fiduciary

Author Topic: Telum Infensus II  (Read 13847 times)

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Telum Infensus II
« on: March 10, 2008, 12:05:44 PM »
My latest one for a customer. Probably the last for this year, at least until we find a house where I can put my bench and lathe.
Like it's written at the back of the pic :
- cyan lux III overdriven @1.5A by a crystal focus 3.0
- custom bargraph and progressive power on indicator in between the 2 buttons
- rumbling motor
- activator is the top switch, aux button the lowest
- all custom machined out of airgrade aluminium and polished
- variation of my Telum Infensus
- Jedi Journey kit including a spare kill plug and a power level indicator unit as a keychain. A force crystal should join the keychain ring very soon

« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 09:49:57 AM by erv »

Offline Bin Adam

• Master Force User
  • Muslim Knights: Fighting the Terror Within
    • For Those Who Reflect
Re: Telum Infensus II
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 12:21:15 PM »
Peace be upon all,

I love the slim and sleek form factor and that keychain accessory is an awesome addition!  :o
Great job as usual, thanks for sharing

-Bin Adam
The battle outside, starts inside.
"Don't desire to meet your enemy, but if you do be steadfast."

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 01:09:49 PM »
It's a beauty Erv :)

Now, one question for you, if you don't mind? Where can I find that "Jedi Journeyman" kit? I remember you mentioning something like that to me...but you didn't go into great detail. I'll probably need one of those since my saber won't have any kind of indicators...unless Technous is devious in its construction :P There will be a recharge port like the saber you've generously posted here for all to see.

Thank you for sharing btw ;) And Thanks!

LS
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 01:59:04 PM »
That's one fine saber there Erv......Really love your stuff man.......

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 02:10:30 PM »

That desrves amuch larger image to see the detail,  so I made it "clicky"...very sharp saber Erv!  Good luck on the house humt!

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 02:41:19 PM »

Now, one question for you, if you don't mind? Where can I find that "Jedi Journeyman" kit? I remember you mentioning something like that to me...but you didn't go into great detail.

thanks for the clicky picture ! (I'm usually right clicking + display pic to get the same result)

LS: the "journeyman kit" is just a custom thing I made. The PLI is my battery level indicator, I just put SMD leds and a male charging plug, then covered it with heatshrinking tube. The spare kill plug is mounted on a little piece of aluminium I machined, just like the kill plug itself. The keychain stuff comes from old laser pointers I bought a few years ago for an artistic work in my day job.

If you have a recharge port wired to be also a general power switch with a kill plug, then you can get the same result very easily ! (more by email if needed)
Erv'

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 03:18:45 PM »
Simply stunning Erv. Reminds me of the sleek appearance of Madcow's personal saber...the name escapes me.

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline hullbreach

• Master Force User
  • Too dangerous to be kept alive
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 03:23:23 PM »
Simply stunning Erv.

Well put. It is simply stunning.

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 03:52:34 PM »
NICE. Is that something like Kit Fisto's?

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 06:08:13 PM »

Now, one question for you, if you don't mind? Where can I find that "Jedi Journeyman" kit? I remember you mentioning something like that to me...but you didn't go into great detail.

thanks for the clicky picture ! (I'm usually right clicking + display pic to get the same result)

LS: the "journeyman kit" is just a custom thing I made. The PLI is my battery level indicator, I just put SMD leds and a male charging plug, then covered it with heatshrinking tube. The spare kill plug is mounted on a little piece of aluminium I machined, just like the kill plug itself. The keychain stuff comes from old laser pointers I bought a few years ago for an artistic work in my day job.

If you have a recharge port wired to be also a general power switch with a kill plug, then you can get the same result very easily ! (more by email if needed)
Erv'

Thank you Erv :) I'd certainly like a bit more detail about the kit. I'll email ya. I am not quite sure if the recharge port is to be the general power switch. If you mean the "on/off" switch or button, then no since I'm going to have an on/off button near the emmiter. But of course, Darth Technous might do something different...

Thanks again for the info!

LS
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

Grayven "Original"

Offline Cristar Attevan

• Experienced Force User
  • Virtus et decus.
    • Yannus Furzon Saberworks
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 07:16:25 PM »
     Looking absolutely great, Erv!   :o

Hey-- question about those buttons: Are they of your own design, or did you purchase them?  I love the fact that they're recessed like that... very nice indeed!

Offline H@rry89

• Experienced Force User
  • Who's More Foolish...
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 08:08:57 PM »
Simply stunning Erv. Reminds me of the sleek appearance of Madcow's personal saber...the name escapes me.

I Belive that it was called Fulcrum

That is an awesome saber Erv i love the style of it and the bar graph is the icing on the cake :P

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 01:06:28 AM »
so, in the right order (I hope so) :
- LS : the recharge port can be (well, has to be) wired as a kill switch like in my tutorial, I'll exchange with do-clo about that if he does know what I'm taling about. The board is always eating a tiny bit of current and it you put it on the shelf for a month, battery will be emptied. In the recharge port, you have a little reed that is connected to the ground pin of the battery. It cuts the contact with the battery when you insert a male plug, ie when you insert the charger plug, the electronic is disconnected and protected during the charge, and if you insert a "fake" make plug, that I call in french a "safety key", kill plug in english, it cuts the power.
When you insert a real male plug and put a voltmeter to the soldering pins, you measure the battery voltage while the board is disconnected. Wiring then the PLI here turn the thing into a portable minibargraph voltmeter. I've setup the PLI the usual way, since mine is configurable to monitor any voltage range between 9 and 3.3V. For the 2 li ion cells, it goes from 8.4V (batt fully charged) to about 5.5 v when the internal PCB of the batt pack is about to cut.

- buttons : I buy them. No real secret, reset button for PDA, ultra flat, smd, waterproof

- telum it has nothing to see with the sith saber I made for kit fisto. Telum Infensus is the saber I made specially for celebration europe in last july, and it's the saber I now carry with me, you can see it in my gallery.

- you're right fulcrum is a saber made by MadCow, a great sabersmith !!! and some inspiration for me sometimes !!!

- telum infensus is latin (even it's "greek to you"  ;D) . Telum = thin weapon like a javelin or a spear but also mean beam of light, generic term for "weapon of light", infensus means ready to strike, or "dangerous", by analogy.

Erv'

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 02:04:08 AM »
Thanks Erv for the techy explanation ;) I think a kill plug would be prudent...or just take the batteries out. I'll have to email you about the power indicator gadget, etc. I'm gonna need on of those.

And to stay on topic... Erv, your a multi talented dud ;) You build sabers and the goodies that go into them! You're certainly one of a kind in this case!

LS

Grayven "Original"

Offline Jedibum

• WOLF IN SHEEPS CLOTHING
  • Force User
    • Hyperdyne Labs
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 12:41:46 PM »
Very cool saber Erv!  And the PLI/keychain is a great addition, very inventive.

Cristar Attevan - You asked about the buttons Erv used on this saber ... I just found some similar momentary buttons at my local Radio Shack.  It was a surprise to me because usually they don't have a good selection of momentary buttons ... but I think these are new.  here are a couple of pics:

From Erv's pics they look like they are a similar size.  I think they are now listed on the Radio Shack website.  You can order them from there or you can check to see if they have them in stock at your local Radio Shack.
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

retrousse