fiduciary

Author Topic: Darth Maul is back (Officially)  (Read 52436 times)

Offline djobitwan7

• Master Force User
Re: Darth Maul is back (Officially)
« Reply #150 on: March 10, 2012, 01:17:48 PM »
Ah, well unbeknownst to us, Maul was never a sith really. I won't elaborate, but it makes sense and it ties in well with TPM and how it turned out.

Offline Green Ranger

• Formerly known as Darth Payne
  • Master Force User
« Reply #151 on: March 10, 2012, 03:15:40 PM »
In defense of Uncle George and Katie, times have changed and so do people along the way. Had he decided to tell more stories based around the same premise and not actually opening up to new things in this "Expanded Universe", I think it would eventually get dull and boring. It's his legacy, he will do what he wants. And so far, it seems to be working.

This Maul was still bad though.  :-\

Offline Luis88

• Master Force User
« Reply #152 on: March 10, 2012, 07:59:55 PM »
The new darth maul is interesting but his personality is hard to swallow for most big maul and sam witwer fans. I think that this personality would be better off as a brand new villain in the series. For the little screen time maul had in 'brothers', I almost tried to imagine maul as somebody else and not the cloaked assassin from TPM which made This version of maul the most interesting character I can remember being in TCW series.

I haven't given up yet. I'll watch 'revenge' and see what happens, the character still needs to and will develop. The scene with yoda and obi could have been cut, it just didn't work but I guess Katie thinks it's essential for obiwan to be aware that maul is alive so he can be prepared.

*sigh*

I couldn't be happier that maul is back...but to have Katie write has crushed hopes for the last couple of episodes.

Give folino full creative powah!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 08:01:54 PM by Luis88 »

Offline Luis88

• Master Force User
« Reply #153 on: March 10, 2012, 08:04:12 PM »
Always two there is, a father, and a daughter, to ruin the future of what we love.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #154 on: March 10, 2012, 08:38:54 PM »
Katies writing is even more pathetic than Spider-Maul.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #155 on: March 10, 2012, 08:47:48 PM »
just watched it because i was curious.

Terrible, i said it months ago and they lived up to my prediction.

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #156 on: March 10, 2012, 08:55:44 PM »
Oh man. I feel weird being the only here one who liked it .  :D ;D

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world!

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #157 on: March 10, 2012, 09:24:00 PM »
Katie Lucas ruin Star Wars?  That's the funniest thing I think I've ever heard.  Her father already did that YEARS ago.  At this point they should just ruin it further for laughs because it's beyond absurd at this point.

Offline boshwan527

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #158 on: March 10, 2012, 09:25:21 PM »

well don't because I did too :D

Offline Luis88

• Master Force User
« Reply #159 on: March 10, 2012, 11:28:30 PM »

I liked it. Didn't love it.

Katie seems the type that if she gets fan backlash she will ruin things on purpose. A kid who can't stand the heat.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #160 on: March 11, 2012, 01:58:48 AM »
Katie Lucas ruin Star Wars?  That's the funniest thing I think I've ever heard.  Her father already did that YEARS ago.  At this point they should just ruin it further for laughs because it's beyond absurd at this point.

And how did that happen? Because Inca George surrounded himself with yes-men and there was no one during the prequel movies with the courage to say "No, thats a BAD IDEA" to The Boss when he thought up things like Jar Jar Binks just as now there is no one during the Clone Wars series with the courage to say "No, thats a BAD IDEA" to The Boss' Daughter when she thinks up things like Spider-Maul, Voodoo doll pinning Sith Lords or Stupide Depresse.

To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Luis88

• Master Force User
« Reply #161 on: March 11, 2012, 03:19:54 AM »
The reality of it is that it's aimed at children 5-12 years old who can hound their parents to by them the action figures and other toys. It started in ROTJ with the Ewoks.

This series only exists so george can sell more toys over an 5-8 year period.

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #162 on: March 11, 2012, 07:29:59 AM »

well don't because I did too :D

Oh good. Now I feel better!  ;D

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world!

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #163 on: March 11, 2012, 09:58:29 AM »
The reality of it is that it's aimed at children 5-12 years old who can hound their parents to by them the action figures and other toys. It started in ROTJ with the Ewoks.

This series only exists so george can sell more toys over an 5-8 year period.

Do you really know that or are you just talking smack?... I'd like to see the article or story where George says I'm only doing this for the money... Oh never mind I found it... I guess your right...

George Lucas
"Yeah those stupid OT parents what a bunch of dumb hicks... don't they know.. or they should have figured out by now that I hate them and that I only made the stupid piece of crap cartoon to steal money out of their pockets by making their annoying little kids bug them for toys created from the show"...

Man George Lucas is a Jerk.... None of this has anything to do with art or artistic expression... or because he was really inspired by the Art of Ralph McQuairre and wanted to explore that vision of Star Wars as concept art or for that matter because he wanted to do something cool.... None of that is true because he's just a money grubbing son of those poor hicks... Man I'll say it again George Lucas is total Jerk.... And I hope his whole Empire finds it's way to ruin just for creating Jar Jar.... oh... and for thinking Jake Loyd can act... Because that's your next two complaints right?.... Don't worry you don't have to answer I know that it is... Old old old.... ::)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 11:20:57 AM by KI-ADI-MUNDI »

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
« Reply #164 on: March 11, 2012, 12:00:32 PM »
I watched the episode this morning. I thought it was pretty good, I just wish there was more back story on how he survived. Maybe there will be more in the next episode. Personally, I like TCW a lot. I think the creative direction and freedom is a nice and much needed breath of fresh air into the Star Wars universe. You gotta understand, when George first told his story, he was extremely limited in what he could show his audience. He stretched the boundaries of film making to show us what he did. With the prequels, and the animated show he's able to show us more. Maybe we need to accept that maybe the original perception that fans had of what the universe was like in Star Wars, maybe, just maybe is not what George had/has in mind. I like Ewoks, I like Ahsoka, I like all the cool new story directions in the CW series. I don't mind Jar Jar, people thought the same of 3PO when he first came on screen, but now he's beloved. Go figure.

retrousse