fiduciary

Author Topic: Graflex 2.0 construction  (Read 17447 times)

Offline Pozesed

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Graflex 2.0 construction
« on: December 30, 2015, 06:32:59 AM »
Im looking at buying the Graflex 2.0 from parks. It says on the site that putting it together would take 10 minutes. Is this just using screws or would I need glue etc. Looking to get a static ESB/TFA hilt.

Offline ken

• Force User
  • in my experience there is no such thing as luck
Re: Graflex 2.0 construction
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 10:02:39 AM »
im in the same boat with you based on the description i think its just screws just bought the kit this morning let me know what you think of it to if you decide to get it

personally im very excited to get my first graflex even if its a replica and not vintage
http://

Offline Scarecrow

• Force User
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 10:39:27 AM »
The Graflex 2.0 arrives nearly complete.  You just add the grips (they have adhesive on them), the card, the d-ring and the glass eye or second red button.  No glue is needed. 

Offline Pozesed

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 03:13:24 PM »
The Graflex 2.0 arrives nearly complete.  You just add the grips (they have adhesive on them), the card, the d-ring and the glass eye or second red button.  No glue is needed.

This was very helpful, thank you. I've ordered one of the remaining Korbanth Graflex 2.0's cant wait.

Offline Pozesed

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 03:16:22 PM »
im in the same boat with you based on the description i think its just screws just bought the kit this morning let me know what you think of it to if you decide to get it

personally im very excited to get my first graflex even if its a replica and not vintage

I have it ordered, hoping it arrives with the next few weeks! Im the same, Im not bothered that it's not vintage, just want a fairly movie accurate display hilt  :grin:

Offline Scarecrow

• Force User
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 03:42:20 PM »
It looks good enough. Most people won't notice the differences. Plus, there are things you can do to add to it's original look.  You can buy a 7/8" blade plug that resembles the internals of a graflex flash. A member here is selling some. You can put mylar tape on the clamp. The kobold d-rings I got are shiny. They can be easily upgraded. You can get replica red buttons most anywhere both working or screw on. The only thing that would really bother me for a display piece would be the sound holes but those of us that are adding electronics are quite pleased. 

Offline Pozesed

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 04:03:30 PM »
I think from what Ive seen it looks great especially when compared with the price of a vintage graflex. I have seen the graflex blade plugs, I'll be getting one of them and I think I'll eventually replace the end cap with a non sound hole versian and put it in a nice display box.

Offline ken

• Force User
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 06:59:18 PM »
I think from what Ive seen it looks great especially when compared with the price of a vintage graflex. I have seen the graflex blade plugs, I'll be getting one of them and I think I'll eventually replace the end cap with a non sound hole versian and put it in a nice display box.

id like to get one of those blade plugs once i get my graflex sager in the mail. who sells them???

Offline ken

• Force User
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2016, 07:01:25 PM »
It looks good enough. Most people won't notice the differences. Plus, there are things you can do to add to it's original look.  You can buy a 7/8" blade plug that resembles the internals of a graflex flash. A member here is selling some. You can put mylar tape on the clamp. The kobold d-rings I got are shiny. They can be easily upgraded. You can get replica red buttons most anywhere both working or screw on. The only thing that would really bother me for a display piece would be the sound holes but those of us that are adding electronics are quite pleased.
id like one of those blade plugs once i get my graflex in the mail who sells them???

Offline Scarecrow

• Force User

Offline ken

• Force User

Offline Scarecrow

• Force User
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2016, 05:48:11 PM »
No bother

Offline roguegeek

• No Force
  • Do you like toast too?
    • Project: Rich
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2016, 12:22:19 AM »
Is the Parks 2.0 kit the exact same kit you can order from Korbanth? If so  is there any advantage ordering from one place over the other?

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2016, 08:54:30 AM »
Same kit. Parks customer service is spotty at times, can be slow to reply and ship, while others report no issues. Randy (Korbanth) has them in stock ready to ship and is very fast to reply. PM him, confirm if he has any left.

Offline ken

• Force User
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2016, 12:27:18 PM »
Im looking at buying the Graflex 2.0 from parks. It says on the site that putting it together would take 10 minutes. Is this just using screws or would I need glue etc. Looking to get a static ESB/TFA hilt.

just an update bud i ordered my 2.0 kit January 1st and i got it today on the 11th of January
the process of putting it together takes but 10 mi and is only screwing in the grips and d-rings and some momentary buttons
i wanted to post some pics of the parts and construction because a lot of people seen to have questions about the 2.0 kit so ill be posting some pic once i get off work tonight   
and again once i start my chassis build for the saber

retrousse