fiduciary

Author Topic: Darth_Call's Saber - The Heritage  (Read 12080 times)

Offline Jedi Knight Logan

• MASTER OF THE HURRICANE FLURRY
  • Master Force User
  • "Have lightsaber, will travel....."
Re: Darth_Call's Saber - The Heritage
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 09:44:40 PM »
Very nice indeed DC! :)

"A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack..."

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2009, 10:04:43 PM »
So when are you going Global, Lord Call? ;D

Man, that is a gem. I wish Funds were on my side. But maybe one day.

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2009, 10:11:23 PM »
So when are you going Global, Lord Call? ;D

Man, that is a gem. I wish Funds were on my side. But maybe one day.
I beleive he's got a saber on the way to the Indonesia...
But then again, anything leaving southern Mississippi is like it's going out of country. 
As our mail lady says, "Ya'll gots another one of dem thar lazor swords?"  She's fun.

Again...I haven't seen this saber yet in person but I'm pretty sure the "awe" factor will be at it's usual decible.  Nice, DC

« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 10:15:44 PM by Master Jedye »

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2009, 10:19:03 PM »
Thank you

I've shipped to Indonsia, ....does that count, Master Ramaditya's saber is still in customs over there. We have yet to have a saber of ours in Canada, ....hmmmm

When u are ready Capt. Solo, ..let me know!

Offline Lord Dracus

• Master Force User
  • "The force is mine to command."
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2009, 10:30:27 PM »
Wow !!! :o That is a sweet lightsaber !!! ;D

Offline Darth_Baleful

• Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2009, 10:38:29 PM »
wow DC thats one smooth lookin saber. very nice "flow" to it  ;)

that would look wicked with any color of blade.. i prefer red myself. but that cyan looks pretty sweet too

those ultra edge blades look awesome as well!! man i want one now lol

MTFBWY

Thanks, .....I'm taking it tonight and installing that LuxV green LED, ....this green P4 IS looking more and more like Cyan now that it is mentioned. I was going for green, not Cyan.

And yeah, ...these UltraEdge blades are great, ..pick one up for your Vader Project!!

ya ill deffinatly have to pick one up.. probably for my MHS though. they are a 1" OD right?

how thick are the walls on them?   1-10 for heavy-ness? lol    id think they would be thin. just cause the light comes all the way the edges.

As our mail lady says, "Ya'll gots another one of dem thar lazor swords?"  She's fun.

haha thanks for the laugh MJ
Praise be the order brought forth from the very edge of chaos.

There is only one return. And it's not of the King, it's of the JEDI

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2009, 10:41:36 PM »

ya ill deffinatly have to pick one up.. probably for my MHS though. they are a 1" OD right?

how thick are the walls on them?   1-10 for heavy-ness? lol    id think they would be thin. just cause the light comes all the way the edges.

They are about the same thickness as a mid grade blade from Ultrasabers. They will most likely have to have the first 2" sanded slightly to fit the MHS adapter, .....mine did anyway.

Or you can hone out your blade holder, ....but sanding the blade is easier with the tools normally at hand.

Offline Darth_Baleful

• Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2009, 10:47:40 PM »

how thick are the walls on them?   1-10 for heavy-ness? lol    id think they would be thin. just cause the light comes all the way the edges.

They are about the same thickness as a mid grade blade from Ultrasabers. They will most likely have to have the first 2" sanded slightly to fit the MHS adapter, .....mine did anyway.

Or you can hone out your blade holder, ....but sanding the blade is easier with the tools normally at hand.

ya i had to do that to my apprentice blade for it to fit. i would have thought they would just make all the ultra blades the same OD  :P

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2009, 10:53:22 PM »
Thank you

I've shipped to Indonsia, ....does that count, Master Ramaditya's saber is still in customs over there. We have yet to have a saber of ours in Canada, ....hmmmm

When u are ready Capt. Solo, ..let me know!

Well, to let you know, from what many sellers say about shipping to Canada, it's like entering a Military Zone for some reason. Canadian Border Security Agency is so tight about what comes into Canada and it takes forever. (Mark Gift! :D, the still charge yeah, but less ::)) Ben sent me something that two weeks to get here.......SHIZA! I have to thank him! :o!

Summer is a time where I may be able to. Will see when I get back to work in the next few weeks.

But I really like how you collaged this saber. Especially that light gold colour

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2009, 11:01:55 PM »
ya i had to do that to my apprentice blade for it to fit. i would have thought they would just make all the ultra blades the same OD  :P

I believe it is because TCSS and Ultrasabers orders their poly blade stock from different suppliers. ID is usually exact and guaranteed by the manufacturer of the stock, ..the OD is not. I think.  It kinda plays part in that the manufacturer is not really making saber blades as an intended purpose of the stock. It's original applications is probably something where the ID is critical to its operating purposes.
Or they just like toying with us, ...I don't know.

Offline Jedi Knight Logan

• MASTER OF THE HURRICANE FLURRY
  • Master Force User
  • "Have lightsaber, will travel....."
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2009, 11:06:18 PM »
Hey DC, the review on the Paladin is in the works... and I think there will be a request for another build if you can fit me into your busy schedule. :)

"A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack..."

Offline Darth_Baleful

• Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2009, 11:09:54 PM »

I believe it is because TCSS and Ultrasabers orders their poly blade stock from different suppliers. ID is usually exact and guaranteed by the manufacturer of the stock, ..the OD is not. I think.  It kinda plays part in that the manufacturer is not really making saber blades as an intended purpose of the stock. It's original applications is probably something where the ID is critical to its operating purposes.
Or they just like toying with us, ...I don't know.

ya they're just screwin with us i bet lol

ya that does make sense.

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2009, 11:16:35 PM »
Hey DC, the review on the Paladin is in the works... and I think there will be a request for another build if you can fit me into your busy schedule. :)

Awesome to hear, ....I hope it is finding it's purpose with you, and you with it.  My schedule is a lot lighter than it appears, ....will be ready for your next one when you are.

As you can see by this one, ..there were a few things I liked about the Paladin's design, ...and a few things I learned to improve on in those designs.

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2009, 12:30:07 AM »
OK D_C,  I think I'm done being patient.  I paid off Christmas, and haven't even looked at a new pair of shoes.  Time for me to buy something!

MY TURN!!! er, I mean at your convenience. 

I can hardly wait to see the creation that you and your boys come up with.

And obviously as soon as your other customers are finished...  I seem to be having the same idea as some other of our esteemed company!  So, please PM me, put me on your list, or whatever is needed to enlist your services!

;D

« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 12:58:51 AM by Je-Rel Drood »

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2009, 03:20:36 AM »
OK D_C,  I think I'm done being patient.  I paid off Christmas, and haven't even looked at a new pair of shoes.  Time for me to buy something!

MY TURN!!! er, I mean at your convenience. 

I can hardly wait to see the creation that you and your boys come up with.

And obviously as soon as your other customers are finished...  I seem to be having the same idea as some other of our esteemed company!  So, please PM me, put me on your list, or whatever is needed to enlist your services!

;D

Your parts have been ordered and Master Jedye is warming up the dremel! We'll continue this adventure in a new thread.   ;)

:o :o

retrousse