fiduciary

Author Topic: Darth Maul is back (Officially)  (Read 52380 times)

Offline Rats

• Experienced Force User
  • I require a more suitable host body
    • Hemlock Saber Designs
Darth Maul is back (Officially)
« on: October 12, 2011, 08:58:01 AM »
Saw this article this morning: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/10/12/star-wars-clone-wars-darth-maul/. Looks like Darth Maul did in fact survive being chopped in half. What are everyone's thoughts on this? Personally, provided they give a decent backstory to how he could have survived, I'm pretty excited. To me, Darth Maul was always the Boba Fett of the Prequels: one of the coolest characters despite having almost no lines who doesn't do much onscreen and dies like a punk. I'm curious to see where they go from here.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 02:31:53 PM by Rats »

hemlocksaberdesigns.yolasite.com

Offline GreyJedi

• Master Force User
Re: Darh Maul is back (Officially)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 09:05:36 AM »
Yep, lets just shoe horn as many characters into this series as possible no matter if it makes sense or not...

Whats next, teenage Han Solo and Chewie?   ::)

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 09:06:35 AM »
Well, perhaps we can get DM himself to chime in with his opinion of his sudden ressurrection. Lol.

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

Offline Darth Xylon

• Formerly known as codek5
  • Experienced Force User
  • For the guilty, there is no escape from my justice
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 09:38:09 AM »
i dont even care how they do it, my favorite character is coming back, UHHH WIN FOR ME!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Drazel O'Thumos

• Formerly known as forcepractitioner
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 09:49:03 AM »
This is most intriguing indeed... this is really puzzling....I only hope that they won't do something too stupid and too unlikely (like in the Visionaries comic in which you see a "cyborg" Darth Maul return on Tatooine).  >:(  How can one survive that? Being cut in half by a plasma beam and falling from a hundred meter distance does not leave many options...  :P ::) I think that the only likely scenaristic possibility (within the narrative framework of the SW Universe)  would be : cloning. Palpatine might had somehow "foreseen" that fateful end and taken a blood sample from Maul (note that Sidious/Palpatine takes pride in "foreseeing" everything and relishes in mocking his former master -Darth Plagueis- because he couldn't predict his own betrayal,  but ironically he ultimately proves to be unable to notice his own apprentice's thoughts of rebellion and betrayal ::) ???).

By the way, speaking about the return and surgical rehabilitation of characters in the SW Universe, there is something that I keep wondering about and I think that this is the opportunity for me to ask that question to all the SW Fans here. In the case of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader, who had both his legs and his arm cutt off by a heated plasma beam (which produces very clean and instantly cauterized wounds), why didn't Palpatine use the cloning facility to simply grow new organic limbs from a sample of totipotent or multipotent cells taken from the remaining tissues on Anakin/Vader's body (sorry I do not know the apt word in English - English is not my native language)????  ??? ::) I mean: in the SW Universe, if they have the technology to grow complete organisms from cells (as is the case for clones), then WHY couldn't they (or is it maybe a matter of will rather than of technical feasibility?!) grow new differentiated tissues and ultimately new limbs that would then be grafted onto injured bodies?

« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 09:51:58 AM by forcepractitioner »

Offline Son of suns

• Force User
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 09:49:51 AM »
If you read the article filoni makes a very good point. The Dark Side of the Force is the path to many abilities some consider to beā€¦unnatural. We have no idea how long or how well Darth sidious trained Darth Maul in the ways of the force. I love the way this series gives writers (other than GL) the ability to tell new stories using our beloved characters.
Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.

Offline vulcan fox

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 10:01:54 AM »
interesting and fun.? :)

Offline Juansith

• Master Force User
  • The Leeroy Jenkins of the bidding wars
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 10:05:51 AM »
This article is a bunch of nonsense, Darth Maul died, period.

So what, suddenly SW becomes Harry Potter and Maul used some Skelegro potion?.What, did he made some Horcruxes and conjured a spell to regain his dead half?.

Books and cartoons dont count, only the films. Boba Fett Died, Darth Maul died, the Emperor Died, Greedo Died, The Rancor died, those Ewoks died and that monster chess figure died.

Offline Nero Attoru

• Master Force User
  • Suns of the Force
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 10:12:11 AM »
I would complain about this as well, but it's been established that characters (especially darksiders) can survive being cut in half - Maw from Jedi Knight anyone?

When it comes to the Clone Wars, I just watch it like I watch a Michael Bay film.  You gotta just appreciate the coolness factor, and filter out the rest... it's a kid's show anyway.

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 10:26:48 AM »
I think much like Maw, you're going to find that none of his important vital organs were affected by the injury and the cauterization would indeed stop the bleeding.  So what's to say Maul didn't find something to grab hold of on his way down?  If Anakin and Obi-Wan can manage to throw a grapple and then swing into an open turbolift door with Palpatine hanging from their ankles, I'd say grabbing hold of a pipe when you weigh half of what you did a minute ago isn't that hard of a feat.

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

Offline Darksaber 3

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 10:34:20 AM »
Darth Maui died, period. As far as I am concerned, anyways. I absolutely despise this "Clone Wars" TV show, and refuse to watch it, ever. Not only is it animated, which frankly takes away from most of the awesomeness that was Star Wars, for me, but George Lucas is just trying to shove as much crap into it as he can to make it sell better, in my opinion.

Of course, Maul was one of the only things I liked about TPM, but that was mostly because he was so quiet and had a very mysterious, but powerful presence. Having him come back in a cartoon kind of ruins that for me.

Offline wickachu

• Padawan Learner
  • w00t
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 10:56:44 AM »
Books and cartoons dont count, only the films. Boba Fett Died, Darth Maul died, the Emperor Died, Greedo Died, The Rancor died, those Ewoks died and that monster chess figure died.

next you're going to tell me santa isn't real...   >:(

seriously the funniest thing i've heard all week.  ;D

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 10:59:33 AM »
Terrible.   >:(

The mistake to kill maul too early on was already made. The damage was done a decade ago.  Trying to reverse his apparent death kills TPM.  It makes the six movies seem like a soap opera where they keep killing off people only to have them miraculously survive. 

Let me guess.  He has a spider wheelchair like was saw in wild wild west. :P

In my mind Boba Fett died in the Sarlac.  End of story.  That was another huge mistake.  Bob a should have died in ROTJ and it should have been a climactic death.  Maybe by solo since they had a little backstory together.  It would have been sweet justice.  Not an accidentl death by ooops, sorry dude I hit your jetpack.  Blaster shot to the head. Something.  Anything.

Dear george,

Please stop killing Star Wars.  You had a good thing going.  Just stop now.   :'(

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 11:11:18 AM »
OH COME ON!!!!!! :D  

But seriously, I'm gonna wait till Wedge chimes in before I decide how I feel about this.  :D

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 11:13:11 AM »

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

retrousse