fiduciary

Author Topic: Gemini Concepts Presents: Scorpion's Flawless Victory! Our first saber of 2010  (Read 13708 times)

Offline wookieecrisp

• Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee Win!
Oh my god, that is called true dremel-fu! That saber does not deserve an MR soundboard!

Offline Wolfen

• Master Force User
This would rock if it had the CF in it to toggle a "Get Over Here" sound effect.  hehe...   ;D

Thats just what I was thinking! Now we need to see a Sub-Zero and a Reptile to complete the trilogy.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
Heck, throw in Smoke while you're at it.  :)

Offline The Rebel

• Formerly known as Kyuubi
  • Master Force User
  • Rebel by nature, comedian by choice.
I've been dying to see some MK inspired sabers. The Scorpion saber definitely doesn't disappoint! It just needs a cord attached to the end so it can be thrown like his spear.  ;D

I would love to see a Sub-Zero saber in comparison, since they seem to overshadow the whole franchise.

Offline ARKM

• Master Force User
Very cool overlay work.

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
I was suprised that with that level of detail that the saber didn't have a better board, Definetly a piece of art.

I can' t wait to see what other design pieces you come up with, that are attached to a theme.  Mortalk Combat is awesome but I hope you branch out with your themes.  I wonder what an iron man saber might look like...hint hint...

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
I was suprised that with that level of detail that the saber didn't have a better board, Definetly a piece of art.

It was slated for a CF orginally.  But there are some imperfections in the cuts & PCing that "disqualified" it for what we considered "CF Worthy".   ;)

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
Dang, I wonder what you WOULD consider CF worthy!

You know, I'm a big fan of WASP from the Avengers...  (goes off to ponder the possibilities and consult with her checkbook)

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
I'm in awe, what a way to start of 2010-quite a bang.

Before I even saw the bladed pics I thought a yellow colour would go well.

I get the YellowJacket reference, both Marvel and insect.

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
    • Durangus Designs on IRA
.... now THAT'S how you start off a new year!

MAN, MJ, that Dremel work is incredible :o :o... The entire concept is well-done and well-achieved, the colors, shine, LED, everything...

Welcome to 2010, Gentlemen ;D.

-Graphic Designer (See Bottom Link)-

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline Darth_Baleful

• Master Force User
Holy sith!! what a way to bring in the new year! I dare say that you have out done yourself on that shroud Casey!  Amazing job you guys! 

MTFBWY 
Praise be the order brought forth from the very edge of chaos.

There is only one return. And it's not of the King, it's of the JEDI

Offline djobitwan7

• Master Force User
This Scorpion saber rocks! Why stop at the Sub-zero and Reptile? Keep it going with all the characters. Raiden would be cool too. I imagine lightning cannot be that hard. Excellent job Chewie, I may have to think of a theme character and let you have creative thoughts towards it.

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
Thanks y'all. We appreciate the compliments.

While we do have other themed sabers in the works, none are of any further Mortal Kombat Characters. This one just happened to be one of our personal favorites in the games.

Stick around, we'll have more coming up later in the month.

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
So, um... how many years did you work on that overlay? ;D ;D

Looks pretty cool guys. i've never played Mortal Kombat, but that saber is just cool no the less. Is it at all practical to spin? :D

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
So, um... how many years did you work on that overlay? ;D ;D

Actually, Caden... it didn't take long to cut it.  The thing that took the longest was the inital design (which took a few days as I "played" with it) and then tranfering that onto graph paper.  Just because you can "draw" it in MSPaint... doesn't always mean it will "flow" that way on paper & later on, on the sinktube.

Making sure the two shrouds would line up the way I wanted them two was pretty crucial.  Here's some pics of that...

First, the original render;

Since it was slated for a CF, there were going to be "blinkies".  But again, due to a few screw ups on the shroud & with the PC, we didn't think this saber should have a CF. 

Here's the render on graph paper at a 1:1 ratio.  This was used as the template to cut the shroud.  It was all hand drawn at that point.

Why stop at the Sub-zero and Reptile? Keep it going with all the characters.

No problem (as long as you're funding the project)  ;D  Thanks, though.

what a way to bring in the new year! I dare say that you have out done yourself on that shroud Casey!  Amazing job you guys!  
.... now THAT'S how you start off a new year!

MAN, MJ, that Dremel work is incredible :o :o... The entire concept is well-done and well-achieved, the colors, shine, LED, everything...

Welcome to 2010, Gentlemen ;D.

Thanks, guys!   ;)

« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 07:20:27 PM by Master Jedye »

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

retrousse