fiduciary

Author Topic: My First review Of a FX Lightsaber Luke AHN  (Read 4290 times)

Offline vader445

• Force User
My First review Of a FX Lightsaber Luke AHN
« on: January 14, 2008, 02:18:51 PM »
Ok. This is my first review of a  force fx lightsaber. Sorry that pics will not be invovled because i do not have a  digital camra.

My Story:
I have always wanted a Luke AHN Forcr Fx LightSaber to go with my Vader ESb. I have wanted one since it came out, but never had the money. then came Christmas of 2007. My mom does not see what i and you see with these. My dad does since he greow up with star wars. He got me one for Chirstmas and for the rst of the day i could not put it down.

Box: 10/10
I like the way Mr had Designed the box to it. It looks more sleeker than the Vader ESB. I like how it looks like the saber is on glass or somthing like that. when i first saw the box in stores i always thought it look smaller, but it eneded up being th same size as the Vader ESB. Overall i like the box.

Saber out of Box: 10/10
i was impressed with the saber when i first held it in my hands w/ the cold metal feel of the hilt. This is the first time  i actully for the first time have a replica of my favorite hilt of the star wars saga. I was Happy with first impression.

Hilt: 9/10
The aluminum hilt is a plus since fingerprints don't show up as much as they did on my Vader ESB. I do agree that the hilt is very Graflex like. It has the accurate Graflex look and feel. I am happy about the fell if the hilt. I had read that after a while that the saber tends to feel plastic like. I DO NOT AGREE WITH THAT. I aslo do not Mined that the glass eye (in this case plasic eye) and the red button being plastic, but i do mind the emmiter ring that holds the blade being plastic. I go to the MR FX's to get away from the plastic. It makes the hilt just a tad toyish. Other than that i loved the hilt.

Blade: 10/10
My Luke saber does creek, but i do not mind that since i do not duel with it. I love the brighteness of the blade. It is brighter than my Vader ESB. The LED lights are well fused together and has a little less black spots than my Vader ESB. The up and down effects are a trillion tmes smother than the Vader ESB. Overall I liked the blade and the blade light.

Sounds: 10/10
The sounds are just amazing. Since this is my first Jedi FX Lightsaber i had never heard these recycled sounds before. I like how the saber has more than one clash sound than the Vader ESB had. I love the Humming sound. I can not spot the overlapping of the hummung sound, but i did with the Vader ESB. sound was a lot louder. I loved the saber sounds.

Overall: 9/10
Overall i loved this saber and i can not put it down. MY favorite hilt design ever.

P.S. as you could notice throughout the review that the only Fx i had to copmare the Luke AHN to was The Vader ESB.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 12:22:21 PM by vader445 »
Lightsaber collection:
2005 V1 MR Darth Vader Force FX with tri Cree LED
LDM MKVI-V2 #18
2004 ESB Luke Force FX(dead battery pack but saber works)

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
Re: My First review Of a FX Lightsaber Luke AHN
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 05:02:11 PM »
Hey vader445, nice review: short and to the point.  But I kinda got the blues reading it.  :D :D

I'm glad you like the FX.  This is also the brightest of the blue MR sabers, which is awesome.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 05:14:20 PM by Jedimoves »

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 05:15:57 PM »
 ;D

great review of your saber and congrats!!I love that saber also!! ;)

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 05:49:05 PM »
Great review vader445.  Typical response dad loves it mom doesn't get it.  I've heard that before.  Glad you love your saber.  I hope it gives you many many years of enjoyment.

Offline vader445

• Force User
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 06:42:39 PM »
Thanks for the comments. 8) :D ;) :) :D ;D :-* :-X ::)
Lightsaber collection:
2005 V1 MR Darth Vader Force FX with tri Cree LED
LDM MKVI-V2 #18
2004 ESB Luke Force FX(dead battery pack but saber works)

retrousse