fiduciary

Author Topic: Sidious LE and Sid Comparisons, Glam Shots of LDM Sidious, & LDM's Saber Factory  (Read 5292 times)

Offline Lord Xeno

• Master Force User
  • Sith...they mostly come out at night. Mostly.
Here's a few comparisons between the LDM/Korbanth Sid and the MR Darth Sidious LE.  The weight on the Sid is very light compared to the LE (of course). The lengths are identical. I was way surprised by how thin the Sid is compared to its LE counterpart! Especially near the pommel. Not a whole lot but definitely noticeable when handled.  The Sid just feels better.  See pic #4  below...

« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 01:35:41 PM by Lord Xeno »

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
  • Impressive..... most Impressive!
Great comparison shots, thanks for sharing  xeno 8)
I don't know, i gotta bad feeling about this!

Offline Lord Xeno

• Master Force User
Here are some shots of the Sid with blade installed and ignited.  The Gold FoC is too cool.  Note the General equipped these with 9W RGBs with one red die running and it rocks.  A two-die setup would have killed the run time on these since it has just a one battery 3.7V setup. For a small one-handed saber it's way bright and loud.  Can't wait to upload more fonts and boots.

Offline Lord Xeno

• Master Force User
Shot at LDM's studio when picking up the Sid.

Finally a bonafide Sidious FX saber...

Other sabers at LDM's...

LDM's personal collection

The Lab...

And...Darth Vindican (HOLY CRUD THIS WAS AWESOME)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
Cool comparison pics, man. Reviews such as this are great because it gives people the idea of just how incredibly close these actually are to the MR LE and accuracy to some is literally everything, lol. And I like that blade plug. Good choice!

Offline darth hondo

• Master Force User
  • there can only be two
Great pics. A lot of fun looking at the two versions of Sids. A great result on the Korbanth Sids by LDM. He makes a difficult conversion look easy.

A saber fantasyland at his shop for enthusiasts. A great work on the Vindican.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 03:42:59 PM by darth hondo »

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
It's like going to Disney Land over there! Great comparison shots! I could spend hours there gawking at that amazing collection!

Offline Lord Xeno

• Master Force User
Here's some comparison shots with other sabers to get an idea of the size of the Sid for reference.  Shown against:  MR Yoda, Korbanth/LDM Dooku, Acerocket Obi TPM, ANH MPP, ESB Graflex, VV Starkiller

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
When a MR Yoda looks bigger, you know that is one seriously tiny saber! Only fitting, as Sideous kept his hidden up his sleeve.

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
When a MR Yoda looks bigger, you know that is one seriously tiny saber! Only fitting, as Sideous kept his hidden up his sleeve.

And before that, in a statue in his office for two decades.

Offline Pinousse

• Master Force User
  • If so powerfull you are, why leave?
Awesome saber  :D Awesome review  ^-^ Awsome LDM  :)) Awesome coffee thx you have illuminated my morning!

retrousse