For those that enjoy talking with friends on both forums of the Galaxy, but get frustrated when writing up a beautifully-formatted post only to have to basically re-do it somewhere else, this tool is for you! Introducing Naigon's Forum Conversion Tool.What is it?
A simple online tool hosted off saberigniter.com that allows posting IRA forum code and converting it to FX/TCSS forum code. While quite new, I've been testing it extensively with my past few posts to ensure things are working, and am now ready to release to everyone.How Does it Work?
Just follow these simple steps to creating a great looking post in multiple saber forums:
- Create your post as you would normally at the IRA (or any ProBoards site).
- Right before submitting, copy all the text from the "BBCode" section.
- Click "Create Thread"
- Go to http://saberigniter.com/forumconversion.aspx, and paste your text into the window. (figure 1)
- Hit "Convert"
- A new box will appear that has the new forum code. Select all this, right-click and hit copy. (figure 2)
- Go to the target forum (such as FX) and create a new thread.
- Paste the text into the code box
- Adjust anything you want, then submit.
Figure 1 - Go to Naigon's Forum Conversion to paste the text from the Proboards site.
Figure 2 - After clicking convert the new code will appear. Notice that the styling elements have been updated but the text is preserved!What Does It Cost Me?
The price is an affordable $0. I made this because I wanted it for myself and wanted to give something back to the community that was a good gesture to all.Any Drawbacks?
You have to create the post in the IRA (proboards) and then paste it to the other forums like FX. This is because I prefer the IRA's editing rules (for example, IRA allows divs to be set with widths, allowing setting blocks with margins in them) and want to make a post with all the features, and then just have the tool remove anything that it doesn't understand. I probably won't create the other way because it would be time consuming and honestly if you are posting in two places it shouldn't matter which one the post is written.
I hope everyone enjoys the tool, please feel free to send me any feedback.
Godspeed, and MTFBWY!(PS yes this post was converted by the tool as well!)Converted from the IRA by Naigon's Forum Converter