fiduciary

Author Topic: Luke ANH with pics and comparison with Esb, Ani Rots and Graflex replica.  (Read 27371 times)

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
Re: Luke ANH with pics and comparison with Esb, Ani Rots and Graflex replica.
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2007, 06:00:57 PM »
 8)
I know what you're saying rob.I for one just bought a new house and having a few things to pay out;but,I'm doing the best I can saving up for that graflix saber.I'm a working class person too rob.I understand your passion for sure. ;)

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2007, 06:02:33 PM »
Same here. No more spending for me till after Christmas! I have to put an engine in my Fiero.  :'(
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2007, 06:09:08 PM »
I have only had the Obi and Ani Mr sabers.  Now that I have my Vintage Graflex from Yoda, if it were me I would sell all the sabers I had to, to get my hands on one those beauties.  There is nothing I would change about any of it.  It is a thing of beauty on the inside as well as the outside.

Yoda's hilts are just top quality through and through.

Offline rob

• Experienced Force User
  • What Would Porkins Do?
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2007, 06:18:47 PM »
It does surprise me that they couldn't just shrink the ESB hilt. But like Yoda said, to much money to make the buldges in the tubes body. I'm sitting here at work looking at my Graflex and yeah, the buldges are complex shapes. Now MR could have just made a straight tube for the ANH if they wanted to save money on it. That may have looked better than the chrpome inserts. I do believe if you sand them with some steel wool so they match the body better it won't stand out as much.

It would have been SO much better to go with a flat body and forget about the bulges altogether.  I think only the pickiest purist would have had a prblem with the bulges being omitted.  They are so subtle on a Graflex that this would have been a much better solution that what we ended up with.  When you look at the Luke ESB, you don't miss these bulges at all...you just wish it wasn't so huge!

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2007, 06:38:20 PM »
This is much more productive ;D

Good Ideas all about such production Ideas everyone... this is what the forum is for
and what our site in particular does well 8)

I do see your points that a smoother tube or even a very subtle bump could have been better
and made for perhaps the "reallocation of funds for the clamp/emitter ring since there would not
be the need to make the die-cast and chrome plated parts for those pieces. ;)

it also would have made for re using the old anakin plastics and only a new upper inner blade holder
shroud would have needed to be re-molded similar to the features on the one used now.

ah well a day late and a dollar short :D

MTFBWY
always
YODA

And I thank you guys for the compliments on My Gralfex conversions.
I will do what I must ;)

Offline Louis

• Master Force User
  • Hello from France;)
    • Here is my website, based on my comic book.
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2007, 01:18:28 AM »
Thanks to Governor Tarkin and Master yoda for your kind words and actions to calm down the passions downthere!:)

Well, I forget to tell something in my review. Something I noticed using my FX since I wrote it.

The clash sensor is really sensitive, and I appreciate it a lot!!! Where some of my FX need a "strong" clash to make a sound, this one just need some little hits one the blade to make those nice sounds!!! That's great and more realisitic!;)

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2007, 03:36:44 AM »
From the things I read here,...
Yoda, can you make a working real-sized Luke ESB lightsaber?
How much???
Are you using the same tube-film as Erv from Placter that makes the light go up and down?
Is it as loud as the placter ones?
Is it brighter than a FX?
Can I put a new blade in it, after duel-damage?
(So I can also display it as a LE.)
If so I really REALLY want one.
I can sell all my FXes because, than I have the ultimate saber.
How long before I can have it?
Do you accept VISA???

I'm almost sure, everyone knows this already, exept me.
Sorry, but I like to know.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 03:51:36 AM by Darth Matth »

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Dark Helmet

• Force User
  • Hail Skroob!
LS Owned:

+ Yoda's Graflex V (Luke ESB Replica) -a masterpiece-
+ Cyan Luxeon III Anakin ROTS

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2007, 05:14:08 AM »
From the things I read here,...
Yoda, can you make a working real-sized Luke ESB lightsaber?  Yes it he uses exactly what Lucas used during filming  , a graflex camera flash.
How much???  Rough ballpark is around $450
Are you using the same tube-film as Erv from Placter that makes the light go up and down?  I think Yoda normally uses Ultrablades but could most likely tailor it to your choice of blades.  Shoot him a PM and he will set you up.
Is it as loud as the placter ones?  Right now Yoda is using the Ultrasound board.  You could also use an MR board but why.  Not sure if a plecter will fit but most likely it will.
Is it brighter than a FX?  Yes look at the pics in my review, OBi on left lux V graflex on right.  No comparison.
Can I put a new blade in it, after duel-damage?  Yes blades are hollow tobes with film that come off using a thumbscrew that is part of the original camera flash.  Either the glass eye or the red push button depending on whether you get ANH or ESB.
(So I can also display it as a LE.)  Yes, also Yoda offers a collectors kit that comes with both ANH and ESB with one set of internals. Duel with one display the other.
If so I really REALLY want one.  Then get one lol  :D
I can sell all my FXes because, than I have the ultimate saber.  Personally that's what I would do, BUT you will still want one stunt saber for hard core dueling.  Yes you can duel with a graflex but don't forget it is made from a vintage or replica camera flash so it can't be used for insane crazy dueling.  This is one of the reasons Ultra makes his cheaper stunt sabers.
How long before I can have it?  Yoda has had  list for quite some time.  I think that he has a second list that will be waiting for the second run of sound boards from Ultra.  Best to get with Yoda on that.
Do you accept VISA???  Not sure.  What I do know is MO and Paypal.

I'm almost sure, everyone knows this already, exept me.
Sorry, but I like to know.

I tried to answer your questions as best I could but seriously get with Yoda for the exact numbers.

Hey there Darth Matth,

Here is a link to my review of Yoda's saber.  I actually got a kit and installed it myself so mine is a bit DIY and a bit Yoda.  However they are one the same.  IMO if you like the original graflex ANH or ESB and want the best out there this is it.  Make sure to check out the video at the bottom.  The flashing one is of the cool inner Crystal core.  Yoda's graflex sabers look just as good on the inside as the outside.  I tried to answer your questions but some of them are estimates you better get with Yoda on the real deal there, but that should get you started.

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=6463.45

Enjoy!

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2007, 08:51:00 AM »
Thank you guy's.
But There's a long list,and so it seems they dont have many of that  Vintage Graflex hilts.
I want one, but yoda wrote, that the rest will be sold on eBay, or here as a In Stock/Out Stock item.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 05:09:45 PM by Darth Matth »

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2007, 06:42:36 PM »
Not quite sure what you mean her D M. Just shoot off a PM to Yoda and he will get your answers for you.  There is def a waiting list as soundboards are all sold out and Yoda is already waist deep in conversions that have been waiting for the sound boards.  He usually sends out a note when he is putting one up on Ebay and you may even snag if before that.  Again send a PM and answers you will have.  ;)

Offline Darth Scythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2007, 03:59:26 PM »
I'm interested in taking this saber off of the hands of anyone who is dissapointed with theirs. Unopened boxes preferred but not required.
Vader's Vault OSPP stunt "Majesty"
Do-Clo Yoda Lux III Red
Ultrasabers Luke ROTJ Lux III LedEngin 5 watt Green w/emitter upgrade
MR Luke ANH Stock
General Grievous/LDM Mace Windu ROTS TruPurple with windowed emitter
MHS saber \\\"Civil Elegance/Elegant Civility\\\" W.I.P.

retrousse