fiduciary

Author Topic: MasterKris' custom saber, The Dark Calling  (Read 9204 times)

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
Re: MasterKris' custom saber, The Dark Calling
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 10:33:59 AM »
Thanks guys for the kind words,

It has shipped out as of this morning, 11/21/08. 

MasterKris will update up us on arrival, and the much requested pics of him and his saber!!

It was a fun build, Masterkris gave me alot of room to experiment and was a very patient person throughout this process. I hope you enjoy the saber, I hope it is exactly what u want once u see it, and feel it in person.

Offline MasterKris

• Force User
  • "An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age."
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 10:40:07 AM »
cant wait to get it!!!! im taking it with my over my thanksgiving break next week. Ill plenty of time to take day and night pics of the saber and might even post a video!!! thanks again DC. Your saber skills are greatly improving and will be def. doing business again in the future!!!

"The Dark Calling™ design,name and color is owned by Dusty Callais. The only Dark Calling™ made is owned by Kris Owen" lol

Offline Novahawk

• Padawan Learner
  • Rogue Knight of the Jedi Order
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008, 12:05:51 AM »
Dang darth_call your sabersmithing skills have just exploded.  I have to agree with you moving from padawan straight to master smith.  I bet that vibration effect is sweet.  I wish I had some spare money to have you make me something sweet too.<grumbles>  Jealous jedi here.  The only problem is (besides money) that I have no grand design in mind.  I just don't have the creativity skill you seem to have.(no the chrome taping doesn't count)  Anywho congrats MasterKris and enjoy that piece of art you lucky dog you. ;D
Custom saber Valhalla SRD and/or Royal blue
MR stock: Obi-Wan, Windu, Yoda
4 MR construction kits(one converted by Ultra)
Ultra's Dominix Adgean Silver
Ultra's Dominix SRD
Ultra's Dominix Consular Green
Ultra's Legacy Guardian Blue
Ultra's Phantom double Blazing Red

Offline Darth_Baleful

• Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2008, 06:06:39 PM »
jealous!! lol amazing build DC  ;D

that pager motor was a wicked idea!!! id try it but, id probably just end up with more soldering burns then i already have  :P
Praise be the order brought forth from the very edge of chaos.

There is only one return. And it's not of the King, it's of the JEDI

Offline MasterKris

• Force User
Well, It came today!!!!! SOOOO AWESOME!
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 02:13:25 PM »
So a package arrived today and I didn't know what it was cause its x mas time and Im expecting like 4 packages this week and USPS tracking online suck so I didnt know if it was my saber or not.

Go to the apartment management and I see this box which looked too big for a little saber. I look at the label and its from Darth_Call. I take it back and open it real quick and found another box inside. The box was nice and looks like a pirate's treasure chest.

So I open the box and all I see is this beautiful saber built just for me! I was wow'd by how well it came out and the nice paint job it had as well. Darth_Call said it came out very nice but I didn't know it came out that good!

The entire saber felt just soo smooth and well balanced. The saber grips are nicely done and also look like Starkiller's grips on his saber from the force unleashed to me. The sink tube was cut so nicely and fit the saber well with the black and silver look to it. Looked over the entire saber and not one flaw or oops on it!

So I turned it on and I wasn't too sure how bright it was but Darth_Call said something about the green being really bright, brighter than to was he's use to and did not know why. It was REALLY green compared to what I've ever seen. Its a beautiful green and goes way past my expectations.

All in all i am very excited and very satisfied with the saber. Huge thanks to Darth_Call for putting the time into this project. this guy right here is my new sabersmith and will def. have a returning customer. again, thank you Dusty!

-Master Kris

"The Dark Calling™ design,name and color is owned by Dusty Callais. The only Dark Calling™ made is owned by Kris Owen" lol

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2008, 02:45:43 PM »
Nice...Congrats!  Now come on over so we can test it against other sabers!   ;D

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline MasterKris

• Force User
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2008, 04:05:53 PM »
Nice...Congrats!  Now come on over so we can test it against other sabers!   ;D

lol it might be possible on my way to Arkansas this summer lol 

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2008, 04:34:14 PM »
*blink blink*  OOOHH, shinnnnyyyyy....    :o

Where can I get a chest like that?

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2008, 04:52:56 PM »
*blink blink*  OOOHH, shinnnnyyyyy....    :o

Where can I get a chest like that?
The chest was found at Burke's outlet, however, I had my Mom make the satin pillows for the saber to rest on.  A lot of thought went into the presentation of this saber, ....

MasterKRis, ....I am pleased that you like it.

Offline MasterKris

• Force User
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2008, 05:24:36 PM »
im very please with it. now just need to get me a nice blade to go with it. I have a cleaned out MR tube I was gonna fiddle with and try new stuff with it to reflect good lighting from it but didn't get a chance to before the saber came in so I twirling around with a clear blade right now but still does the deed of being able to swing this bad boy around.

even though I paid for the saber and all to be built and I am paying you, can I still leave feedback on your feedback thread DC?

retrousse