fiduciary

Author Topic: Graflex...another one bites the dust.  (Read 5371 times)

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
Graflex...another one bites the dust.
« on: February 12, 2007, 04:45:41 PM »
Yippeeee!!!!

Christmas came early today as I got my first saber off of Ebay.  Ani ROTS and a vintage Graflex both came in the mail today.  Photography collectors must have felt a disturbance in the Force as I ripped open the Graflex and pulled all of the guts out.  When I reassembled the empty shell I felt tingles as I held the saber that started it all.  It took a little while to come back to reality as I just stared in awe at this simple piece of metal.  Now the real work begins.

Offline levelnext

• formerly known as levelnext
  • Master Force User
  • you are what you is
Re: Graflex...another one bites the dust.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 04:48:04 PM »
niiiiiiiiice man! feed us some pics please!

how you like your anakin????
On a mission to constantly annoy C3PO!

--:CLICK HERE TO SEE MY COLLECTION:--

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 04:49:06 PM »
lets see some pics bro!!!
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 06:01:51 PM »
Congrats my friend;now pics please!!We all love those pics haha!!DaJoQuim ;D

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 06:12:45 PM »
Luke S. I have two words......very nice!  ;D
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 10:24:07 AM »
You'll have to be patient with the pics as I am a pilot and currently on the road for the week.  Wouldn't you know the toys come on my last day home with no time to play.  The Graflex did get gutted but that's all I had time to do. I was going to bring it with me but I didn't want some overzelous TSA agent to comfiscate it as a replica weapon.  I can see it now.  Could you please tell me where I can purchase an actual lightsaber?????  The don't do much thinking at security checkpoints.  I can only imagine.

As for the Ani when I took it out of the box and played with it, it looked awesome, I can't imagine putting in a Lux.  I think I may leave it as is as I want to put all $ into the Graflex ESB.  I may even put it back on Ebay if the Graf turns out good.As for the Ani review it rapidly went down hill as I opened the vintage Graflex.  In my opinion there is just no comparsion.  This is just my opinion but if I was on the fence about spending the cash for one of Yoda's goodies after seeing this Graflex I would be PMing him right away.  The Graf is spectacular I can't wait to get into the conversion.  I can't imagine it would be great for dueling nor with the Ani as the Graflex clamp is in the way.  I think if I wanted to do some serious dueling I would go to TCSS and get one of theirs.  Overall I am pleased with the Ani it's just dim in the shadow of the Graf.  The Graf even in its present state is remarkable.  I find myself just sitting and staring at it.  Now I really can't wait for Ultra's board!!!!!!!!  Seriously!!!!!!!

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 02:16:15 PM »
Ok call me an idiot but I keep getting an error when I try to attach pics.  I am just attaching them from "my pictures"

Any hints?

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 03:05:57 PM »
normally you need to upload them to a image hoster. they will give you a image tag which you put into your post.
you should really convert the ani. i did using the TCSS kit and let me tell you, it is so much better now than it was stock  ;)

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 03:37:49 PM »
Don't get me wrong I love the Ani ROTS.   And with a an ultra DIY it would be even better and that was my original plan. But now that I am holding the vintage graflex and preparing to do the ESB lux V conversion to me there will be no comparison.  We'll see, but I think it will end up back on Ebay.

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 04:29:47 PM »
Hello there Luke S

Just PM me what your still in need of and I'll get you hooked up with what you'll need 8)

once thiings are in stock of course :D

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 04:31:40 PM »
The Lux V will blow the Anakin away, that you can be sure of. Even the stock Obi-Wan ROTS FX has a much brighter, less blotchy blade by far.

-Joclad
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 04:38:25 PM by JOCLAD DANVA »

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 06:19:41 PM »
 8)Good luck with your saber luke s  !!I'm putting an ultra saber sound board in my home made saber as well!!DaJoQuim :P

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 07:13:13 PM »
Don't get me wrong I love the Ani ROTS.   And with a an ultra DIY it would be even better and that was my original plan. But now that I am holding the vintage graflex and preparing to do the ESB lux V conversion to me there will be no comparison.  We'll see, but I think it will end up back on Ebay.

if you plan to do hard dueling, the ya want the TCSS one. with ultra's you still use the stock blade holder which can shatter in hard dueling. with the TCSS one it ain't a problem 8)

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 07:54:34 PM »
That is not completely true.  YOu can request a premium upgrade if you send them your saber, and they will change the blade holder also.

As far as the Ultra Thick blades, I have taken an ultra thick to a buddies 1 1/4" rattan sword and didn't even affect the lightsaber.  It just kept smiling and asking for more punishment.  LOL...

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 04:39:59 AM »
Doesn't matter anyway as this is a graflex conversion not an FX  ultra. i need all new parts as the graflex is nothing but an empty shell.  and yes the TCSS wold work fine.

retrousse