fiduciary

Author Topic: The Force Unleashed II  (Read 72111 times)

Offline Et Kin Evenstar

• Padawan Learner
Re: The Force Unleashed II
« Reply #300 on: November 02, 2010, 07:19:02 AM »
I've not read every post in this thread, so forgive me if this has been posted.  I just got the game.  On one of the early levels there is a gambling den type level.  In there is a "puzzle" in the middle of one room.  It looks like a big slots type game where you've got to use your force powers to stop the wheel so the arubesh (sp?) letters line up in a certain pattern in order to unlock the large crystal contained in the force filed below it.  I've tried everything but cannot get it to open.  Anyone know the solution?
Jedi Ronin.  No Master, save the Force.

Offline Jedi K-man

• Force User
  • I travel in the footsteps of the force...
« Reply #301 on: November 02, 2010, 07:30:48 AM »
I couldn't disagree more about a lack of upgrades.  Gone is the unwieldy control system of TFU I, i found the controls much easier to use than in the first game.  I hope extended DLC is released for this game, as the 4 levels of gameplay leave the player wanting more.  I did find the force sense helpful, as there were many ways to travel when on board the salvation. (Different entrance and exit points.)   Force grip was way better, with easier targeting, without having to sustain a heavy level of damage just to move a box across the room.  As for the dual laser cannon puzzle, that took me more than a minute to solve, as  I was getting fired at from all directions.  I still think they could have fit more gameplay on the disk, at least for Blu-ray, there is at least another hard drive's worth of space there they could have used.  They need to stop basing their games on too many different platforms, as the game creators tend to go with the capabilities of the WEAKEST system, so it can be played on all of them, with leaves the next gen console users back in the dark ages.  (skip the PSP and include the Wii and DS, come on!)  They need to go back to the days of staggered platform release, so that the developers can use the proper coding for each consoles code.  That way, if a particular console's version of the game suffers, all systems don't gt the same "Junk" version of the game, it only sucks on that system.  Also, when writing game code for somany systems, I think a majority of multi-platform reases stem from tired programmers trying to meet unrealistic demands from the people in charge, are up late programming, and accidentally write in the source code for a different platform for the wrong version of the game.  Just my take, from programmer's perspective.  Challenge levels can be fun, especially pitted against everyone else's scores in the entire world, good feature, I think.  They should also go back and insert the TFU II gameplay mechanics into the first game, even though I'm not a big fan of buying multiple releases of he same game.  Would like to see more development, as well as a "Neo vs. Smith"  moment, rather than dark starkiller just Killing the good guy.  Besides, starkiller has been brought to life back more times than a soap opera star on vacation.  :)  We could possibly see him with the dark side ending again.  Great game, I enjoyed it.

Offline Darth Centorus

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Kel-Qui
    • My "crazybrittishninja" YouTube Channel
« Reply #302 on: November 02, 2010, 03:07:15 PM »
I've not read every post in this thread, so forgive me if this has been posted.  I just got the game.  On one of the early levels there is a gambling den type level.  In there is a "puzzle" in the middle of one room.  It looks like a big slots type game where you've got to use your force powers to stop the wheel so the arubesh (sp?) letters line up in a certain pattern in order to unlock the large crystal contained in the force filed below it.  I've tried everything but cannot get it to open.  Anyone know the solution?

I'm not sure entirely as I just remember blasting them a few times with force push then all of a sudden a holocron popped out which turned out to be a new costume, I was just having fun destroying thing's, playing it again at the mo so if I find out any thing different I will post it  :) man I love this game I just played all the challange missions this morning to unlock all the cinematic clips and I must say that it most deffo leads you to say that the Dark side ending is the true ending which makes a change either way I see a TFU 3 comming to pass  ;D

My Sabers
Spirit - Custom build by JQ Sabers
MR Luke ESB
MR Anakin ROTS <signed by Dave Prowse
Stunt saber no electronics
1 Half of the Twin Dragon - MHS custom build by me

Offline Knighthammer

• Force User
    • Tapani Order SW TOR Guild
« Reply #303 on: November 04, 2010, 11:20:05 AM »
For some reason I'm having serious graphic issues with this game. Lots of lag and video tearing.
Anyone else having issues?
Yub Yub Commander
Star Wars the Old Republic Guild - Tapani Order

Offline Darth Centorus

• Master Force User
« Reply #304 on: November 05, 2010, 04:32:34 AM »
I've had no prob with mine.

