fiduciary

Author Topic: Question about Maul  (Read 9991 times)

Offline azn86.jedi

• No Force
  • ...is J'kaar Salliss-Kaast
Re: Question about Maul
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 04:22:58 AM »
I concur with everyone's opinion. the blades only seem more wobbly when they are together as a staff. aside from that, it's one xxx of a saber...i've dropped it i think a grand total of 5 times thus far (all on grass fortunately), jammed the tip into the ground doing spins because i am soooooo shoooort... and whacked it on a wooded support of the ornings in my backyard when filming a sequence with my friend...and all this while still works....

one note worthy of mention was that the ignition sequence of my sabers went absolutely ballistic when the batteries were low.... don't ever make any of your sabers endure that....

the only thing i didn't like about it was that it was a "turn on" switch not a "press on" switch....which made it difficult to turn on with one hand... which is practically impossible... >.<
Proud owner of:
Luke Skywalker ANH 2007
Darth Vader ESB 2005
Mace Windu ROTS 2005
1 disassembled (2007) / half converted (2008) Luke Skywalker ROTJ 2005
Another Luke Skywalker ROTJ 2005
Obi wan Kenobi ROTS 2006
Anakin Skywalker ROTS 2006
2x Darth Maul Saberstaffs

"I see the Force is strong with you. You are to become... A LIGHTSABER!"

Offline jack3auer

• Do or Do Not there is No Try
  • Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 04:35:38 AM »
i dont understand this.  the maul as far as i can tell was one of the strudiest mounted blades,  the polycarb is extra thick too if iam not mistaken.

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 11:07:28 PM »

the only thing i didn't like about it was that it was a "turn on" switch not a "press on" switch....which made it difficult to turn on with one hand... which is practically impossible... >.<

Two reasons why MR chose this method.

1. To retain the look of the original prop, the buttons used to turn on the saber could not be made into a slider switch because the area of contact was not great enough and after little time the button would have broken off.

2. The way that the saber is handled for spins and dueling, you would see quite more "turn off" accidents with a slider than you ever will with the twist knob.

I'm forever thankful Bryan and MR designed it this way.

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2007, 02:21:12 PM »
As far as the double Maul being wobbly, I think this can easily be corrected with just some tightening of the coupler - or the screw that's inside it.  The first time I assembled mine the saber was wobbly due to insufficient tightening, but after the adjustment, it was great.  The Maul saber is indeed one of the sturdiest FXs.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 02:23:17 PM by Jedimoves »

retrousse