fiduciary

Author Topic: Darth Maul is back (Officially)  (Read 52390 times)

Offline Wolfen

• Master Force User
Re: Darth Maul is back (Officially)
« Reply #180 on: March 16, 2012, 09:05:45 PM »
This show just gets worse. I cant believe the Infinities Maul look has been made canon. Obi Wan was way too weak in this. And him and Ventress teaming up was ridiculous. But even taking that team they should have been able to handle the zabraks eadily enough. For me, the Clone Wars are covered by the comics and thats it.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Offline blackluc

• Master Force User
  • Lord Saevius
« Reply #181 on: March 16, 2012, 09:43:38 PM »
I must say I really liked it.  They "fixed" Maul, he's way better than in the first part.

I liked Obi Wan teaming with Ventress, but I think what I enjoyed the most was Obi Wan's sense of humor  :D

French Canadian Sith Lord

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #182 on: March 16, 2012, 10:34:24 PM »
Obi and Ventress sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n...

...hey Obi needs a love interest right? right?

...naw I didn't believe their 'chemistry' either. lol

Sorry Katie but that ill conceived "team up" part of the episode was as weaksauce as Spider-Maul...no way Obi would ever trust Ventress even one inch even in desperate circumstances he knows she is just too duplicitous. I didnt buy it at all.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Free Thinker

• Force User
« Reply #183 on: March 17, 2012, 04:29:43 AM »
Well, I haven't seen the episode yet, but from the comments so far it doesn't sound too promising. I don't really like the idea of Obi-wan and Ventress teaming up, but you could kind of see it coming with recent episodes as she gradually 'softened'.

It makes you wonder what's happened to The Rule of Two in The Clone Wars. At the moment there are five nominally dark side characters (or possibly four now that Ventress appears to have flown the nest). Perhaps in season 5 Sidious will order Count Dooku to restore balance by personally killing off Maul and Oppress. That could be an interesting story, as long as the writers made it a Sith only affair (no more Jedi-Sith team-ups). It would also be an opportunity to show the difference between a pair of marauders and a genuine Sith Lord.

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #184 on: March 17, 2012, 09:29:32 AM »
Well considering the only Sidious and Dooku are Sith I'd say the rule of two is still in effect... Just because you work with the dark side does not make your Sith... Maul is a failure and literally a piece of garbage scooped up off the floor and thrown in a trash heap... something that Sidious would have no use for... and the others have never even been close to becoming Sith...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 01:00:52 PM by KI-ADI-MUNDI »

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #185 on: March 17, 2012, 11:15:37 AM »
Ventress was never more than a Sith wannabe, and Oppress is nothing more than a brute with a red saberstaff. Simply having a red lightsaber doesnt make one Sith anymore than having a blue one made Luke a Jedi before Yoda's training. Dark Jedi often used red sabers too which is all that Ventress and Oppress are.

Darth Maul on the other hand was truly a Sith and his return does pose a problem for the Rule Of Two...he is going to have to kill Darth Tyranus, or DT will have to kill him [or in theory they could both kill Sidious to restore it but I don't see that as likely given their opposite mindsets and Maul would never submit to a former Jedi like Dooku nor would an aristocrat like Dooku to an unrefined assassin like Maul].
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Rats

• Experienced Force User
  • I require a more suitable host body
    • Hemlock Saber Designs
« Reply #186 on: March 17, 2012, 01:56:45 PM »
I got the impression in the way Maul was talking this episode that he no longer considers himself worthy to be considered a Sith. He said he was "destined for so much more" and now he is broken. Sith seem to always have the objective of galactic domination in mind; it seems like Maul now only cares about seeking vengeance. And I'm assuming that even now that he knows he survived, Sidious would no longer consider Maul to be his apprentice or even a Sith, given his failure on Naboo.

Overall, I really enjoyed the episode. I especially enjoyed the fact that when he was informed of the Clone Wars, Maul said something along the lines of "It started... without me," given the impression that even in TPM, he knew before we did what was to come. Very cool.

It also brings me back to wishing Maul hadn't been "killed" in TPM. Because honestly, he could have taken Dooku's place in the other two films no problem and been the figurehead of the Separatist army. The script would have to be modified slightly, but it could have been accomplished quite easily. Sigh. Well, the Clone Wars is the next best thing, I guess.

hemlocksaberdesigns.yolasite.com

Offline Luis88

• Master Force User
« Reply #187 on: March 18, 2012, 02:25:35 AM »
I've been reading darth plaqueis and even though it's part of the EU it makes a lot of sense to me so from what i've gathered there is no rule of two anymore, Palpatine saw the rule as a weakness. Instead of ruling with power he rules with fear. ever since reading that all these sith and 'dark jedi' being involved in the clone wars just makes more sense.  I'm still not up to the part where he recruits maul but im looking forward to it.

I really enjoyed this episode. Part 2 makes part 1 seems so much better when you look at it as a whole. Sam witwer has done an awesome job at bringing darth maul back to life. He even sounds like darth maul from episode 1.

I would of prefered it if maul didnt talk as much to keep that dark assassin vibe to him.

