fiduciary

Author Topic: Request Thread for NEW sound fonts (ALWAYS READ ORIGINAL POST FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!)  (Read 97165 times)

Offline Green Ranger

• Formerly known as Darth Payne
  • Master Force User
Re: Request Thread for new sound fonts...
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2011, 11:35:20 PM »
What I've envisioned for a while were samples from AOTC Anakin saber, clash sequences from the dooku duel, but a lockup of him cutting through the sandpeople tent wall, and blasterblocks of sandpeople hoots and howls and/or their rifles from the pod race sequence from TPM. 

Or Qui Gon saying "Anakin! Anakin! Nooooooo!!!" As a lock up ;)

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2011, 12:04:10 AM »
Have you made the sound font from the black bladed mando saber from clone wars? Wicked sound font that would be indeed 8)
Good question... I essentially had to "interpret" this font a bit, but it became what is called "Obsidian Flamberge".  Not to be confused with the new Obsidian BOARD, although... that is precisely how Alex and I came up with the idea for its name (black, rock, volcanic, sounds like "Sidious" anyhow, heheh).

BTW folks... please, please, PLEASE try to offer more DETAILED suggestions (instead of just saying: "Do _______!")... in other words:

* Suggest links, give examples... sometimes, I don't know about the latest "cultures" or specials fads with movies, characters, games, etc.  :)
* Suggest what "should/could" be for powerons, lockups, specials, etc.
* Whatever else you can tell me, such as "there really isn't a hum for this, and I don't even think one should be substituted/created" or... "ok, so this one is more of a cult classic and doesn't REALLY fit being a sword... but it could definitely work, just go for it!"
* Be specific about things, don't just say "Yargo Sword" if Yargo is a character in a video game called "Super Wacko Quest" and the sword itself is actually called "Plork", and it just so happens that this "Yargo" guy finds the sword, lol.

I know--it probably sounds really irritating or banal for me to be asking that stuff, but... it'll help if you want to see the font to full fruition.  :)

By the way... MAD MAD PROPS TO WATTO (here @ FX) for CONSISTENTLY giving me giant amounts of help into building fonts he wanted to see completed.   ;D  He goes waaaaaay above & beyond when it comes to requesting fonts to be made...
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline David Simmons

• Force User
    • Xenobuzz Construction Headquarters
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2011, 01:33:55 AM »
Beavis and Butthead.   ;D  If I had any know-how I'd do this myself, but I don't so I don't, but is something I've always wanted to see!

Boot-up sound is Butthead saying "this is the coolest thing I've ever seen"
Blaster deflect sound is Beavis saying "Fire!"
Clash sounds are beavis saying "Boing" and some others  ;)
Hum is Beavis doing his jibberish before saying "I am cornholio!"
Ignition sound is Beavis or Butthead going "Wo-ooaaaah!"
Force sound is Beavis asking "Are you threatening me??", Butthead doing his laugh

;D ;D

Uh huh huh, uh huh huh huh huh huh!  That would be cool!

Alternate ignition sound: "You do not want to face the wrath of my bunghole!"
Alternate blaster deflect: "Uhhhhh, no."

Dave S.

"There is no end, no beginning.  There is only the infinite passion of life."  - Federico Fellini

Offline David Simmons

• Force User
    • Xenobuzz Construction Headquarters
A few weeks ago Ducos Rossis posted a beautiful saber build with a very evocative volcanic theme:

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=30535.0

In that initial post, he had a video link:

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b340/GraeyeDesires/?action=view&current=MVI_5064.mp4

Because the crystal used for the hilt comes from Mustafar, I immediately thought that the saber should have lava and/or volcanic sound effects.  For example:

Boot up:  low rumble/earthquake sound builds up
Ignition:  volcanic eruption
Hum: hissing sound of gaseous emissions i.e. fumaroles
Swing: bubbling/spewing sound of small lava pots
Clash: lava burning stuff
Blaster deflect: lightning strike
Force:  ?
Powerdown: sound of water freezing to ice?

Dave S.

"There is no end, no beginning.  There is only the infinite passion of life."  - Federico Fellini

Offline keeth

• Experienced Force User
Sorry about not being clear about the Thumb Wars idea :)

Enjoy!
I will not break, I will not bend, I will not serve. - Marasiah Fel

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
  • "I will consume your soul before this day is done"
Nova, I'll be sending you an email regarding a font on the list very soon. It should have a large attachment with it. ;)

Also, I may have some ideas/sounds to send to you regarding the "satori sin" font. ;D

Offline Watto

• Experienced Force User
@ Novastar;

Thank you for the kind words man and especially for re-opening this thread.  We can never get enough of your awesome fonts!!!   :o

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
Update:  Sonic Screwdriver font was made by Phoenixjedi, so... I would think there's no need for me to do another one!  Sounds good to me... :)  Although I do not know much about Dr. Who, I researched it a little about a week ago in preparation to make a font.

One quick thing... if you (meaning anyone as "you") are planning to release a font about _________, and it's on the "to do" list, try to let me know, and I'll focus my attention elsewhere, heheh!  Otherwise, I'm most DEFINITELY going to have a lot of "started + then stopped" sound font projects.  :)
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline PhoenixJedi

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Phoenix Sabers
Nova: its still a beta.. I could use one or two of the experts to test it... I sent a copy off to Vaders Vault earlier, but wouldnt min someone like you to test it..

I'm the only saber smith ever mentioned in the NY Times: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=35163
My Sabers: Avenger & Defender (TCSS Pair), Ravager (SF Vanquish)
Check out my profile for my website, sound font samples and pictures of sabers i've built!
Note: All sales from me, once shipped, are final.

Offline PhoenixJedi

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Phoenix Sabers
Update:  Sonic Screwdriver font was made by Phoenixjedi, so... I would think there's no need for me to do another one!  Sounds good to me... :)  Although I do not know much about Dr. Who, I researched it a little about a week ago in preparation to make a font.

One quick thing... if you (meaning anyone as "you") are planning to release a font about _________, and it's on the "to do" list, try to let me know, and I'll focus my attention elsewhere, heheh!  Otherwise, I'm most DEFINITELY going to have a lot of "started + then stopped" sound font projects.  :)

Oh btw, i did that last minute. It wasnt part of the plan because I had no idea what i was doing. I got lucky it came out good.

I'm the only saber smith ever mentioned in the NY Times: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=35163
Check out my profile for my website, sound font samples and pictures of sabers i've built!

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
<-- working on Tron: Legacy Disc font...

:)

Click here.

Offline PhoenixJedi

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Phoenix Sabers
<-- working on Tron: Legacy Disc font...

:)

Thats gonna be a tough one Nova...

Offline Juansith

• Master Force User
  • The Leeroy Jenkins of the bidding wars
Uuuuuu nice

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
I know a few who got a kit at the RPF who will be SO happy to get that font !  ;D

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
Thats gonna be a tough one Nova...
Not a bit of it.

So far... it's going precisely as I've imagined, and... well... here's a quick post for it, just as a general FYI/announcement:
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=31783.new#new

At the same time... I have to keep moving forward, and... of course many of the other fonts are in the works, getting built up slowly but surely.

The past release of CD3 in October of 2010 really sapped away a lot of my desires/energy on sound fonts... but I'm hoping to get re-inspired with this font (and a few others) and tackle the throng of fonts again.

LOL... even though (as per usual) every time I finish & release a CD I ~SWEEEAAARR~ to myself: "Ok.  That's it.  No more.  God I'm SICK & tired of fonts.  Bleah." :P

Click here.

retrousse