fiduciary

Author Topic: The the0ry on Luke  (Read 2784 times)

Offline jedi.the0ry

• Force User
  • Saber Master
The the0ry on Luke
« on: January 20, 2006, 08:10:54 PM »
 Well. I must say some will call this review biased because I am 1.) A Luke saber supporter over any other saber, and 2) it's my first FX. Say what you want, but I have frequently used my friends' Anakin ROTS and Vader ESB, so I am not someone just supporting something because I am a newbie idiot. Now, onto the review.

First Impressions
 Of course, I was excited to come home and see my parent had been delayed from going out until after the FedEx truck came, because I wouldn't be writing this otherwise. Out of the box, I was surprised at the in person look. I have only seen pictures before, so I was extremely impressed with the in-person look despite the fat neck and fake ignition switch. But, those are only minor details. 9/10

Ignition
  Now, the fun part. I opened the battery pack and proceeded to insert the 6 AA batteries, which I consider is drawback because the new Vader, Mace, and Anakin only need 3. Though, I'm not surprised why it needs so many. Upon flicking on the ignition, a very bright green blade took the place of the white one, and the sound was dead on. To check, I put on Return of the Jedi and proceeded to watch the entire film with my new saber. When Luke first ignites his lightsaber, so did I, and the sound was almost dead on (sounded like a slightly different recording than the one from the Jabba's Barge fight. Clear, clean sound and a bright blade. 9/10

Other things
  The weight on this saber is phenominal. Compared to my friend's Anakin, I'd much rather duel with my new Luke than his because the Luke ROTJ is, as many know, a lot lighter. I was able to execute almost every saber spin I could think of without dropping it or hitting something, whereas I was more refined with the Anakin and Vader. Also, the sensor is very, very responsive. I tapped mine against my dad's padded leather chair and it responded with a clash everyime, even in rapid sequence, something the Anakin and Vader I have experienced did not. 10/10

Overalll: 95%

Final Conclusions
  Truely magnificent saber. I wuold recommend for any FX dueling desires. I am glad to have chosen this over the others from the MR site at this point, but I know I will be adding those to my collection at some point.

Offline Sonikku

• No Force
  • Death to the Jedi!
Re: The the0ry on Luke
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 11:14:28 PM »
Great review.  It's my opinion that some of the other sabers, like the new Vader are nice to look at but not for using. Luke's is a no-nonsense working saber, and I'm glad to have one by my side.  I decided to get a Luke saber over a ROTS Anakin with comfort being the deciding factor. I figure the OB1 FX will be a easy-to-handle blue when it gets released. 

Allow me to take you to a place were battle rages across a torn galaxy and evil transcends imagination...

Offline jack3auer

• Do or Do Not there is No Try
  • Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 08:43:46 AM »
the luke is indeed comfortable to hold..  the anakin ROTS is surprisingly comfy to me.  i dont think that the vader ESB is renowned for its comfort but its not to bad.  if you hold a mace ROTS by the grips, thats pretty uncomfortable, i tend to hold my mace near the end of the grips with my thumb and forefinger around the gold central band.  this is also how windu holds his in chancellor palpatines office in ROTS.

Offline zhuneycutt

• Padawan Learner
  • "you don't know the power of the dark side!!"
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 10:39:35 PM »
I just got my new Luke ROTJ today and i must say that it is now my favorite. I have three, Vader ESB, MACE ROTS and now Luke ROTJ. Like the original poster i was surprised at how much lighter it is compared esp. to Mace. Plus it is very comfy to hold, plus the surface area where you old it is very open, ie no protruding boxes or anything. Also the rings make for excellent grip. It is also the brightest as noted several time on this board. Very cool indeed!

Offline DarthArn

• Master Force User
  • They'll do their job. I guarantee that...
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 04:35:30 AM »
 i really dont believe luke's saber has realistic sounds(on), because mentioned in another theory, it is the same sound when he turnns it on on Jabbas barge, but it is more of a sharp-low toned hiss.

- Custom Saber Shop Luxeon
-UltraFX Luxeon

retrousse