Cant wait for season 5 ;D

Offline Rats

• Experienced Force User
  • I require a more suitable host body
    • Hemlock Saber Designs
« Reply #188 on: March 18, 2012, 07:29:54 AM »
Right you are, Luis. I also forgot to mention that Palpatine also had Mara Jade and Joruus C'baoth in his inner circle, as well as a bunch of other "Emperor's Right Hands." Suffice to say, Palpatine played fast and loose with the Rule of Two.

hemlocksaberdesigns.yolasite.com

Offline Nero Attoru

• Master Force User
  • Suns of the Force
« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2012, 05:13:23 AM »
Right you are, Luis. I also forgot to mention that Palpatine also had Mara Jade and Joruus C'baoth in his inner circle, as well as a bunch of other "Emperor's Right Hands." Suffice to say, Palpatine played fast and loose with the Rule of Two.

Very true.  Not to mention the "Dark Side Elite" you see in the Dark Empire series, his own little team of Dark Jedi miscreants.  When you consider this along with his "Emperor's Hands" and Dooku's employment of Ventress and Oppress, it's pretty obvious how that generation of Sith bent the rules.  Basically to them, as long as you don't explicitly call them "Sith" you're still ok... but then again, wouldn't a Sith be the one to find loopholes like that? ;)

Offline Ramphastid

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #190 on: March 20, 2012, 07:15:22 PM »
The worst idea since the prequels...I pretty much only considered the despecialized OT canon anymore...

Offline JediUlinMarek

• No Force
  • Go Padawan. You must walk a different path.
« Reply #191 on: March 25, 2012, 07:24:52 AM »
Well, I can honestly say that the way they did the episode ticked me off a little. For one thing,  they made Darth Maul look wrong. When the gave him his legs back, they didnt proportion them so he looks FAT! And he supposedly hasnt been eating, so that makes no sense. Second, they didnt even think to have him meet his old master, maybe ACTUALLY come back to the sith to do something about his revenge... I liked seeing my favorite Sith Lord again, but they ruined his amazing legacy in my opinion.
"Most powerful is he who controls his own power."
"It takes a strong man to fall to the dark side, but it takes an even stronger man to stay true to the light."
-Ulin Marek

Offline Lord Xeno

• Master Force User
  • Sith...they mostly come out at night. Mostly.
« Reply #192 on: March 25, 2012, 11:44:42 AM »
I finally caught Ep. 22. Not bad.  "Brothers" was a really sub-par episode for me, especially after "Bounty" which I thought was really good. 

Overall season 4 of TCW was pretty good, with the Krell/Umbara arc being my fave. With that  being an A+, I'd give the Ventress/Bounty Hunter/Maul returns arc a B+.  Sam Witwer as Maul was a huge plus and I agree he even sounded like Peter Serafinowicz's Darth Maul from TPM. This dude *needs* to be Starkiller in the upcoming TV series.  I thought the Obi-Wan using one of Ventress' sabers was pretty cool too, but he did seem too weak during the battle.

We really never got the "rematch" everyone was expecting. A lot of the emphasis seemed to be on Ventress/Savage as opposed to Obi/Maul. I also thought they'd kill Maul off after bringing him back --glad they didn't.

Overall not bad.  I suppose we'll get the Obi/Maul rematch next season with Maul's new curved double-bladed lightsaber, and that's when Maul is finally finished off.   Problem is, they made him seem too powerful for Obi-Wan to handle in "Revenge".  So perhaps it is Anakin who actually does it after Obi once again gets the crap kicked out of him.

Anyway -- hopefully we'll see a Grievous/Maul match before that happens!

Offline ravenseye8

• No Force
  • EyeoftheRaven
« Reply #193 on: June 17, 2012, 05:26:47 PM »
"Brothers" was a waste of an episode, really fillery.  I didn't mind the next one, but I felt Obi-Wan was portrayed too weak.  I don't mind Maul being back, he shouldn't have died in TPM anyway.
Owned:
Madcow's Katana
Madcow's Corran Horn
Jango's Cuprum 3.0
Saber Concept's Verndari
Eastern57's Rapier II
SpaceWindu's Grey Jedi
Makoto's Starkiller V4

Soon: VV Imperial Knight, VV custom build

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
« Reply #194 on: January 22, 2013, 12:40:25 AM »
Wow, no post here in a cool minute  :o

Anyways,  I liked the idea of this arc since Savage's cliff-hanger ending in season 3 when Talzin told him of his brother's survival. It was a little slow to start in Brothers, but Revenge got me amped for season 5s opener Revival. Now here we are, and season 5s Mandalore arc has begun. Maul has "normal" robo-legs, Savage has a new arm to replace the one Kenobi took, and they've thrown in their lot with the underworld and Deathwatch. They seem poised to take Mandalore by force.

Cant wait to see some of the epic fights in store, especially Pre-Viszla vs. Maul, and Sideous vs. the Brothers. As for the latter, I'm anxious to see if and how Maul will somehow survive this confrontation......

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
RomanProps Inception Elite
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex v2.0 (Finn-flex)
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
Pachstore Shadowblade (SWR Darksaber)
VyleOne TCW Asajj Ventress (3-D printed, 1:1)
VyleOne TCW Pre-Viszla Darksaber (3-D printed, 1:1)
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

retrousse