fiduciary

Author Topic: Vader ROTJ  (Read 20055 times)

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
Re: Vader ROTJ
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2007, 11:06:46 PM »
In reality it's supposed to be the same saber through out all three films.  ;D  :P

Offline GRAND MOFF TARKIN

• formerly pianoman/Admiral Piett
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Fear will keep them in line...
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 09:56:39 AM »

You'd think the prop people would have been a little more careful, but then it reminds me
how even now in ROTS, Obiwan and Anakin endup holding the wrong sabers during a scene on mustafar :D

What? What sabers were they holding?

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2007, 10:11:07 AM »
If you look, when Anakin has Obiwan bent over and is choking him out using his cybernetic arm, Anakin and Obiwan are holding their respective sabers.

The scene cuts away, and then back to Anakin bending him over, but Anakin is holding Obi-wan's saber, and Obi is holding Anakin's.

Apparently, this happened A LOT in Episode 3 where people picked up the wrong sabers and it wasn't caught.

Apparently, if memory serves me correctly, there was a cut in the scene and when the action recommensed, they picked up the wrong sabers accidentally.

Offline Super sith 22

• Master Force User
  • ROCK ON!
    • sabercity
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2007, 01:55:59 PM »
when mace and the other jedi go to arrest palpitine you can see palpitine is holding anikan's saber too.

you can see a lot of blunders such as these at the lightsaber .com (http://www.thelightsaber.com/IndexFolder/index2.htm)    ;)
"A gun is just a tool, like a hammer or an alligator." -Homer Simpson

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2007, 02:47:00 PM »
Well the stunt saber that Ian McDiarmid had definitely was one of Anakin's stunt sabers.  The guys knew this right away and that's why they painted it gold and gave it a red blade because the original Palpatine saber would have probably been too small for him to duel with.

Actually from reports during the making of Episode III the whole sequence between Mace and the Jedi arriving at Palpatine's office was completely different.  Anakin was all ready there standing next to Palpatine when they arrived and Palpatine used the force to call Anakin's lightsaber to him (hence why he had Anakin's saber) and that's how he was able to surprise the Jedi.  Infact I think the whole fight sequence between Mace and Sidious was a bit longer than was shown.

During the pick-ups and re-shoots during post production is Lucas and team realized that the original scene that I just mentioned didn't play out right because the way how Anakin was in the Jedi Council Chambers before then suddenly in Palpatine's office.  Infact GL mentions this in one of the behind the scenes documentarys on the 2nd DVD of ROTS if I recall correctly.  I don't remember which one but I remember watching about it.

I wished they had put that original scene on the 2nd DVD as an alternate sequence.

Edit: BTW Vader, Obi-Wan was the one who did the saber switching.  Anakin never had had a saber when he was choking Obi-Wan, it was just Obi-Wan the whole time... but some how Ewan kept ending up with Hayden's Lightsaber.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 02:48:55 PM by BigT1981 »

Offline Pastor Jedi

• Padawan Learner
  • I find your lack of faith disturbing
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 03:51:37 PM »
The only real issue with doing the Lux conversions with the 1inch blade, are the top
2 Black beveled screws. They pass into the socket and actually need to be glued in place.

Yes I have one here I've been tinkering with a bit, but I'm waiting till I have more
time so I can do it perfectly.

I would love to see your completed project. I sent back Luxeon parts because of the issue of the 7 screws. Elvistrooper made that nice EL with the link above. I am still trying to convert my Vader ROTJ saber. I make most of the parts
http://pastorjedisabers.com/swpics4.htm
I find your lack of faith disturbing

Offline FrankG

• No Force
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2008, 06:36:55 PM »
Well folks... i just completed (today) a Vader ROTJ Lux V with MR sound board 1 inch blade!. 

I drilled through the graflex socket an tapped the holes, the trick is to cut down the alen bolts thread as shor as posible but still be able to screw it on. I left one of the bolts a tad longer to secure the blade in place.

I know you want to see some pics! Ill try my very best to post some tomorrow.

BTW the sound board is fed by two AAAs and the Lux V is fed by four AAA separately! I wanted to do this configuration with AAs but THAT wouldve been a HUGE challenge.

