fiduciary

Author Topic: Luke v2 prodigal son Crystal reveal  (Read 3448 times)

Offline Darth Solace

• Master Force User
  • Luminous beings are we...
Luke v2 prodigal son Crystal reveal
« on: August 21, 2015, 07:41:13 PM »
Hello friends.
Haven't posted in a while. Life is insanity. I have found the time however, to build my "unicorn" saber. A luke v2 has been at the top of my want list since I started building, almost a decade ago. I received mis machined prodigal son parts from a former Saberforge employee, which did not come with the crystal reveal parts. I got those from justinmars, my brother in more ways than one. I reshaped the hilt by hand to my liking, and used a flat black paint and hand weathered the hilt, baking the finish on. The toughest part of the install is fitting all of the electronics in the hilt, as the grenade section housed the spring, and so could not be used for electronics. After attempting assembly multiple times, with multiple fails, I finally got it down, and I'm very pleased with the results. Let me know what you think.
It has a prizm 3.5, a R/g/rB tricree from justin, and a stock TCss replica clamp. Eventually Id like to change the lever, and kill key to be more screen accurate.
Pics

In wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself.

Offline Darkjedi

• Master Force User
  • I love Star Wars so much ,I married her!
Re: Luke v2 prodigal son Crystal reveal
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 05:16:47 AM »
Great build! I'm sure it took a while, to find the right parts.

Well you gonna join the V2 club now ;) :jedigreen:

Your weathering looks the way it should look used. It is really awesome. Since was meant to be a ROTJ Luke model. You did a great conversion.

Not screen accurate in the weathering but in the same method. The way a V2 should look.

You really got me into the V2 groove ;D
I get you on the lever and kill key. Far and few between . I have faith in you that you find them
Jedi :yoda:

retrousse