fiduciary

Author Topic: Simplyprop?  (Read 19749 times)

Offline Mockingbird

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Simplyprop?
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2015, 03:51:52 AM »
There's a very big difference between making and selling "mass production" items like the Mara Jade lightsaber and taking the time to follow through on custom orders. It's easy enough to find the Mara Jade and Starkiller sabers because it seems clear that he has a few standard models, and standard models are easier and cheaper to make.
I contacted him about a custom job, and - like you've heard already - he took the money. Six months later he was "just waiting on a tool to arrive." Six months after that he pretended to have been waiting on me to get back to him about some part of the design (it should be noted that I sent him 360 bitmap renderings and a 3d model. I never received any email. We live in the age of Gmail that will save all of your emails for all time and forever and organize them into threads. I contacted him three times asking what aspects of the design needed to be discussed. He never replied.
The reality is that he defrauded me. My advice to you is this: if you think you're going to spin the chamber with this guy, pay only through PayPal, and report him through PayPal if you don't have something legitimate within 180 days because that's the latest that you can open a dispute on PayPal. If PayPal finds an issue, you'll get your money back, and maybe he'll eventually have his account suspended there as well.

Offline AgonizedCandle

• No Force
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2015, 11:57:52 PM »
I'll add my input here. I ordered a hilt from SimplyProp six months ago. I know, I should have done more research. He hasn't responded to emails and it's too late for me to file a claim with paypal. Be careful who you send your money to! Don't be dumb like me.

Offline TRDNiteLife

• Force User
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2015, 05:49:18 AM »
I'll add my input here. I ordered a hilt from SimplyProp six months ago. I know, I should have done more research. He hasn't responded to emails and it's too late for me to file a claim with paypal. Be careful who you send your money to! Don't be dumb like me.

Contact your bank. Do not just let it go.

Offline smcady

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2016, 07:17:02 AM »
Is this guy officially done with sabers? Suddenly there aren't any decent FUSKS around...

Offline Grigoris

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
    • Zeno Telos Press
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2017, 07:09:56 PM »
I'm selling a SP SK modded by DA with some IA goodness. VV has an SK coming soon. There are other builds out there but they're not on my favorites list.

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2017, 07:25:10 PM »
I'm selling a SP SK modded by DA with some IA goodness. VV has an SK coming soon. There are other builds out there but they're not on my favorites list.

You should post this as a for sale in the Lightsaber section with a couple pics if possible as it won't be seen here as much :wink:

retrousse