fiduciary

Author Topic: Master Replicas Yoda ROTS FFX Lightsaber Review  (Read 12006 times)

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
Master Replicas Yoda ROTS FFX Lightsaber Review
« on: March 30, 2007, 12:01:48 AM »
Hello There Folks,  :D

This is my first Master Replicas FFX Lightsaber review. I would have had it out 2 days earlier, but I erased it twice by pressing the back button by accident. I am going to keep the review short because patience with rewriting this is growing just that....SHORT! (I am sacrificing DR. WHO for this, so please enjoy) These are independant reviews. I don't like to read other's reviews so I don't become influenced. I break my review into 4 sections with a maximum 5 point value and a fun value at the end. So let us begin....

MASTER REPLICAS YODA FORCE FX LIGHTSABER

BOX

3 words........TOO MUCH BOX. I am wondering why there is so much box? In my opinion, it is just wasteful. But this is the only thing I didn't like. I like the rest. The other available FFXs, the short backstory for Yoda and the 5th annversary symbol. The grey writing is a nice switch. The packaging is great too.

4/5

BLADE

NICE. I like the brightness. It reminds me of Maul's in respect of lighting up, most likely due to the tightness of the 73 LEDS in there. I wonder if burned one burned out, would we really notice? The blade is I believe almost 1/1 scale....unlike the other blades. (32 inches, except Anakin AOTC, at 34.5 inches to SW.com's 36 inches) It is brighter than most...except maybe Obi-Wan ROTS. But that's my opinion of it. I only feel that it may crack if dueling with it. It appears to be thinner.

4.5/5

HILT

Hmmmm......I have reserved opnions of this hilt. Design-wise, I feel it is really close. Plus or minus some battle scares. But what I do not appreciate is the material. It feels like a toy.....not strong. For example, when I twirled it, I didn't like the strength of the emitter shroud. (I found this to be the best area to twist around with it) I feel that if the emitter was ever hit, it may break off. The nice thing about this one is that guard around the ignition button. It doesn't let you turn it off as easily when using it.

3.5/5

SOUND

All I can say is......DISAPPOINTING. Yes, I realize that Master Replicas has to get permission to add more sounds or "more accurate" sounds.....but please. If they are going to have the title of Master Replicas, should the product be the best? If they could not get the sounds...then WAIT. There are other sabers to make with the old, used up and rehashed sounds. I feel that this issue has been talked about more than a cash register gets used at Wal-Mart. :P I just wanted to hear the metal punching through metal sound that was introduced to us in 1983 by Luke on the skiff in Tatooine. SUCH POWER! Oh well, maybe one day.......That's not my only issue with the sound. It is fuzzier. Sounds like some old B-movie's soundtrack got a hold of the lightsaber sounds.

2/5

OVERALL TOTAL = 14 / 20 (70%)

FUN VALUE

:)

OVERALL OPINION

Well, I like this FFX....for display only. The hilt scares me and the sounds are, well........we've all been down this road before. It looks nice and is great to add to my collection. But I will not buy another one of these guys. Below are some pics I took. Just press "NEXT" on the web page to see more.

http://groups.msn.com/PPAU/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=159

Have A Great Day,

Cin Drallig ;D

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
Re: Master Replicas Yoda ROTS FFX Lightsaber Review
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 03:12:56 AM »
 8)Great review cin and I must say I'll get mine someday when masterreplicas ever decide to send it to me!!Oh well!! :P

Offline levelnext

• formerly known as levelnext
  • Master Force User
  • you are what you is
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 03:54:46 AM »
VERY NICE REVIEW CIN DRALLIG!!   thanks for the info. but where are the pics?  :D

congrats on your new saber!

On a mission to constantly annoy C3PO!

--:CLICK HERE TO SEE MY COLLECTION:--

Offline HAN SOLO

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 10:02:00 AM »
I don't know R2....they were there when I had put the link up this morning...I've attempted in the past to upload them here, but I never could. So I decided to put them on my msn groups page and it usually works....I don't know. ??? :(

Something is not working with my pictures on this site. Unless someone can upload my pics to here, I'll have to keep looking into my msn groups problem. I'll keep you updated.... 8)

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline trexy

• General of the Old Republic
  • Master Force User
  • At last we will have revenge!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 10:07:11 AM »
very good review Cin Drallig, which one do you like better , the luke ROTJ or the Yoda?

Offline HAN SOLO

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 10:13:26 AM »
Thank you for your comments, folks! :D

very good review Cin Drallig, which one do you like better , the luke ROTJ or the Yoda?

Hard call on that one. Even though the Yoda has a more comfortable grip, the clash sensitivity and weight of the blade are at issue with me. (have to hit it hard and the blade is rather light) I would go with the Luke. (My favorite for dueling is the Mace however)

BTW, did you happen to see the pics I attempted to post?

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 10:19:45 AM »
I used the link that you posted, nice pictures.  I think the reason that I didnt get excited about the saber was I knew that I was going to hear the same sounds I have heard before which is  why I went with the Vader ANH release I wanted another saber with different sounds , I do like the saber its an excellant collectors piece and I think its a great addition for those just starting out in the FX line.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline HAN SOLO

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 10:23:19 AM »
Thanks Master Dyas. I feel the same way about it as a collector's piece. Though essential to my collection, I can't see it being more than that.

You got the link to work? Even I can't and it's my web page? ???
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 12:29:00 AM by Cin Drallig »

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline trexy

• General of the Old Republic
  • Master Force User
  • At last we will have revenge!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 10:29:24 AM »
I got the link to work. Nice pictures, I actually liked how the Yoda box looks

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 10:35:01 AM »
Agree I wont miss it from my collection, I have said before a Dooku saber is next on my list
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline Jedi Tom

• Padawan Learner
  • Twisted by the dark side young Skywalker is.
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 08:14:04 PM »
Great review man i liked how you gavbe a score then said a bit thats what i call a review very well done
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 03:06:53 PM by JEDI TOM »

Offline Lord Clueless

• Force User
  • Saber Lord
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 08:15:37 PM »
Nice review, I can't w8 untill my friend-Jedi Tom Purchaces his! ;D

Offline HAN SOLO

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 12:30:39 AM »
Thanks, dudes! Say, maybe PM sycor to see if he has any floaters around.

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 12:36:51 AM »
Nice review and pics Cin.

By the way why does the Yoda FX saber "scare" you?  ???

Offline HAN SOLO

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2007, 12:11:32 PM »
Thank you very much, BigT. :)

Nice review and pics Cin.

By the way why does the Yoda FX saber "scare" you?  ???

What I meant there was the shroud could easily break off from another saber hit. I just don't trust it. I feels fragilee. :(

If I am spending about $120 CDN on it, I really don't wish to send it back within a week. Right now, it's back in the box. (I have to rearrange the SW / Rec room soon)

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

retrousse