fiduciary

Author Topic: Bin Adam's Luke ANH-FX Saber VIDEO Review!  (Read 13132 times)

Offline Bin Adam

• Master Force User
  • Muslim Knights: Fighting the Terror Within
    • For Those Who Reflect
Re: Bin Adam's Luke ANH-FX Saber VIDEO Review!
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2007, 02:14:50 PM »
Tyranus,
Peace be upon you
Thanks for asking about the artwork. Curiosity is the door to enlightenment!  ;)
I will post a larger image with explanation shortly.

Bin Adam
The battle outside, starts inside.
"Don't desire to meet your enemy, but if you do be steadfast."

Offline Ulic Qel-Droma

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2007, 02:52:11 PM »
Bin, very nice review. You can really tell when someone is putting effort into and enjoying what they do and you obviously did.

Offline PokerJedi

• Force User
  • AKA Ikslab LeBrok- master Jedi guitar builder
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2007, 06:49:25 PM »
Peace be upon all,
Thanks for the feedback brothers! I tried inserting the code for the YouTube video,

but I didn't see any change  ???  so i just posted the link until I get help figuring it out :-[

I love the looks of this hilt but not the performance so I am sending the Luke back tomorrow and just put money into my Overlord Fund.
Unless and until a new and worthy Lucas-licensed lightsaber vendor comes along, it's all about custom sabers for me moving forward  8)

I'm still waiting for someone to start a "Pimp-my-Saber" video series where enthusiasts not only push the light and sound technology to new levels (built-in color changing, high-end portable sound, wireless sound, USB saber-sound customization/tuning software) but also take hilt design/function to new levels (precious metals, jewels and fine wood inlays, leather, interchangeable parts)  8) ...
Maybe a few good sketches/renderings would kick it off  ;)

Thank you -to everyone for the generous and humbling feedback. What comes from the heart, goes to the heart.
Honestly, all of you were my source of motivation to take the time to dust off my video camera, re-arrange my living room, rally up the wife and kids to be production assistants and "force" myself to edit this  on my day off.
On a production note, I focused on the vocal sound quality by using a wireless lavalier mic and manually adjusted the audio levels. I figured that if I am going to go through all this, then people should not have to struggle to hear what I'm saying which is often the case when relying on a camera or camcorder's built-in, general-purpose mic. So keep that in mind on your next video project.

I really hope to capture detailed video and photos of the Overlord sabers if/when I am honored to possess them.

Thanks again to all who, " keep it real, even when fakin' " as i like to say 

at your service,
Bin Adam

Extremely good review- Well worth the effort & I don't think I could've done a better one myself...
Sound quality, video quality, script (if there was one...) ... all top-notch.

Judging from the performance issues, I don't blame you for parting with that saber & spending the $$ on your future Overlord. {Go Ultra!!!} I didn't even bother ordering a Luke ANH and am now glad I didn't... 

"Pimp My Saber"....  {LOL} What a concept!!!  Maybe we could produce a custom Dooku for the series premier!!!  {Ultra... want a piece of that action???} {Wink-Wink}

That's my 2 Republic credits...  I love my Imperial Knight & can't wait for the Overlord!!! ;D

Tim the PokerJedi

Offline Bin Adam

• Master Force User
    • For Those Who Reflect
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2007, 11:37:26 PM »
Peace be upon all,

- Qel-Droma, you perceive goodness outside of yourself because it is within yourself. Thank you for your feedback.

- PokerJedi, the custom "Dooku-Pimped" sounds like a great way to start  8). Your feedback is worth waaay more than 2 of those Republic Credits!

-Tyranus,
The scroll in my avatar between the Maul sabers is an original piece of sacred art by renowned Muslim Calligrapher, Haji Nur Deen of China. He is a dear friend and brother who visits Zaytuna Institute (www.zaytuna.org) which is where I work and does calligraphy workshops that the community always enjoys.

The lower part of the calligraphy  says, Bismillah Al-Rahman Al-Raheem which means, "In the Name of God the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate ". It's one of the most oft repeated Islamic invocations usually said before any formal speech or act that you want to have blessing in.

This "bismillah" is encased in a circular shape meant to represent a seed. Growing and rising above this seed is a floral/vine design patterned after a favored flower that the Chinese associate with many benefits (I forgot it's name).
Together, this piece conveys that this invocation is the seed from which multiple benefits and blessings bloom.

I just felt the style and color of the Maul sabers looked good next to this and added to the whole esoteric vibe. My personal interpretation of the red-colored sabers is that the red is a reminder of the sanctity of blood and that it can only be spilled under the most dire of circumstances and under the limits and restraints of sacred law.
* Read this excellent article to understand what I mean by this last, easy-to-distort point...
http://www.zaytuna.org/seasonsjournal/article.cfm?article_id=91

Attached are also a picture of the artist and a picture of another scroll that I purchased from him.
Sorry to be long, but you asked Ty  ;)

Bin Adam

« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 11:46:33 PM by Bin Adam »

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 11:47:44 PM »
Thank you for the enlightening articles! I will read through these with much interest!

The Caligraphy is quite beautiful, and you are honored to posess such art from such a master. :)

No need to apologise, I asked because I wanted to view a larger world than my own hometown!

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2007, 07:08:00 PM »
 ;D
wow thanks for the info bin!!You're a cool guy!! 8)

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2007, 10:21:32 PM »
That's very nice.  And I like the way you have it set up too.  :)

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2007, 12:26:48 AM »
Most excellent video review there Bin Adam  ;)

Offline Bin Adam

• Master Force User
    • For Those Who Reflect
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2007, 12:59:18 AM »
Peace be upon all,

Excellence is in the eye of the beholder  ;)

thanks for the feedback Chancellor.

Bin Adam

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2007, 06:41:09 PM »
Peace be upon all,

Excellence is in the eye of the beholder  ;)

thanks for the feedback Chancellor.

Bin Adam

I'll quote Anthony Daniels here as he started to blush on convention " You make me shy"  :D

Offline Taskmaster99

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2008, 04:59:26 PM »
Peace be upon you my friend. I see that your ANH Luke has the "creak" also. Great video and review!!!!!!

Offline Bin Adam

• Master Force User
    • For Those Who Reflect
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 09:05:33 PM »
And upon you be peace as well, Taskmaster99
Thanks for the positive feedback!

A little annoying
This creaking
This saber could use
Some tweaking
But at my age
I must confess
It's still a joy
To possess!

Bin Adam