fiduciary

Author Topic: whats your Favorate jedi in Clone Wars Animated Series and why?  (Read 13064 times)

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
  • Impressive..... most Impressive!
Re: whats your Favorate jedi in Clone Wars Animated Series and why?
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2013, 06:21:16 AM »
She has definitely grown as a character over the series and character development is good so I hope that Disney will realize she still has story potential even though she's not a Jedi anymore.

Indeed she might be a MORE likely subject to do future projects about precisely BECAUSE she's not a Jedi anymore, and may therefore have survived the Jedi massacres during Order 66 eh?

She could conceivably even reappear in Ep VII - IX; since she was so young during the Clone Wars she could still be around to rejoin Luke's restablishment of a NEW Jedi Order perhaps?

I don't think ahsoka leaving the jedi order would have been permanent, more likely a plot line seeing her do a covert mission so anakin would not be involved, then eventually returning, she's a main character in virtually every episode, with her gone from the jedi it would be difficult for her to be main part of the series.
But that no longer matters thanx to Disney.
I don't know, i gotta bad feeling about this!

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2013, 08:29:55 AM »
Can't really pick.  Ahsoka is definitely one of my favorites, as is Obi Wan.  Assuming we are giving Anakin the benefit of being a Jedi in the series, I have to say, I love Anakin too.  Clone Wars Anakin, to me, is what Prequel Anakin should have been and a lot of the value of the Clone Wars, to me, is giving me the ability to see Anakin from that perspective.

Baddies, oh that is tough :D.  Asajj Ventress is spectacular, Cad Bane is, indeed, awesome, Hondo the pirate who seems to have a secret soft spot for the Jedi, the returned Maul, Grevious and, surprisingly, I really love Clone Wars Dooku.

I know this isn't the thread for it, so I will keep it brief, but I could never reconcile AOTC and, especially ROTS Anakin with TPM Ani, nor was his "fall" believable to me in the way it occurred on screen :'(.  Now in the books, they make you understand more of how and why it happened, and in TCW I think you see some of that as well as the side of Anakin's character that would allow Darth Vader to be redeemed at the end.

The Clone Wars did such a great job of really building deep characters.  The writing team was top notch and the voice actors were all, absolutely, spectacular. 

I think this is what bugs me so much about the Disney decision to cancel the show.  I do not think they realize the absolute importance of the series historically.  It has brought Star Wars to a new generation, while feeding the old generation's need for something during the movie drought.  Kids today that might find the OT boring or "campy" are loving the Clone Wars.  It has allowed an intergenerational bonding which is why it is such a great family show.

If you are upset by the decision (like I am), follow hashtag #SaveTheCloneWars and handle @SavetheCloneWars on Twitter.  All the addresses and phone numbers for both Disney and Lucasfilm are being given out and people are writing letters, making phone calls, and tweeting #Disney and #StarWars.  Who knows?  If enough fans let them know our displeasure, maybe they will at least bright the voice actors back to finish the series which had a couple of more seasons leading right up to ROTS.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 08:33:43 AM by LUMINARA UNDULI »

Facebook: VVFB

Offline scottjua

• Master Force User
    • Scott and Tem Photography
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2013, 09:37:04 AM »
I love Ahsoka

Admire obi Wan as a Jedi role Model

But

I like CW Anakin the most. His is a tragic story and while the movies make a sham of his character the CW makes it believable. I see why he felt betrayed and turned on the Jedi to a degree. They always treated him with less trust than the others. The Ahsoka debacle was one of the last nails in the coffin on Anakin giving rise to Vader.

His character in CW is complex and has lots of layers. Not so much in the movies.

If only the movies had done half as good a job.

Hasbro Darth Vader Removable Blade
OR Qui Gon CFLS w/Makoto Green
MR Luke V2 LE
MR Qui Gon LE
EFX Ahsoka
Real Parts Obi Wan ANH (90%)

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
  • Impressive..... most Impressive!
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2013, 04:56:04 PM »
I agree ani in CW is way better than the movie version.
I don't know, i gotta bad feeling about this!

Offline Asoka Tano

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2013, 10:46:44 AM »
by far ahsoka tano. she is brave and willing to learn, and is the perfect antidote to anakin's rash personality. i feel like she sees through him in ways others don't (clone wars last season where she leaves the jedi order). She feels cheated by the Jedi order and is not afraid to do what she thinks is right, even if that means leaving her old life behind her and exploring new things.
VV Kanan Jarrus ("Dume")
VV Obi Wan CW ("Negotiator")
VV Sith Acolyte

Offline theta03

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2013, 06:48:49 PM »
If I would chose I would say obi-wan, mainly because Obi-Wan is my favorite Jedi, but honestly can not say because I only have the first season of the new clone wars series and really haven't been able to watch the rest of them; though I do have the orginal clone wars series they did I do not really remember any of that series

Offline Satele Shan

• Formerly known as alessandra
  • Master Force User
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2013, 07:28:18 PM »
I'm working my way through the series now, and I really do like Ahsoka a lot, she's independent and a little headstrong, but she's young. I think she's a great character and I always enjoy Ahsoka-centric episodes.

I just generally like Asajj Ventress. Not that Maul had much of a personality in the movies, but I find Asajj way more interesting and villainous. ;D

Offline Sanjuro

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Sanjuro Systems
    • Sanjuro Systems
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2013, 07:31:25 PM »
I'm working my way through the series now, and I really do like Ahsoka a lot, she's independent and a little headstrong, but she's young. I think she's a great character and I always enjoy Ahsoka-centric episodes.

I just generally like Asajj Ventress. Not that Maul had much of a personality in the movies, but I find Asajj way more interesting and villainous. ;D

I also enjoy Ahsoka's character.  In many ways, she is the main character.  The series starts with her, and ends with her.  I really liked to see how she developed, and you can see her skills grow as a Jedi with each episode.

Respectfully,
Sanjuro
SANJURO SYSTEMS - Custom Lightsaber Stands, Custom Chassis Disks for Lightsaber builds, and other related items.

My Business - Home

Japan Lightsaber Dueling Guild, Founding Member

Offline Darth Maledictus

• No Force
  • Saber Staves rule
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2013, 06:26:25 AM »
My favorite would have to be Pong Krell. Although he was a terrible Jedi, the thought of wielding two Saberstaffs gives me chills. The good kind of chills. The kind of chills you get when you think something is badass and you wish you could do it yourself, but you know you can't because you don't have four arms.

retrousse