fiduciary

Author Topic: Crystal Focus VIDEO Wiring Guide!!!  (Read 19091 times)

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
Re: Crystal Focus VIDEO Wiring Guide!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 12:20:40 AM »
First, is this thread stickied, second... is this for the CF4 or any CF boards??

EDIT: Renig first question! lol
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 12:22:38 AM by SHAAK TI »
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2008, 02:49:36 PM »
God, why am I so SLOW to respond on FX-Sabers??  I don't know.  Everyone: please forgive.

Shaak, the wiring guide is pretty much going to work for most ANY version of CF.  Certainly v3 and v4.  :)  Good question though.

You'll notice we don't mention nor use the "clash on flash" setup (because Gundamaniac wasn't using that)... but we do show a bit about wiring indicator LEDs and even a small vibration motor to go "along with" the Luxeon LED (or high-current LED... since Seoul P4s are starting to become more popular, etc. etc.).

The most simple way to wire a CF (ignoring most all of the "extras" or goodies), would be EXTREMELY close to how an Ultrasound would get wired up... only you'd have the auxillary (AUX) switch as well.

So:

ULTRA'S (any version):

* LED + and -
* Battery + and -
* SPK contacts (2)
* On/Off Switch contacts (2)

CRYSTAL FOCUS (any version):

* LED + and -
* Battery + and -
* SPK contacts (2)
* On/Off Switch contacts (2)
* Auxillary Switch contacts (2)

A DIRECT DRIVE / RESISTOR SABER:

* LED + and -
* Battery + and -
* On/Off Switch ... a latching switch that just bridges the gap over EITHER + *OR* -

So... good question, Shaak.  But one thing is for certain--the theoretical wiring is easy... it's the ACTUAL job of figuring which wires will bridge where and how you'll organize wiring/quick-disconnects that becomes the hard work... as seen in the four-part video.

Not to mention, once you start adding extras to CF... you start getting into a lot of bloody wires!  :D  Four LED indicators (or more!!), a motor, a small LED "mimicking" the Luxeon current, a recharge port + kill switch setup... uh, yeah--it starts to get wack trying to stuff all that into a 10" sink tube of 1.25" OD.  :D

It's like trying to stick your saber in a cheerio.   :P
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 05:28:12 AM by Novastar »
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2008, 03:42:38 PM »
Thanks...for FINALLY answering!  ::)  :D
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 05:16:04 AM »
For those of you who are receiving your CF boards... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE use this tutorial prior to asking a ton of questions!

Not only does Erv's .pdf for v4 (and all his CF versions for that matter) explain things in GENEROUS detail... the four-part video that Gundam and I did should really troubleshoot about 90% of the things that might come up.

This isn't to say that specialty wiring (such as wiring a motor to mimic the Luxeon current) can't become a good question, but... it's mostly all answered in the video tutorial and/or past threads/forums.

Good luck... enjoy... and don't forget to post some videos of what you've done--hopefully as responses to this video:

You might even shoot some footage "as you go" to help others in need as well for later on.  Or maybe show a specialty wiring example (such as crystal chambers, or motors or... whatever!)

THANKS!!!

Take care, and have fun with your lightsabers!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 01:20:52 AM by Novastar »
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline Matzzn

• No Force
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2013, 10:25:03 AM »
Good day saber-enthusiasts,

Thanks at first for your video guide - It was very helpful for me in the past.

After some time i decided to order a CF 6.5 (I was lucky to get one of the last 6 pieces) inorder to build a new Luke ROTJ lightsaber with a triple cree (Green-Green-White).

So before I am setting up everything I was about to ask for help especially in case of the wiring of the activation-, aux-button and GND. Especially in the CF 6 generation the solderspots for activation-, aux-button and GND have been placed different? There is no 1-3-5 solder spot coordination like mentioned in your video - right?

- As I never learned the basics of electrotechnics I am asking regarding the meaning of this wiring diagram (the shown vertical line @ act. switch stands for the switch itself i assume? And I also found a wiring diagram in a german forum where the wiring diagram of these three spots is illustrated different - Look what I mean -- -- the setup of the switches is also connected to recharge port minus which goes to battery minus ?! I am a bit confused ^^ because you never did this in your video.

Regarding the wiring of a triple Cree with to the onboard FOC of the CF i am also having some general questions -
I found this graphic in Erv´s description - -

Could anyone edit this picture and replace it with a triple cree - I would be very thankful If someone would take this time in order to clear my concerns of my new project :) As I am a noob in case of electrical calculation of batterie for the systeme and the general need for resistors I am also asking for my battery setup - In my last project I used a  (2xTrustfire 14500 900mAh, 3.7V Li-ion) Setup - would that be also sufficient for my
CF 6.5 - Triple Cree - onboard white FOC project? :)

I am glad that this forum exists! Thanks for everyone how reads this and also for your feedback.

Best wishes

Mathias
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:41:43 AM by Matzzn »

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2013, 11:48:58 AM »
The video features a C.F. 3, which was the latest version at the time of the video's release. There has been a substantial change in many features of the CF since that time.

The manual ought to have exactly what you need to answer your wiring questions as well.

Good luck!

retrousse