fiduciary

Author Topic: Darth Maul is back (Officially)  (Read 52337 times)

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
Re: Darth Maul is back (Officially)
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2011, 10:18:29 AM »
@Luke:  ST? Really?  I don't even know you anymore.

The only ST item in my house is a communicator pin.  It would require a new thread to list everything in my house that is SW.  I have nor will I ever attend a trek convention nor would I dress up.  I am soon to apply to the RL as Jedi night Kamin Ressik.(subtle nod to STNG with the name) ;)

As for the topic of maul.  I would much rather him be cloned.....sigh.....than return from near death.  I just hate is when writers kill off characters to get the drama and higher ratings only to yank the rug from under you and later say they lived.  :-\
For the record I wouldn't really be happy with a bunch of DM clones running around.

Offline Drazel O'Thumos

• Formerly known as forcepractitioner
  • Master Force User
« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2011, 05:18:32 PM »
It seems likely that, judging by the presence of long horns on his head in the short glimpse that we have of him in the presentation of Clone Wars Season 4, it will either be a Visionaries-style cyborg Darth Maul or a somehow (how??) regenerated but aging Maul (I do not know if it is only a faulty impression caused by the rendering of his traits in 3D animation, but his face seems to be gaunt and slightly elongated):

You can find a clear capture of his head and face here:

http://fashionnaction.blogspot.com/2011/10/its-all-about-maul-star-wars-episode-i.html

Anyway, there are only three possibilities: 1/Darth Maul returning as a cyborg ("he is more machine than Zabrak now"  ::) :-\  hum! ) ; 2/Darth Maul being revived as a clone of the original; 3/ Darth Maul as a ghost emanating from  the darkest planes of the Netherworld of the Force, and being summoned by the Night Sisters or other malicious force-practitioners (remember that he is first seen through a kind of strange crystal ball/sphere...).
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 05:31:45 PM by forcepractitioner »

Offline Ven Zallow

• Padawan Learner
  • Search your feelings, you will know it to be true
« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2011, 07:45:30 PM »
Not sure if im happy about him resurfacing. Dont get me wrong Maul is one of, if not the coolest SW character, Im just hoping his personality is at least similar to what its like in TPM. Focused, intense and lets his actions speak for himself.

Offline roland

• Force User
    • RO-LIGHTSABER
« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2011, 11:19:01 AM »
At last he can have his revenge... or not :P

Offline Green Ranger

• Formerly known as Darth Payne
  • Master Force User
« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2011, 09:45:00 PM »
Pretty sure this will be the one chance that Lucas will have to show Sidious' love for Cloning. Take it to the bank

Offline Luis88

• Master Force User
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2012, 05:35:46 AM »
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet on this thread but it's official, Sam witwer (starkiller) will be voicing darth maul in the final episodes of season 4.

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2012, 02:19:35 PM »
Well if this is any indicator I do not think I will approve of the Darth Maul return.

They seem to have turned the silent, deadly, mysterious sith into a psychotic maniac, why must they change what already worked? This feels like a dumbed down version of Maul from TPM.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/10/darth-maul-clone-wars-teaser/?ref=nf

Offline The_Night

• Master Force User
  • "I have become your Nightmare"
    • Prestige Sabers
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2012, 02:31:33 PM »
the saddest part of that article? it says he is coming back at the end of season for...

That means theres going to be a season 5!  >:(
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

i mean come on. rule of 2. lets stick to your own story structure guys. if maul is alive dooku shouldnt be sidious' apprentice. but i guess they already broke the rule of 2 with ventress  :-\
MR Vader ESB
MR Maul Staff- Converted
MFX Starkiller
KOTOR Clan Sabers

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2012, 03:10:29 PM »
I'm not a happy Maul fan. And the horns?! WHY?! Leave a character alone dag nabbit!!  >:(
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline Sa`vage Archanas

• Force User
  • resident south paw sith lord
« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2012, 04:01:31 PM »
i don't know.. I was disapointed with tpm for killing him off so quick. no back story on the character no insight into the personality of this particular sith. i am kind of excited to finally get this. and that preview, the anger displayed is kind of what i imagined and expected. now I really want to know what drives it. what darkness lies in his past? what pushed him over the proverbial edge? i mean aside from Obi, lol. I would like to see the rise of darth maul, and how he came to be.

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2012, 07:01:11 PM »
the saddest part of that article? it says he is coming back at the end of season for...

That means theres going to be a season 5!  >:(
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

i mean come on. rule of 2. lets stick to your own story structure guys. if maul is alive dooku shouldnt be sidious' apprentice. but i guess they already broke the rule of 2 with ventress  :-\
they break the rule in the Darth Plagueis story... Sidious is training Maul while he is the apprentice of Plagueis...

Also 5 seasons has always been the plan... 100 episodes is the line that needs to be crossed for all the TV rerun rights and payouts to kick in...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 07:03:43 PM by KI-ADI-MUNDI »

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline Luis88

• Master Force User
« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2012, 08:49:18 PM »
There's usually a sith in training before there is only 2. There are a lot of sith in training character in the cw. I guess you can only count dooku and sidious as sith. Sidious refers to opress and ventress as 'assassins' a lot during the series.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2012, 10:30:18 AM »
Those assassins aren't Sith those are 'Dark Jedi'. The Rule Of Two doesnt prevent Sith from using henchmen [or in Ventress case henchwitch er henchwoman] or even using Force-using henchmen or training them as Dooku did Ventress it just means they are not true Sith, not inducted into the deeper Mysteries of the Sith Order [no need-to-know] and have no claim of succession to Sith 'titles' if their Lord was killed. Thus there is no advantage for a Dark Jedi underling to try to assassinate their Sith master since they can't replace them - this helps keep them loyal or at least removes one incentive for betrayal. A Dark Jedi might hope that if they showed particular competency skill and success and were loyal and useful they might be considered for Sith training if an opening arose but it would be a slim hope...not one any smart person would think worth going up against a fully trained Sith Lord for.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2012, 08:21:31 PM »
The way I see it, Darth Maul died in TPM.  And Boba Fett died in ROTJ.  The only reason Lucas is resurrecting the character is because he knows fans love him and wants to justify selling products with Darth Maul's face all over them.  I personally never understood why people loved Fett or Maul so much.  They had cool costumes/ weapons which explains why so many people costume as them, but that's about all.  Not much in the way of character development in the films.

Offline Drazel O'Thumos

• Formerly known as forcepractitioner
  • Master Force User
« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2012, 05:56:35 PM »
There are some subtle new visual clues of what Darth Maul will look like when he "comes back" in the new season of Clone Wars, and.....it seems that it is the cyborg option that is favored: it is neither a clone nor a ghost, he is older, mentally insane, he has the long gloves and the minerva that are those visible in Old Wounds, and I think that you can have a brief glimpse of his cyborg half (hips and legs) if you pause at the right time during the video presentation.

http://nerdbastards.com/2012/02/17/darth-maul-is-returning-on-clone-wars-meet-the-man-behind-the-sith/

retrousse