18:17 PM »
ello all im new 2 the forum and this is my 1st post  ;D

ive had my new force fx +darth vader+ saber for about a week,i know the sabers true color is suposed 2 be red,idk maybe its just me but my saber looks like its orange,a bright orange

any info u can give or tips on this?

thx
@xx3l

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 04:46:13 PM »
Um, Hi! Welcome to the forums!

Might I politely ask that posting in red be something used sparingly? It's a little hard to read on the grey background. ;)

The Stock blades on the FX's can have a bit paler color to them from time to time. Have you tried installing fresh batteries in the hilt?

I would recommend a set of Duracell Ultra Digitals, or Energizer Titaniums in it. Sometimes weak batteries can make the saber appear a different color tha normal.

It could also be how your eyes perceive the red spectrum, everyone is a little different in how their eves pick up certain colors, so it may just be how you perceive red light.

Make sure to check the forum rules and regulations topics, read and sign.

Thanks.

Offline The One

• No Force
  • There is no future, only my destiny
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2008, 05:05:27 AM »
Does anyone know of or have a replacement on off switch for the Mace Windu saber?  I received mine with the middle brass piece tarnished, and it looks to have a fingerprint on it.  Thanks.
I think the end is implicit in the beginning.  If that is'nt there you don't know what your working towards.  Eudora Welty

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 11:51:58 AM »
Actually, you can re-paint the gold parts on the switch for the mace.

Vosk, one of our upstanding members here has actually done this.  I will see if I can find the topic and provide a link.  His results look great.

*EDIT*

I found the links, but the pics are missing

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=8985.0
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 12:00:20 PM by DARTH TYRANUS »

Offline The One

• No Force
  • There is no future, only my destiny
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 01:33:09 PM »
Thanks for your help.  I got a good idea on how to start it.
I think the end is implicit in the beginning.  If that is'nt there you don't know what your working towards.  Eudora Welty

Offline matts5150

• No Force
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2008, 06:26:50 PM »
Please Help!! My MR Luke Saber just stopped working today. I went to turn it on and I only got the lights but no sound. Then a few hours later after trying again this time nothing worked. I tried a couple of sets of new battery's but still nothing. I hardly ever use it and I take very good care of it. Anyone have any thoughts as to what the fix or problem might be? Is there a way to fix this? Does MR have a flat rate fix for these? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
-Matt[/color]

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2008, 07:30:44 PM »
Please Help!! My MR Luke Saber just stopped working today. I went to turn it on and I only got the lights but no sound. Then a few hours later after trying again this time nothing worked. I tried a couple of sets of new battery's but still nothing. I hardly ever use it and I take very good care of it. Anyone have any thoughts as to what the fix or problem might be? Is there a way to fix this? Does MR have a flat rate fix for these? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
-Matt[/color]

Hey Matt.  Which MR Luke are you referring to (Luke ANH, Luke ESB, Luke ROTJ)?

Offline matts5150

• No Force
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 03:13:40 AM »
Sorry, I have a MR Luke ESB Saber

Thanks!!
Matt

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 09:55:42 AM »
This question is also being handled in another topic...

retrousse