fiduciary

Author Topic: New Inquisitor (Season 2)  (Read 11636 times)

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
Re: New Inquisitor (Season 2)
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 03:16:07 AM »
Naw, Dooku kills her as she attempts to save Vos (her lover) and is elecrcuted to death. She then dies, a Jedi, in Quinlan's arms.

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
RomanProps Inception Elite
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex v2.0 (Finn-flex)
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
Pachstore Shadowblade (SWR Darksaber)
VyleOne TCW Asajj Ventress (3-D printed, 1:1)
VyleOne TCW Pre-Viszla Darksaber (3-D printed, 1:1)
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

Offline darth hondo

• Master Force User
  • there can only be two
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 08:41:40 AM »
It's unlikely that DV will keep inquisitors who know or can tell that he's formally Anakin Skywalker. In fact DV is systematically hunting down force users with personal knowledge of AK to cover his track. So that probably eliminates Bariss or Ventress as Seventh Sister.

However I would  not mind if Ventress were to make a reappearance or if there will be a closure of Maul and Obi Wan.

Offline C_Kilfeather

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 09:39:31 AM »
I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I would love the see that final confrontation between Maul and Kenobi based off of the EU comic. It would we a great introduction to Luke in the era as well as closure, knowing what happens/happened to Maul in all those years.

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
  • Impressive..... most Impressive!
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2015, 10:00:16 AM »
Especially as we never found out what those other plans were for maul after sidious defeats him. Maybe he will pop up as the lead inquisitor, that would be awsome.
I don't know, i gotta bad feeling about this!

Offline C_Kilfeather

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 12:08:39 PM »
There were comics, "Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir," that explained what happened immediately after. Studious had plans but Maul was rescued by the loyal death watch warriors, (loyal to him and his uprising). But in between  then and through the end of the Clone Wars is unknown. 
I would love to see Maul come back though. It's another great excuse to get Sam Witwer back in the studio! ;)

Offline darth hondo

• Master Force User
  • there can only be two
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2015, 01:05:55 PM »
It would be cool to have Obi Wan movie(s) set sometime between ROTS and ANH so Obi can mix it up with Ventress, Maul, may be Ahsoka, inquisitors sent by Vader, and finally even Vader himself. Obi will be trying to hide Luke and his trails post-ROTS while Vader will be after his former padawan and master. Even better if they mix it up in some serious lightsaber battles. May be Yoda will find reasons to make an appearance too. For continuity most of the characters should either die or find reasons to disappear for good at the end.

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2015, 01:48:13 PM »
Especially as we never found out what those other plans were for maul after sidious defeats him. Maybe he will pop up as the lead inquisitor, that would be awsome.

Sidious would go on to use Maul to draw out and eliminate Mother Talzin, the only person who could make Maul both a big threat and a liability to the Grand Plan. In the end, Talzin was made flesh and subsequently killed by Grievous. As Maul escapes alive with what remained of his loyal Deathwatch liutenants, Sidious declares Maul is no longer a threat and his destiny erased.

As for an Obi-Wan movie, I want a 'Man With No Name'-style western primarily set on Tatooine, with Obi filling in the Eastwood role, and a host of bounty hunters including Cad Bane, followed by a final showdown between Kenobi and Maul.

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2015, 03:44:35 PM »

Sidious would go on to use Maul to draw out and eliminate Mother Talzin, the only person who could make Maul both a big threat and a liability to the Grand Plan. In the end, Talzin was made flesh and subsequently killed by Grievous. As Maul escapes alive with what remained of his loyal Deathwatch liutenants, Sidious declares Maul is no longer a threat and his destiny erased.

Is that canon?
If it is, it makes no sense as maul is sith and was not created like his brother Savage who was just classed as useful. Mauls use of the force is natural and his desire to get revenge on Kenobi and the emperor would not cease,even more so if the death watch were with him.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 04:31:45 PM by bombarta »

Offline C_Kilfeather

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2015, 06:50:41 PM »

Is that canon?
If it is, it makes no sense as maul is sith and was not created like his brother Savage who was just classed as useful. Mauls use of the force is natural and his desire to get revenge on Kenobi and the emperor would not cease,even more so if the death watch were with him.

(Correct me if I'm wrong)
Talzin used her magic to "fix what had been broken," giving him his legs and give or take restoring his "sanity" and strength. This not only forms their physical binding, but also the emotional binding between Maul and Talzin. By destroying the witch, that link of power was cut, seeing Maul no longer a threat without his source of guidance and power. I agree, it is kind of a strange plot but it is what it is. (There's probably a big piece of the puzzle I'm missing and that's why it seems so off).

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2015, 10:47:31 PM »
I checked it out and Talzin being dead is not considered canon. Her last appearance is fighting Windu in season 6. Thats where her biography finishes. So i guess if that plot is from a book or comic, at the moment its not considered canon.

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2015, 12:32:23 AM »
The Son of Dathomir arc, the final completed Star Wars series from Dark Horse, comes directly from unfinished Clone Wars episodes, 4 issues/episodes in full, and is in fact the only canon series from Dark Horse. It literally picks up with Sidious having Maul in captivity, plotting out those 'other uses' he mentioned in The Lawless, and ends with Talzin's death and Maul's escape with the Death Watch commandos.

Additionally, Maul's legs were repaired (along with Savage's arm) by the Deathwatch, quote 'after the Jedi gutted them.'
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 12:52:12 AM by KingOfDathomir »

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

Offline SharkyMcShark

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2015, 01:57:28 AM »
I checked it out and Talzin being dead is not considered canon. Her last appearance is fighting Windu in season 6. Thats where her biography finishes. So i guess if that plot is from a book or comic, at the moment its not considered canon.

She's not dead in the 'old canon'/EU/Legends. Same as Ventress, they never got around to finishing her story before the announcement that all EU material except TCW was being set aside.

She is dead in the new canon.

Offline C_Kilfeather

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2015, 10:04:20 AM »

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2015, 03:59:12 PM »
The Son of Dathomir arc, the final completed Star Wars series from Dark Horse, comes directly from unfinished Clone Wars episodes, 4 issues/episodes in full, and is in fact the only canon series from Dark Horse. It literally picks up with Sidious having Maul in captivity, plotting out those 'other uses' he mentioned in The Lawless, and ends with Talzin's death and Maul's escape with the Death Watch commandos.

Additionally, Maul's legs were repaired (along with Savage's arm) by the Deathwatch, quote 'after the Jedi gutted them.'
Well none of that is listed on wooki and as thats what people tend to quote,I'll stick with it.
Also repair Savages arm? The Sidious kills Savage in season 5 when he fights Maul and Savage. so one more reason to pay no attention to anything dark horse comics put out. Just like all the tranformers,terminator,predator, alien, and robocop stuff they put out without full permission in the 90's and was not deemed canon to any of those franchise's.
Don't hold too much stock in what a comic not owned by Disney says because if they want to use any of the characters to make money they will.

Offline SharkyMcShark

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2015, 08:17:18 PM »

Well none of that is listed on wooki and as thats what people tend to quote,I'll stick with it.
Also repair Savages arm? The Sidious kills Savage in season 5 when he fights Maul and Savage. so one more reason to pay no attention to anything dark horse comics put out. Just like all the tranformers,terminator,predator, alien, and robocop stuff they put out without full permission in the 90's and was not deemed canon to any of those franchise's.
Don't hold too much stock in what a comic not owned by Disney says because if they want to use any of the characters to make money they will.

Talzin - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

You'll want to check the tabs at the top of Wookiee articles that say CANON and LEGENDS when investigating characters whose fate was sort of left hanging by the abrupt end of TCW.

retrousse