fiduciary

Author Topic: Darth Maul is back (Officially)  (Read 52952 times)

Offline darthfoster

• No Force
Re: Darth Maul is back (Officially)
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2012, 08:47:05 PM »
We had a s chance to see the episode at the Pre-Screen event "Maul Returns" in San Fransisco/Presidio. It's definitely different than what I expect and actually really like it. Awesome episode :)
SL/CP 9098
Central California Garrison

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2012, 05:33:57 PM »
Ok who saw part 1 tonight? LOVED IT!! I wanna see part 2 now. If I don't I may go Darth Maul crazy.........

"Through victory my chains are broken...the chains...the chains are the easy part...it's what goes on in here that's hard...AHHHHHHHH....JEDI!!!!!!!"

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world!

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2012, 06:28:45 PM »
I didn't like it. I would prefer to remember Darth Maul as the awesome [phantom] menacing Sith Lord that Ray Park portrayed him as...now hes reduced to a weak demented pathetic cyborg arachnid?

"Spider-Maul" is just... ...sad...

Oh and how did Obi-Wan even know his name anyway? I just saw TPM 3D yesterday so I'm quite certain that at no point did Maul ever say his name to QGJ or OWK and no one else ever said it to them...at one point QGJ suggests to the Council that he must be a Sith Lord because of his training and Yoda refers to him as a "Dark warrior" and at the end Yoda and Mace wonder if the Sith have returned whether he was the Master or the Apprentice but they clearly don't know his name. Maybe they could assume he was Darth-something but how would they know the second part was "Maul"?
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Darksaber 3

• Master Force User
« Reply #138 on: March 09, 2012, 06:32:00 PM »
I didn't like it. I would prefer to remember Darth Maul as the awesome [phantom] menacing Sith Lord that Ray Park portrayed him as...now hes reduced to a weak demented pathetic cyborg arachnid?

"Spider-Maul" is just... ...sad...

Oh and how did Obi-Wan even know his name anyway? I just saw TPM 3D yesterday so I'm quite certain that at no point did Maul ever say his name to QGJ or OWK and no one else ever said it to them...at one point QGJ suggests to the Council that he must be a Sith Lord because of his training and Yoda refers to him as a "Dark warrior" and at the end Yoda and Mace wonder if the Sith have returned whether he was the Master or the Apprentice but they clearly don't know his name. Maybe they could assume he was Darth-something but how would they know the second part was "Maul"?
On the knowing it was Darth Maul part, maybe they got the name out of the Viceroy? They were told the name by Sidious. But as for bringing him back to life, and the Clone Wars series as a whole... No thank you. George Lucas hasn't made a good movie since Return of the Jedi was finished, as far as I am concerned.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #139 on: March 09, 2012, 06:40:07 PM »
Your right that Sidious told the Neimodians the name "Darth Maul" but Nute Gunray also knew the name "Darth Sidious" yet even in AOTC [and maybe ROTS] the Jedi Council didn't know that name so clearly Gunray didnt give up Sidious' name so why would he give them Maul's? If he was plea-bargaining he'd rat out the bigger fish to get more favourable terms but if he'd done that then Yoda and Mace wouldnt be wondering which was the Master...and if he didnt rat on Sidious he wouldnt gain anything giving up Maul's name.

I'm not terribly happy with bringing Maul back but I could accept it if he wasn't made to look weak. Why? Just so Daddy's Little Girl's creation Oppress can seem more impressive? Yuk.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 06:49:16 PM by Onli-Won Kanomi »
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline blackluc

• Master Force User
  • Lord Saevius
« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2012, 06:44:37 PM »
I am really disappointed with this...  I mean...  What the xxx was that?

That's not Darth Maul...  That's... something else, something worse than Jar Jar.

French Canadian Sith Lord

Offline Green Ranger

• Formerly known as Darth Payne
  • Master Force User
« Reply #141 on: March 09, 2012, 07:29:33 PM »
That episode was for a lack of better words. Disappointing. Would have been better if he had been in solitude meditating and focusing in his rage CALMLY with an already layed out plan to take down Obi-wan. I don't foresee the next episode being any better.

Offline impa

• Force User
  • I Must Pwn ALL
« Reply #142 on: March 09, 2012, 10:00:45 PM »
I didn't mind it, it is a cartoon after all. A television series needs to adapt and be watchable by a variety of age dynamics. A Darth Maul with 2 robotic legs or 6.. does it really matter? I think it's a interesting spin on the character. Sure they could have gone in a different direction, but it is what it is. Enjoy it :)

FX-Sabers Yoda's Vintage Graflex V - CFv5
Orbital Machining Wat's Obi-Wan Kenobi TPM #36 - CFv5
Harp's Darth Maul TPM battle damage - CFv6.5
RO's Starkiller weathered - CFv7
MH's LS6 ROTJ Luke Hero - PCu1.6
Dark Navel's LS6 ROTJ Luke V2 - PC2.0

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2012, 10:11:21 PM »
anyone else notice it was written by katie lucas?
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #144 on: March 09, 2012, 10:40:39 PM »
Not only noticed but noted Wedge.

...Why? Just so Daddy's Little Girl's creation Oppress can seem more impressive? Yuk...

More of my opinion on Katie's...um...'writing'...on the "Will Anakin's Padawan Die" thread.

I truly dread the thought that when George kicks the bucket SW may end up in Katie's 'creative' hands.  :(
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 10:42:56 PM by Onli-Won Kanomi »

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #145 on: March 10, 2012, 07:40:00 AM »

...Why? Just so Daddy's Little Girl's creation Oppress can seem more impressive? Yuk...

More of my opinion on Katie's...um...'writing'...on the "Will Anakin's Padawan Die" thread.

I truly dread the thought that when George kicks the bucket SW may end up in Katie's 'creative' hands.  :(
I don't know... In the interview with Oprah he said he does not give his kids anything and has no plans to give them anything... If they want something they can work for it like he did....

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2012, 09:56:30 AM »
ironic.    considering the hundreds of artists (thousands?)whose "work" he's actually referring to.    ::) (he didn't do it all by himself)
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline PRINCESS LEIA

• Her Worshipfulness
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Well,Somebody has to save our skins!!
« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2012, 09:57:45 AM »
ironic.    considering the hundreds of artists (thousands?)whose "work" he's actually referring to.    ::) (he didn't do it all by himself)
So very true  :-X

The ability to speak does not make you intelligent-now get outta here
I'm out of it a little while and everyone has delusions of granduer

Offline Green Ranger

• Formerly known as Darth Payne
  • Master Force User
« Reply #148 on: March 10, 2012, 12:52:17 PM »
If it werent for his buddies loaning him the money, he wouldnt have been able to be where he is he today

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #149 on: March 10, 2012, 01:03:17 PM »

I don't know... In the interview with Oprah he said he does not give his kids anything and has no plans to give them anything... If they want something they can work for it like he did....

Right...and he'll give Katie control of Star Wars in his will because of all his kids she is the one who "worked for it" most writing all of those Clone Wars episodes...and Katie will promptly turn Star Wars into magic-fantasy dreck with witches and wizards and spells and voodoo dolls and almost WORSE 'stuff' like spider-borg Sith Lords?

Spider-Maul,
Spider-Maul,
didn't die from a mile fall
Spins no webs,
has crazy laugh,
'cuz Obi-Wan cut him in half...

etc ad nauseum...

...ICK...Unca George must really HATE Star Wars a lot since he apparently wants to let Daddy's Little Girl's dimwitted hack-work DESTROY it...

retrousse