I made two pretty big holes in the bottom of the hilt, thouse holes are hidden underneath the D-ring holder, so the sound is coming out nice and the holes dont show.

The solution that i am so very proud of coming out with was THE SWITCH, i installed a slide switch so  the "metal eye" is pushed forward to tur the saber on. Yes people that means when the saber is OFF, the "metal eye" is centered with the hole (where the glass eye should be) and when the saber is ON the metal eye is off-centered just like it is on the original prop

Cant wait to post some pics, although after i have them on my PC, how do i post them?

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2008, 11:35:29 PM »
The way I do it is after you write a reply, before you press Post you first click on Additional Options, than click on Attach and search for the picture on your computer.
Than on the right of the search-button you can click on More Attachments and put another, and so on.
The only downside is the pictures showup below and you cannot put words between them.
It will be like this:
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=10764.15
You can click on the pictures to enlarge them.

If you like to make a nice review with the pictures between them, most of the time you can send the review to a Moderator after sending them a PM first, and they will do it nicely for you.

I'm VERY curious of the pictures myself.

Goodluck.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 11:42:39 PM by Darth Matth »

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline FrankG

• No Force
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2008, 11:59:42 AM »
Here they are! Although ill try to use a better cam next time

Check out the two cool features i mentioned. 

The hidden holes for sound can be seen in the pic were i illuminated from inside. But if you want even more sound, you can change the d-ring position to expose the speaker.

The slide Switch,  OFF: you have a centered metal-eye  / ON: you have a off-centered metal-eye just like the original prop!

The soundboard and the Lux V run on separate sources, the front AAA pair feed the SB and the  four AAA at the bottom feed the Lux V.

If you take out the front AAAs the saber just lights up.

The comparative pic shows stock MRs Luke:  ROTJ & ANH.

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2008, 02:02:26 PM »
You're a real Jedi now.
Or shall I say Sith.

Thats a very good workmanship.

Congratulations, I
'm sure you feel very great right now.

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Ishi-Goturi

• Experienced Force User
  • The Hutts are gangstas!
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2008, 05:25:39 PM »
Woah. :o That's one nice saber! I've heard of people making emitter plugs/covers to recreate the sawed-off rod that was on the prop saber. When they want to light it up, they just pop the top and screw on the blade. You think you might do something like that?
Many Bothans died to bring us this signature.

Consular Green Ultra FX
MHS Blue Lux III

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2008, 06:49:40 PM »
Here they are! Although ill try to use a better cam next time

Check out the two cool features i mentioned. 

The hidden holes for sound can be seen in the pic were i illuminated from inside. But if you want even more sound, you can change the d-ring position to expose the speaker.

The slide Switch,  OFF: you have a centered metal-eye  / ON: you have a off-centered metal-eye just like the original prop!

The soundboard and the Lux V run on separate sources, the front AAA pair feed the SB and the  four AAA at the bottom feed the Lux V.

If you take out the front AAAs the saber just lights up.

The comparative pic shows stock MRs Luke:  ROTJ & ANH.

VERY NICE!

Offline FrankG

• No Force
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2008, 09:13:01 PM »
Woah. :o That's one nice saber! I've heard of people making emitter plugs/covers to recreate the sawed-off rod that was on the prop saber. When they want to light it up, they just pop the top and screw on the blade. You think you might do something like that?

It is in deed a great idea to make this baby perfect. Although to make it truely acurate with that echangeable part, i would have to machine the tip of the aluminum socket (and have it re-anodized black) so it could fit a complete 1 3/8" disc with the sawed-off rod.

I made a pretty acurate Vader ROTJ like 4 years ago and that sawed-off rod was 5/16 in diameter. We asume that it was a rod for fighting scenes BUT 5/16" isnt a bit thin? I know it was a short rod to hold an aluminum tube-blade but i find it still to thin.

Thanks guys (and gals), glad you liked it!  ;D

Offline Lord Dracus

• Master Force User
  • "The force is mine to command."
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2008, 04:21:20 AM »
  :o  AWESOME !!!  :o

retrousse