fiduciary

Author Topic: Blaster Core 3.0 discussion and info center  (Read 40734 times)

Offline Avvatar

• Boots Buttered Toast to AWESOME
  • Experienced Force User
  • Making CF boot's like a mad man...
Re: Blaster Core 3.0 discussion and info center
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 10:46:46 AM »
How do you jam a blaster?
- open the jam, spread it, close the jam (butter on CF, jam for BC). I use raspberry

you asked...

"They've Jammed our radar blaster, and it's raspberry.  Only one person would dare give me the raspberry...

LONESTAR!!  "   -Dark Helmet

/threadjack

Can't wait for this to get underway!!!  2011 is the calender year I plan to finally make a DL-44...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 08:57:47 AM by Avvatar »

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 01:45:21 PM »
firmware is almost done. I had a big plan of videos played in the audio player (audio + video) however, I can't control the videos in the way I'd like, so it would bring more troubles than something really usable.

However, the version with the screen will come with a set of boot videos and a screen saver.  I've done my best so that, even if it's not configurable in just a click, I will still be able to customize video media for the customers, or (if I find the proper software for that), to send an archive of the SD to upgrade.

Ideally, I'll collect soon enough (thanks to some external graphic help) some boot up sequence of the board looking like "computer/system start", imperial / rebel logo, magic ring video, plecterlabs into etc.
All those media will be store, then accessed in the blaster core configuration file.

Of course, the logo/video/animation can be different in each sound bank / "weapon style".

Note : upgrading / changing those media require some hacks. Not that I'll retain info about that but it's already difficult enough to configure the board with so many options so I'll probably do that myself.
I'm testing different computer systems right now, overall it seems that it's easy on WinXP, but can't be done in a simple way with vista or 7.

the current screen saver I've selected is a little animation ala matrix style, with the letters "waiting" appearing at the bottom, once the matrix has scrolled down.
I'll video that as soon as I'm done with the new bank selection menu (trying to pimp that a bit too)

Offline saber-light

• No Force
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2010, 02:11:58 PM »
So I don't distract Erv from his duties, anyone know if the BC board also does lightsaber sound effects, or is it just for blasters/ray guns?  If it's just for blasters, what board is available for lightsaber sound effects?  Also, anyone know the physical dimensions of these boards so i know whether they'll fit in my hilts/tubes?

Thanks!  Keep up the awesome work Erv!

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2010, 02:19:30 PM »
not even distracted !  ;)

sounds are configurable (version 3 has RAW, next version will be WAV). You'll find info about the board size on the item's page on my website, as well as the user's manual for more details about interaction modalities with the board.

now for the good news, I'm compiling a set of tools so that people can even build up their own media for the mini screen, OR just to have SD physical images assembled by me, then emailed. Hopefully that will be using a pair of free software.

edit : new board is for now 47x27 mm. Slightly longer than v2, however, it embeds the footprint for smd resistors for each output (ray and bargraph).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 02:31:54 PM by erv »

Offline saber-light

• No Force
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 08:55:04 PM »
Wow, didn't even break your concentration!   :)  So does the BC product replace the Crystal Focus Saber Core product?

Offline gchu149

• Master Force User
  • Now we are cosmic friends forever, ok?
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2010, 09:01:13 PM »
Wow, didn't even break your concentration!   :)  So does the BC product replace the Crystal Focus Saber Core product?

Of course not! Blaster Core doesn't have the motion sensing technology that Crystal focus has.  Erv means that you can put any sounds you want in Blaster Core, including lightsaber sounds, but the two soundboards are completely different.
de CF
Click the link to view my collection at the very bottom of the page:
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=20080.msg330140#msg330140

Offline saber-light

• No Force
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 10:04:18 PM »
Ahhhh, understand now.  So I noticed the CF boards aren't available either.  Anyone want to volunteer to solder boards for Erv to get these things out quicker???  (only partially joking).  I'm dying to get my hands on both.

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 10:18:02 PM »
taken care of (thanks for the concern !)  ;)

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=25641.0

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2010, 10:27:31 AM »
a video with the details of the new features for the mini screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6xRNBOeJw4

some pics (more representative of what you see in person, the camera captures some flicker that your eye won't see).

boot animation (special thanks to xl97)

Screen Saver ala matrix
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 06:02:41 AM by erv »

Offline Darth_Dadderall

• Force User
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2010, 10:39:37 AM »

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2010, 09:18:02 AM »
Thanks !
good (unexpected) news, my barrel leds arrived this morning. So I can wire it up all together even if the satellite board isn't there (for now it's a mockup with 6 power extender and off the shelf parts). Expect a full demo soon.

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2010, 06:04:28 AM »

Quick glance part II with color ray selection and proper handling of the clip in/out effect. Clip out is also unjamming the gun. Demo was made with the jam parameter set to 10 (quite huge, probability of 1 out 10 to get it jammed).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o92pZBY_mI

Offline Luis Rojas

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2010, 08:11:37 AM »
That looks awesome, I really want one. Again you blow our minds (at least mine). Seeing this I have and Idea for the next blaster core/crystal focus boards... How about interaction between them? For example if you fire a blaster core near a crystal focus it will trigger the blaster blocking in the crysrtal focus. Or if you activate the force push of a CF near a blaster core the BC will play a sound of a scream, or it will jam the BC or something similar. Or you could have a "hidden message" for loyal users of both technologies. I know that you will need a transmiter/receiver in both boards but it was just an idea that could work well in omnisaber (and in a near future in omniblaster) ...just thinking in loud voice.
Again, nice work Erv.

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2010, 01:07:27 PM »
it would involve a RF transceiver in each unit and a sort of laser tag unit. We using RF gear and parts at work but I don't think it will end in a BC retail product. However, effect would be cool.

Satellite board is almost there, I'm routing it, then I'll order a few PCBs. I'm definitly in release mode.

[addon]
finished routing, I'll try to order the PCBs today. Sat. board is about 18.5x37.5mm.
Cost will be about the cost of 6 power extender or slightly above (more parts) ie 28-30€
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 02:19:02 AM by erv »

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2010, 04:07:40 AM »
PCBs of the satellite board ordered (20 of them).

also, from a customer discussion  : the clip in/out info will have a selectable logic polarity like NO or NC (like the switch settings on Crystal Focus). This to accommodate optical sensor that would provide a NO output only. It will make the system much more flexible with the possible use of a large range of switches, including NO/NC limit switches, optical proximity switches and classic tactiles (turned as latching ones when the clip is installed).
I'll code that firmware modification this afternoon.

I also tested most of the video animation I'll provide with the mini screen (again, shout out for XL97 for that !!), now I just have to prepare the list of the video access commands for the configuration file of blaster core and finalize the default package. User's manual of V3 will follow later (I have to rush certain things for the lab before the end of the month).

retrousse