fiduciary

Author Topic: My Anakin AOTC Score  (Read 5722 times)

Offline rook

• No Force
  • JAR-JAR BINKS' HAND PUPPET
My Anakin AOTC Score
« on: October 02, 2007, 09:06:28 AM »
So I got the newest Obi-Wan for my Birthday in August and I was all drooling over my collection being complete as far as not having any doubles..... (wanted to get one of each design before getting the models that are basically the same; Luke ANH/ESB or Vader ANH/ESB/ROTJ)

Anyway - I'm doing some research and discover that the lightsaber Anakin carries in "Attack of the Clones" was different than the one from "Revenge", I also find out that Master Replicas only made it for a very short time and it's one of the hardest of all to find.

So, I'm searching eBay and find one (that works) but is wrongly listed as being the one from "Revenge of the Sith" -
Item# 270166284329

Listed at $75 with one bid, and a cheap $10 shipping, I'm desparate to score this. So last Friday night, the auction is to end at 1am EST. I'm sitting in the Basement playing Doom 3 when my alarm goes off telling me I have 5 minutes until "Sniper Time"

I close Doom out and my computer freezes up.... ACK. Reset not working, power supply not working, she's locked!!!! I grab my wifes laptop and fire it up, I don't have time to plug in the power and the battery is at 14% !!! Ack.... I get a quick wireless connection (thank god) fireup IE as I don't want any eBay problems that I often get with Opera and log into eBay. Everything is going smooth so I use my work account as I don't want my wife to know... I hit my "Watched Items" click the link and 30 seconds remain, I click the "Bid" button (Open in new window) hit $99.99 and hit submit, the verification window pops up. I go back to the orginal page hit refresh and it says 5secs. Click over to the bid page and hit enter...............

It tells me my bid has been submitted........ I go back to the listing and refresh and it tells me I won the Saber at $76!

Now what? My wife will kill me if I get another saber..... I'll keep it at work until Christmas and she or my mother can get it for me then - good plan. I click order and pay with my AMEX, put down instructions to ship to my work.

I recieve an email that it's being shipped UPS to my House!!!! I send the guy a note and he says he only ships to the Billable address (says it right there in the terms)

ACK..... Well, my wife works 3 days a week, I have a 60% I'll get home before she does. Right? No Wrong - she gets the UPS yesterday and calls me up screaming....

She won't understand the collector value, so I suck it up an apoligize.

Then I get home - WOW, Like new in the original, excellent condition box, with certificate of authenticity, all the foam. Looks way better than the pictures below.

I fire it up and she comes right on. Of course, dimmer and not as loud as my other sabers - but the first and rarest of the FX Sabers! Man, this thing is HUGE.

Pix are the ones from eBay, not mine:

Rook

« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 11:56:14 AM by rook »
The FORCE was weak with this one.

Offline Dark Helmet

• Force User
  • Hail Skroob!
Re: My Anakin AOTC Score
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 09:11:49 AM »
Welcome to the forum!
Nice score, and at an excellent price!
LS Owned:

+ Yoda's Graflex V (Luke ESB Replica) -a masterpiece-
+ Cyan Luxeon III Anakin ROTS

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 09:39:09 AM »
Hey rook, welcome to the forum. 

You made a great purchase there.  The Anakin AOTC is the FX that started it all.  Although it uses the earlier technology, it's nonetheless one of my favorite sabers in my collection.

Even though the hilt is greatly oversized, when you hold this saber, you really get the feeling of good, strong, quality construction. 

I like the color of the blade too.

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 10:51:59 AM »
Good snag, rook! I wish I would have got mine for that. I snagged mine 2 years ago at $225.00 USD ($260.00 CDN. Now our power-dollar makes shopping online so much easier. $1.01 USD now :P) But I have yet to get the most difficult, the Luke ROTJ 2003 EL. I've been searching for that puppy for 2 years now......I feel ike Vader searching for Luke after the Yavin incident. (The average price I've seen is between $300.00 - $500.00 USD and very rarely) But you are right, the Anakin AOTC is both beautiful and very rare too.

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 11:09:26 AM »
Governor Tarkin, if you're interested, I will be selling my 2003 Luke ROTJ soon.  Send me a PM if you want further details.  :)

Offline rook

• No Force
  • JAR-JAR BINKS' HAND PUPPET
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 11:54:26 AM »
Got my 2003 Luke EL on Ebay for $55 (+$15 shipping)

Didn't come with the box and I had to buff some scuffs out of the blade, otherwise it was in EXCELLENT condition - it's one of my favorite Lightsabers:

My Luke EL

An old shot (Before I got my Obi-Wan and Anakin EL)

Wow - the link for the eBay is still available:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280130318177

Yeah - I'm a bargain Sniper!
Rook
The FORCE was weak with this one.

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 12:09:24 PM »
Dang! That's a SUPER-SNAG! :(

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 12:17:48 PM »
 :D :D

Hi Rook and welcome to the forum!!You had me laughing out loud reading your story lol :D :DGreat find you have there in the anakin aotc!!Love that saber and One day I'll build one of my own. 8)

retrousse