fiduciary

Author Topic: Proffie and TeensySaber V3 Tutorial Vids  (Read 5351 times)

Offline Megtooth Sith

• No Force
  • Having fun learning the hobby.
    • My Youtube Channel
Proffie and TeensySaber V3 Tutorial Vids
« on: June 24, 2018, 08:42:09 AM »
If you just bought a TeensySaber V3, you have the 2 boards, header pins, and are confused by all the "computer speak", welcome to the club.  I was too.  I asked Fredrik tons of questions, he and others helped me along, and I now have 3 successful installs of TeensySaber V3, and 3 more on the bench.  I made these 3 quick videos.  My camera isn't that great, but the point gets across.

Video #1:  2019 Proffie 2.2 Programming Update (includes general instructions for TeensySaber, Proffie 1.5, and Proffie 2.2.

Video #2:  Better assembly video shot with scope. (sorry about sloppy tip during mosfet soldering, fixed it all, clean your tip)

Video #3:  TeensySaberV3 programming:  *NOTE:  Fredrik states that the "Lightsaber" folder doesn't need to be in the "Arduino" folder like I show in this video.  It can go anywhere on you computer i.e. desktop, documents, etc.  Also, Fredrik said it would be easier for most people to make their config file in Lightsaber.ino, instead of how I did it in this video by making a text document and force changing the extension from .txt to .h.  I force my computer to reveal file extensions, which makes it easier to do this.

Video #4:  SD Card w/fonts for your TeensySaberV3.  Most are used to getting SD cards from Plecter or NEC that can serve as an example or a template for making your own.  You don't get that with TeensySaber (unless you buy from KR).  This video shows you how to download and use Fredrik's new default font package, as well as making custom font package and matching it to your config file. 

Video 5: One of my YouTube subs requested this addendum to the SD Card authoring video.  This video is a tutorial to adding smoothswing fonts, and how to modify existing fonts with smoothswing pairs to be smoothswing!

Video 6:  Adding the Proffie Plugin: (bad audio vid quality, sorry in advance)

Video 7: Bladestyle Editor Tutorial:

Video 8:  Programming your Proffieboard in Arduino

Video 9:  Programming Proffieboard 2023: 

I hope these help.  Happy building! 

Tom
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 08:51:16 PM by Megtooth Sith »

Offline Megtooth Sith

• No Force
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Proffie and TeensySaber V3 Tutorial Vids
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 09:48:08 PM »
added smoothswing tutorial to first post!  Hope it helps someone!

Tom

Offline Megtooth Sith

• No Force
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 11:00:27 AM »
I added a new Proffie Programming video, so this is a bump of the thread.  Includes information for programming TeensySaberV3, Proffie 1.5, and Proffie 2.2 with Fredrik's ProffieOS. 

Tom

Offline Megtooth Sith

• No Force
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2022, 08:53:27 PM »
New 2023 Proffie Programming Video added.  Bump. 

retrousse