fiduciary

Author Topic: Removing an Activation Box  (Read 1897 times)

Offline Msby

• Experienced Force User
Removing an Activation Box
« on: June 25, 2007, 03:28:20 PM »
Okay, as the title suggests i'm trying to figure out a way to remove the activation box on my Anakin ROTS, that itself will be no problem, but making it look good afterwards is what i have an issue with

a quick edit in a photo program shows what it should look like afterwards

so, what i'm trying to say is, after i remove the box that houses the switch, does anyone have ideas on what i can put in it's place to fill up the hole?

And, doing this would not effect my decision to add in Ultra's sound board correct?

PS: If you don't know why i wanna do this, take an Anakin ROTS (or any saber with the box) and do a Basic spin about 6-7 times  :P

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
Re: Removing an Activation Box
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 10:48:51 PM »
Where are you wanting your switch to be?

Offline darthmaddy

• formerly known as Darth Malak
  • Master Force User
  • BATMAUL
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 10:57:54 PM »
I have no idea.  I had the same problem at one point, but never came up with a solution.  Maybe just a flat panel of metal bolted on?
I'm not wearing hockey pads.

Offline Msby

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 11:16:18 PM »
i'm thinking to put a button instead of where the box is, but how would i change the switch, and would just putting a small piece of metal there using the screws that came with the saber be enough?

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 11:26:40 PM »
You could do that, and go with a momentary sub mini switch if you're going to use ultra's board. You might want to use some different screws though because the stock ones will be too long if you use a filler plate.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 11:28:48 PM by Darth Morbius »

Offline Msby

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 01:10:30 AM »
okay, sounds like adding Ultra's board will be the hardest thing to do, and judging from his DIY instructions, that won't be too bad.

Maybe I should remove the box, send in the saber to have the board installed (when the next run is completed) and then add the new plate myself,

now i'm just thinking out loud!

oh yeah, does anyone know what size screws fit into that box?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 02:52:09 PM by Msby »

retrousse