Has anyone found all the saber crystals at all, I have got all the costumes etc but I can't seem to find all the crystal's any help would be cool  :D

My Sabers
MR Luke ESB

Offline krig

• Force User
« Reply #305 on: November 05, 2010, 06:26:26 AM »

Has anyone found all the saber crystals at all, I have got all the costumes etc but I can't seem to find all the crystal's any help would be cool  :D
did you get gold on all challenges?
if you do, you get saber crystals... and more importantly if you get gold on the first challenge (combat) please let me know how you did it, its a though one..
!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 06:32:05 AM by krig »

Offline Darth Centorus

• Master Force User
« Reply #306 on: November 05, 2010, 04:23:20 PM »

Has anyone found all the saber crystals at all, I have got all the costumes etc but I can't seem to find all the crystal's any help would be cool  :D
if you do, you get saber crystals... and more importantly if you get gold on the first challenge (combat) please let me know how you did it, its a though one..
!

no I havn't had gold on any of the challenges as man they are hard that first one was a doozie just to even get the first medal but if I need to get gold on all of them then I think I am going to fail as some of them are just a nightmare plus I don't get that much game play time so if anyone knows of any cheat codes for them then "PLEASE" lol  ;D oh I tell a lie I did get gold on one challange but I think that was a flook lol  :D

My Sabers
MR Luke ESB

Offline krig

• Force User
« Reply #307 on: November 06, 2010, 07:55:05 AM »

!

no I havn't had gold on any of the challenges as man they are hard that first one was a doozie just to even get the first medal but if I need to get gold on all of them then I think I am going to fail as some of them are just a nightmare plus I don't get that much game play time so if anyone knows of any cheat codes for them then "PLEASE" lol  ;D oh I tell a lie I did get gold on one challange but I think that was a flook lol  :D

Yes! a few of them are a nightmare. but if you want all the saber crystal Gold is a must...
I finally got gold on the last challenge, and got my achievment :)

heres a little tip to get gold on combat challenge:

1. run in circles dont hit that droid, takes longer for starkiller to finish combos
2. Make sure to dash when you have finshed a combo ending with "X" (xbox360) trust me many sec. can be earned by doing so
3. the last 3 combos is where it gets very  frustating  for most.
 when you reach this one: XX XX you need to hit XX then make a very short pause then XX again.
When the next one pops up xxx xxx just make sure that you pause a little longer than the last.
and the last one: xxxx xxxx you need to pause even longer before tapping xxxx again.. monst people dont pause long enough.

hope this helps :)

I nearly have 1000/1000 in GP

Offline Bin Adam

• Master Force User
  • Muslim Knights: Fighting the Terror Within
    • For Those Who Reflect
« Reply #308 on: November 06, 2010, 07:04:29 PM »
Peace be upon all,

Thanks for the tips Krig, they helped me finally finnish that first combat challenge. The timing at the end is quite tricky! I'm really glad they added the challenge modes and I'm also loving  the replay of the story in the Maulkiller skin.

-Bin Adam
The battle outside, starts inside.
"Don't desire to meet your enemy, but if you do be steadfast."

Offline krig

• Force User
« Reply #309 on: November 07, 2010, 07:12:32 AM »
Peace be upon all,

Thanks for the tips Krig, they helped me finally finnish that first combat challenge. The timing at the end is quite tricky! I'm really glad they added the challenge modes and I'm also loving  the replay of the story in the Maulkiller skin.

-Bin Adam

np :) glad I could help.. Im on Unleashed my self.. should get it tonight :) then Im only missing the "stay on target achievment"

Offline Darth Centorus

• Master Force User
« Reply #310 on: November 07, 2010, 08:31:18 AM »
Peace be upon all,

-Bin Adam

What's the Maulkiller skin as I thought I had all the costumes and if it's another one how can I get it?

My Sabers
MR Luke ESB

Offline krig

• Force User
« Reply #311 on: November 07, 2010, 10:15:12 AM »
Peace be upon all,

-Bin Adam

What's the Maulkiller skin as I thought I had all the costumes and if it's another one how can I get it?

I belive the Maul skin was an exclusive preorder..

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #312 on: January 02, 2011, 01:02:20 AM »
I got the game when it first came out and hadn't played past the first level in a few weeks. But I must say, despite all the clowning that people have done on it, I am so far really enjoying myself with it. Maybe because I don't game as often as I used to, but so far I am having lots of fun.

Oh well....to each their own I guess.  ::)

Offline Darth Centorus

• Master Force User
« Reply #313 on: January 02, 2011, 03:54:29 PM »
I love this game to I also downloaded the Endor DLC and although there is a bit of a glitch with the story just before the last battle I thought it was really good, on the line of small glitches has anyone noticed that in the first video sequence when Vader hands Starkiller the twin sabers they are Starkillers from the first game but throughout the rest of the game it shows the new sabers, not that I have a prob with it I just found it funny. Adding to the Endor DLC Lovin the new costume very dark  and I like how they made his eyes red showing how he has fully turned to the Dark side very cool.

My Sabers
MR Luke ESB

Offline Nightwing

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #314 on: January 02, 2011, 04:21:22 PM »
I didnt get this when it first came out because money was tight, but thanks to christmas and my birthday falling 10 days apart, I had some extra money and checked on amazon and found the collectors edition for $40!  :o  So needless to say, I bought it.  I really enjoyed it, but I feel like it was incredibly short, and went into it expecting a lot deeper of a story.  But I liked it while it lasted.

retrousse