fiduciary

Author Topic: midichlorian tests?  (Read 2602 times)

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
midichlorian tests?
« on: November 10, 2014, 01:57:54 AM »
I just don't get why, when the Empire is so concerned about quashing any possible Force users, they don't simply take a pinprick of blood and count the midichlorians of every aspiring stormtrooper, or for that matter imperial navy academy candidate, BEFORE they ever are enrolled in any training as a cadet?

In which case there would be no need to send an Inquisitor [of which there cant be that many in the Galaxy?] everytime a cadet seems to jump a little too high, shoot a little too straight or seem a little tooooo skillful...simply blood test ALL cadet aspirants on Day One for elevated midichlorian count and BINGO caught the wee potential-jedi no problemo and no need to waste an Inquisitor's valuable time over mere cadets.

Great episode other than that the BASIC illogic of that is almost as bad as "why didn't Sheriff Brody simply unload 6 rounds from his Magnum at point blank range into JAWS brain when it was chomping its way up the sinking rear of the Orca 3 feet from him thus killing it instantly instead of the elaborately risky and too easy to fail 'stick a scuba tank in its mouth and then take long shots sniping at it' nonsense?"

I really really WANTED to like that episode...but that one bit of OBVIOUS stupid writing... -sigh-
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Xene

• Master Force User
  • Sup?
Re: midichlorian tests?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 03:35:34 AM »
Perhaps they (empire) thought that trying to eradicate all knolage  of jedi was the way to go?
"What I lack in finesse I more than make up for in blanket ruination.."

Offline mattattack07

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 08:29:03 AM »
I believe this is the problem with midichlorians that most fans have. It adds some science to a mystical object (The Force). Think of this, why didn't they just clone jedi if midichlorians are in the blood? It also could be on the flip side that the Emperor didn't allow Inquisitors to know about midichlorians (remember Inquisitors are not sith).

Offline Darkjedi

• Master Force User
  • I love Star Wars so much ,I married her!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 11:05:46 AM »
I think the greedy Emperor didn't want any one else knowing about them,midichlorians. I'm sure he hid all his knowledge from his underlings. Only Anikin was allowed some knowledge.

He trained Maul to be his " hand" a tool to reach out and crush his enemies. Even though he was dubbed " Darth"and had some Sith training, how much knowledge was he truly given?

It was still an half entertaining episode.

Offline djobitwan7

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 07:13:05 PM »
I just don't get why, when the Empire is so concerned about quashing any possible Force users, they don't simply take a pinprick of blood and count the midichlorians of every aspiring stormtrooper, or for that matter imperial navy academy candidate, BEFORE they ever are enrolled in any training as a cadet?

In which case there would be no need to send an Inquisitor [of which there cant be that many in the Galaxy?] everytime a cadet seems to jump a little too high, shoot a little too straight or seem a little tooooo skillful...simply blood test ALL cadet aspirants on Day One for elevated midichlorian count and BINGO caught the wee potential-jedi no problemo and no need to waste an Inquisitor's valuable time over mere cadets.

Great episode other than that the BASIC illogic of that is almost as bad as "why didn't Sheriff Brody simply unload 6 rounds from his Magnum at point blank range into JAWS brain when it was chomping its way up the sinking rear of the Orca 3 feet from him thus killing it instantly instead of the elaborately risky and too easy to fail 'stick a scuba tank in its mouth and then take long shots sniping at it' nonsense?"

I really really WANTED to like that episode...but that one bit of OBVIOUS stupid writing... -sigh-

I believe that not all Jedi were aware of midichlorians. Plus, after being eradicated......not even Luke knew of them (I think). This certainly was not in any of the novels (I've read almost all of them) and he did a different kind of testing. I believe he put his hand on their heads and if the force was present, the hand jumped back involuntarily.

retrousse