fiduciary

Author Topic: Georgia? / Stone Mountain Meet  (Read 4110 times)

Offline Green Ranger

• Formerly known as Darth Payne
  • Master Force User
Georgia? / Stone Mountain Meet
« on: April 11, 2011, 07:35:49 PM »
Didn't see my region posted. How bout it?

If there are enough to support it. I would like to have a Stone Mountain take over sometime in June. There is a great area in front of the mountain that would be perfect for a meetup. And I happen to live 15 minutes away, and I go myself every week. Working something out with them shouldn't pose a problem.

If there are enough who speak up soon, we could even try and make it sooner. That way the weather would be more pleasant. I might even be able to snag some Mando's to attend as well ;)

We'll see  8)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 07:44:45 PM by Darth Payne »

Offline GreyJedi

• Master Force User
Re: Georgia? / Stone Mountain Meet
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 08:03:54 PM »
I'm in Augusta...too bad you can't do it sooner, I'm moving to DC in early June  :-\

Offline Rhyen Skytracker

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 08:13:51 PM »
I work in Clarkston and live in Covington so both are pretty close to me.  I would like to see how many others we can get to show up.

Offline Green Ranger

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 08:40:46 PM »
I'm in Augusta...too bad you can't do it sooner, I'm moving to DC in early June  :-\

If we can get enough people to speak up early, then we can ;) cross your fingers

Offline Jedigray

• No Force
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 05:18:59 PM »
 I live in Lawrenceville and I'd love to meet up. It would be great to get together with other saber enthusiasts and learn something as well.

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
  • Imperial Royal Arms SaberSmith AmpTrooper Sabers
    • Imperial Royal Arms
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 05:55:54 PM »
I am in Warner Robins! June is kind of out by July may be? I can bring a Merc or two or three and some other Star Wars characters!
What are the rules there on costumes? I know some public places get a little stupid about helmets and whatnot.
So are you a member of the Mercs?

Offline Jedigray

• No Force
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 06:15:15 PM »
 No I'm not a member of any of the groups yet, but when I get some  money saved up I hope to be able to buy/make a Jedi Luke Costume. I've got an Arc-Wave from Parksabers as I've always loved Luke's ROTJ saber and green is my favorite color.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 06:18:33 PM by Jedigray »

Offline Green Ranger

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 07:36:04 PM »
Noone spoke up in time for a June meetup. So this will have to be a July or August thing. Go to the Stone Mountain website and read their policies. There is nothing stating "No Masks". I could call in and schedule a takeover. The shopping village on the opposite side of the walk up trail is the place where we can meet. They have a lot of things to do, it very family friendly. I'm actually thowing a truck club meet there on july 2nd ;)

Like I said in the first post, we need a good size group, wouldn't really be worth it with just a few folk showing up.

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
    • Imperial Royal Arms
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 08:31:14 PM »
Well, I am the Ocmulgee Squad Leader for the GA501st. So, that can help if we want to be able to wear armor or what not.
Heck, if y'all want we can turn this into a full out 501st/Rebel Legion and Mandos event/cookout meetup! Could be a cool
Pre-Dragon Con meet up! Sorry, I may be thinking too big here. I have a tendency to do that!
I really like the idea of a pre-DC meet up!
What do y'all think? If so we just need to get info from them based on the fact that we are the 501st Club and hear for an event.  I bet the would let us have buckets on but I would think blaster would not be allowed unless it has a bright orange tip. Also, I can get this posted as an event on the 501st, RL and Mercs. If you want to turn this in to an event we will even have event badges that my squad makes that we give away free with events that people have trooped with us.
They are cool laminated badges. This could be a fun get together and a great chance to meet a bunch of other geeks in GA!

Offline Green Ranger

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 09:13:23 PM »
I like the way you think. I think BIG as well lol

That would be GREAT! Go on the website, it tells you all about being to reserve huge pavilions for nig events like this. We can even takeover the entire park if we like. Since you are in charge of this area for the 501st, make some calls to the SM management and see what kind of event we can pull off. They are more than willing to let us do something like this, we just need to know when we could, and and how they might want to use this event to their own advantage ;)

I'm down all the way. Get with the 501st, mandos, and the rebel legion and see what you can pull of. I'm also with the rebel legion, so I willl help spread the word. let me know when you have talked to the management at SM to see what date we can set

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
    • Imperial Royal Arms
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 09:37:31 PM »
Sweet! Sounds like a plan. I have to do some calling for another even for the Wounded Warriors at Ft. Benning tomorrow so, I will just put Stone Mount  on the list. Yeah, It is always good to talk with places like this to see if maybe they would be interested in using this for them as well. May get us the pavilion for free!
Once I talk to them we need to figure out dates using the info from SM and looking at the forums for the 501st, RL and Mercs to see when the best open spot for all of them is. That way we can draw in the most people.
So, I guess, that is the next step f before moving on to dates.
Going to be a heck of a good time!!!

retrousse