fiduciary

Author Topic: Other sabersmith forums  (Read 4521 times)

Offline Dark Lord 4

• Padawan Learner
  • Powerful the dark side is.
Other sabersmith forums
« on: June 28, 2018, 04:40:29 AM »
Does anyone know if there are other sabersmith forums? This forum seemed to be much more active when I ordered my Saber in December. Maybe the angst of Last Jedi that led to Solo's poor box office performance has also cut into interest in high quality sabers.
JM

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
Re: Other sabersmith forums
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 05:55:40 AM »
Isn't this a bit like asking your date if they know someone who kisses better?

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
  • Impressive..... most Impressive!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 06:48:35 AM »
This forums lack ofpost by well established Guild and mining colony member's is the main reason for it's lack of activity, not because TLJ was so bad, it had dropped here before that or TFA was released.
Most Guild and MC members here have opted for rye quick post of social media as that's where the next gen of buyers hang out.
The Rebel Armory is far more active in terms of forum use and posts.
I don't know, i gotta bad feeling about this!

Offline Dark Lord 4

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 07:21:42 AM »
@jbkuma lol. I guess your kinda right. I just want to learn more about my VV Sabers with Crystal Shard 4.5 and future VV releases. I want to know the most active forum. I will still be around here though regardless.

@bombarta Thanks. I will check out the rebel Armory even though my Son and I both prefer the sith. lol
JM

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
  • Impressive..... most Impressive!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 08:38:47 AM »
@jbkuma lol. I guess your kinda right. I just want to learn more about my VV Sabers with Crystal Shard 4.5 and future VV releases. I want to know the most active forum. I will still be around here though regardless.

@bombarta Thanks. I will check out the rebel Armory even though my Son and I both prefer the sith. lol
If you want to know more about VV sabers then join the vault on FB as it's run by VV but! Be prepared to see lots of petty arguments, snide remarks and trolling, which is why I now steer clear of FB saber pages.
I don't know, i gotta bad feeling about this!

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 09:43:28 AM »
If you are specifically looking for stuff from VV, they are mostly on this Forum, when not on FB.

Trolls and Drama Kings/Queens aren’t limited to FB, the Forums have their fair share of them too.  :police:

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline Dark Lord 4

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 09:49:06 AM »
This prob sounds crqzy but I actually don't have a fb account. Lol

Yes whiners and complainers are everywhere.
JM

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 09:56:13 AM »
I don't have a FB either, I stick to forums and. also watch reviews on YouTube. TCSS forums are a good addition to this one if you have any interest in DIY saber building.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline SUPREME LEADER SNOKE

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 10:04:25 AM »
Each “channel” has its unique character and pros/cons.

As for format, the forums format beats social format hands down when it comes to archived, searchable content and information. Social wins at immediate gratification and greater conversation participation.

To K-2’s point all have their fair share of “static.” Filtering is key  :undecided:

Take that ridiculous thing off.

Offline Seth Skywalker

• Padawan Learner
  • That lightsaber... is mine!
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 02:28:33 PM »
I don't have a FB either, I stick to forums and. also watch reviews on YouTube. TCSS forums are a good addition to this one if you have any interest in DIY saber building.
Yay! Some one else like me too. No FB, Instagram Account, or any such thing like that. Good to see I am not the only one! :smiley:

Offline Darkjedi

• Master Force User
  • I love Star Wars so much ,I married her!
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2018, 02:58:28 PM »
Use the search button most of youranswers will be there

Yeah its been quite for a while. :cry:

Offline Yaraell_Ren

• Force User
  • Listen Yaddle, I'm gonna need to borrow your car!
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 07:37:12 PM »
There are some popular/active FB groups like Graflex Addicts and the Vault. But, I continuously find myself coming back to FXS because of the common unmoderated non-sense from those group discussions and the encyclopedic information that are kept alive in this forum 

Offline Jotun22

• No Force
  • You must do what you think is right, of course.
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 11:33:01 AM »
I also do not have any Social Media accounts, especially FB, so while we are few we do exist. I stick to this site and YouTube to get my information. I would eventually like to reach out to some smith's for possible work, one of them being Shameem from YouTube, but he only takes commissions on his FB page. Which is a total shame.

I've also reached out to VV via email and have not received a single response, which is also a shame because I've heard nothing but amazing reviews of their communication.  :cry:
KR/OR QGJ - GGW NBv3
(In the Market for more)

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2018, 06:12:22 PM »
I also do not have any Social Media accounts, especially FB, so while we are few we do exist. I stick to this site and YouTube to get my information. I would eventually like to reach out to some smith's for possible work, one of them being Shameem from YouTube, but he only takes commissions on his FB page. Which is a total shame.

I've also reached out to VV via email and have not received a single response, which is also a shame because I've heard nothing but amazing reviews of their communication.  :cry:

VV currently isn’t taking full custom commission work. Their backlog is a couple of years long.

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline Jotun22

• No Force
  • You must do what you think is right, of course.
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2018, 02:37:40 PM »

VV currently isn’t taking full custom commission work. Their backlog is a couple of years long.

Ah I see, well thank you for the information. Guess I'll just keep my eyes peeled for one to pop up in the Trade Federation.
KR/OR QGJ - GGW NBv3
(In the Market for more)

retrousse